House Price Crash Forum

Chris Huhne's Date With Destiny

pl1

HOLA441

Serves the smug git right. Perverting justice can involve jail time. His ex-wife must really hate him to be willing to do six months in pokey just to bring him down. All she had to do was keep quiet and neither of them would have ever heard anything more about it.

I think that she expected only to embarrass him ,and cause him political difficulty........... which was why the times was holding on to the e mails , protecting her ...I doubt she would have done it if she had realized that she would be facing porridge herself ....

unfortunately for them.... there are a lot of people who dont like him and have agendas themselves .......... guidos been plugging away at it for months

article-1388918-0C29177F00000578-645_468x286.jpg

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443

How long did the two young boys from Manchester get for posting a message about riots on Facebook? 4 years each I think.

And the PM said that it was right to "send a strong message" by jailing people for "a significant period". Lets hope we get a nice strong message for lawmakers who pervert the course of justice. A significant period of loss of liberty seems right and proper.

Unfortunately as far as the ConDems are concerned tough justice, like paying tax, is something that only applies to ordinary plebs.

HOLA444

I think that she expected only to embarrass him ,and cause him political difficulty........... which was why the times was holding on to the e mails , protecting her ...I doubt she would have done it if she had realized that she would be facing porridge herself ....

unfortunately for them.... there are a lot of people who dont like him and have agendas themselves .......... guidos been plugging away at it for months

article-1388918-0C29177F00000578-645_468x286.jpg

Chris is a tw@t of the highest order. It just goes to show that all CAGW zealots are in fact liars.

Disclaimer

He is innocent until proven guilty.

HOLA445
HOLA446

I believe that he was driving home from the airport after working in Brussels as a Euro MP: if so, the alleged offence, if it was committed at all, was committed in the course of his employment.

So if you work on the till at Tesco and steal the takings in the course of your employment it doesn't count and the police won't be involved? Wow.

HOLA447

It's good news week...

Fred the Shred loses his Knighthood, John Terry loses the England capataincy and now Huhne faces a criminal trial.

It seems vast wealth does not buy common sense. If Huhne had taken the speeding points and got banned how long would he have been off the road? 3 to 6 months at most. It would not have impacted his "career" and would now be completely forgotten.

With his millions he could easily have afforded to hire a chauffeur full time and would not be facing the beak...what a dickhead!

Wouldn't it be nice if they now finally went after those disgraceful fraudulent Lords who STOLE money from the taxpayer with their false housing expenses claims.

Why these disgusting scumbags have been allowed to get away with it scot free is totally beyond me.

Yes, this is the United Kingdom in 2012, absolutely corrupt.

HOLA448
HOLA449

Beautifully summed up in The Telegraph

Huhne: you'd need a heart of stone not to laugh

So there we go. Among the people who will not, I suspect, be shedding any tears at Mr Toad's long-awaited departure from the Cabinet are:

David Cameron

Everyone in the Cabinet, even including Michael Gove who likes – and is liked by – almost everybody in Parliament.

Everyone in the Conservative party

Everyone in the Labour party

Everyone in UKIP

Pretty much everyone in the Lib Dems.

His ex-wife.

Every newspaper including the Daily Mirror – which really ought to like him given how pathologically left-wing he is but has happily made an exception owing to the man's unremitting, weapons-grade vileness.

Everyone who was at Westminster with him. (In his Chris Paul-Huhne days.)

Everyone who ever worked with him at the Guardian, the Independent, the Economist and the Liverpool Echo.

Everyone who lives anywhere near one of his wretched ruddy wind farms (with the possible exception of rent-seeking beneficiaries thereof, such as Sir Reginald Sheffield Bt).

Everyone whose electricity bills – ie all of us – have been artificially inflated by his pointless green tariffs

Everyone who worked with him when he was an MEP

Everyone who worked with him at Fitch

Everyone who knew him at Oxford or the Sorbonne.

Pretty much everyone else we haven't mentioned already.

It is indeed a singular achievement for one man to rise so high in the reasonably clubbable, popularity-dependent world of politics while yet remaining so heroically charmless in almost every possible way.

But Huhne has managed it. That is why today on this happiest of days, let us all raise our glasses and let joy be unconfined.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/jamesdelingpole/100134689/huhne-youd-need-a-heart-of-stone-not-to-laugh/

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

There is something about that man that doesn't ring true, someone not to be trusted.....when someone reaches a position of power and responsibility especially those that fail to maintain a good framework of powerful friends around them should see to it they hold no skeletons in the cupboard, because be sure as eggs are eggs the door will be pulled open for all to see. ;)

HOLA4413

So if you work on the till at Tesco and steal the takings in the course of your employment it doesn't count and the police won't be involved? Wow.

My comment was in response to someone else arguing that the offence was committed in his private life and thus irrelevant to whether or not he keeps his job. In response to that I pointed out that this wasn't entirely true: the alleged speeding offence was while he was travelling on work, and so most certainly should be relevant to whether or not he keeps his job.

One of my previous employers had a very clear rule to the effect that if you committed any road traffic offence while travelling on business, you were bringing the company into disrepute and would therefore be given a P45. This seems entirely reasonable to me, and should be applied to Huhne as well.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

perhaps the ex wife will plead guilty in return for a reduced sentence .......

heh

He said: "I am innocent of these charges and I intend to fight them in the courts and I am confident a jury will agree. So as to avoid any distratction to my official duties or my trial defence, I am standing down as Energy and Climate Change Secretary. I will of course continue to serve my constituents in Eastleigh. That is all I have to say."
Vicky Pryce, Mr Huhne's ex-wife, says in a statement: "As the CPS have decided to prosecute, it would not be appropriate to comment further at this stage. Obviously I hope for a quick resolution of the case. In the meantime, I will be taking a little time off over the next few days to be with my family."

not quite the same message is it ?

Edited by Tankus

HOLA4418
  • 10 months later...
HOLA4419
HOLA4420