House Price Crash Forum

Worst Value Properties In Edinburgh

WhatThe

HOLA441
HOLA442

Ok I do not know if this has been started but I think it is worthwhile to show some of the gems on offer. I'll start with this one:

350K for a 1 bed flat in poor condition:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-32823847.html

Am I missing something here?

Yes, you’re missing something on this occasion: click on Particulars, and you’ll see that ‘22 Glen Street offers an excellent opportunity to purchase a self contained block of 4 properties’.

HOLA443

Yes, you’re missing something on this occasion: click on Particulars, and you’ll see that ‘22 Glen Street offers an excellent opportunity to purchase a self contained block of 4 properties’.

Thanks -- makes more sense, but I think the EA could have been a little clearer on the title. Let me try another:

http://www.espc.com/properties/details.aspx?pid=307749&sid=2071532549

This is above a shop on Stockbridge but they want Fettes row prices. Plus the pictures make it look like it was made by Hobbits This will NOT sell at this price. Why bother?

HOLA444
HOLA445

Why not write in and tell the legal firm marketing it, exactly why it's grossly overpriced and won't sell for that? Then send a copy to the property. Then said a copy to all the neighbours, asking if the legal firm is still in business, as you haven't had a reply.

Fight back.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

Ok

I think we have a winner for the most delusional price. OO 565K for the half kitchen in this gem.

http://www.primelocation.com/uk-property-for-sale/details/id/SPEH_EDN110235/

I mean what are these people smoking FFS. That is one million dollars for half a kitchen. What clown valued this property!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I think you are being a little harsh here, I mean:

tandem parking space : 75K

uninterrupted view of the castle : 25K

ceilings custom made for lop-sided hobbit : priceless

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

The ideal candidate would be one that is sh!t, overpriced, and in a borderline-ropey area. So a new build shoebox on the city centre periphery would be best for our purposes.

Done !

Well, the current owners (who bought it new) paid £125,995 for it two years ago, and it's their birthright to make a profit, don'tcha know!

Some people really live on another planet. They really do.

HOLA4415

I find it interesting that you get a flat for about the same, or less price per sq M in a 'posh' area like Barnton as you do for what can frankly be a shitehole - like Gorgie. I know it is close to town and all but who cares.

HOLA4416

OK it`s wholly scheisse, but this comes in at a cool 4,200 psqm. I`ve noticed quite a few more than usually delusional valuations coming up in the west end, possibly something to do with the old YMCA hostel conversion in Eglington cres. - the one with the half a mil two beds. Apparently it`s upped all the local properties by 30%!

HOLA4417

OK it`s wholly scheisse, but this comes in at a cool 4,200 psqm. I`ve noticed quite a few more than usually delusional valuations coming up in the west end, possibly something to do with the old YMCA hostel conversion in Eglington cres. - the one with the half a mil two beds. Apparently it`s upped all the local properties by 30%!

Seen the floor plan? You go straight in to the living room, and the kitchen is basically just the end of the corridor? That’s the kind of shitty conversion you see in London. Give me a purpose-built, well laid-out tenement flat any day!

HOLA4418

Seen the floor plan? You go straight in to the living room, and the kitchen is basically just the end of the corridor? That’s the kind of shitty conversion you see in London. Give me a purpose-built, well laid-out tenement flat any day!

There is a 2 bed literally round the corner that`s a third bigger for 70k less (and that`s overpriced too, in my conceited opinion). How long is going to take them to realise it, and who is going to tell them that they are utterly wasting their time and money. How sad that someone BS¨ed them into it as well.

Edited by kenzdawg

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

...and the Penthouse is up for sale in the development I mentioned above -

4 beds, ONE public room, one bathroom, one ensuite

98.6 sq m, measured to the backs of the built-in wardrobes,,,,,, £750,000

£7,600 per sq m

Edited by TTD

HOLA4422

...and the Penthouse is up for sale in the development I mentioned above -

4 beds, ONE public room, one bathroom, one ensuite

98.6 sq m, measured to the backs of the built-in wardrobes,,,,,, £750,000

£7,600 per sq m

Yeah, but that`s the Hamptons of Scotland. An estate agent told me that so it must be true. I see it`s illustrated with toy town CGI, so I guess it`s still off plan. I wonder how much they`ll up the price when it`s completed but still unsold?

HOLA4423

Flippety-flip

Bought for 215K last autumn, tarted up inside and now on the market for 'offers over' 380K. 122 m², so that's £3,115 per square metre for a maindoor flat in Bruntsfield. Seems rather steep to me.

"Less than 1 mile from a now half deserted shopping street, that resembles the carnage of a WW1 battlefield. Walking distance to the Christmas panto, and a taxi run to a theatre and a couple of cinemas" Big Wow. Edinburgh needs to get over it`s pretensions about property "values", and soon :lol::lol:

Edited by dances with sheeple

HOLA4424

Yeah, but that`s the Hamptons of Scotland. An estate agent told me that so it must be true. I see it`s illustrated with toy town CGI, so I guess it`s still off plan. I wonder how much they`ll up the price when it`s completed but still unsold?

They seem to have a fair number sold already - I passed by before Xmas, and the sale board trumpeted that 7 (?) or 9 (?) were sold already. Agent's website shows three Under Offer from the 11 currently listed therein, there appear to be 18 in total, so appears 7 sold already.... remarkable at those prices, IMHO.

HOLA4425

Looks ok until you see pics of the outside, which looks ghastly. Price is also insane.

I was driving around Edinburgh today (had to get out of the house despite feeling ill) and maybe it's just me, but it looks so tired. The places with decent space are so old now, and the newer builds just have no space. If I had a penny for the number of times somebody gobbed on the street and tried to act the hard man, I'd be rich. More and more I'm put off buying here. The thread should be, where is there any quality housing at an affordable price lol?

Along those lines, you may remember my anecdote before about a friend of a friend who sold their detached house in Dalkeith for next-to full asking price a couple months after it was put up. They then went for something even more expensive - why? To them, nothing under the £250k mark presented any value. Perhaps not quite true, but not far off the mark?