House Price Crash Forum

Halifax Minus 2.4%

HOLA441
  • Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
The UK average price in April 2012, at £159,883, was virtually the same as in December 2011 (£159,888).

Um, hang on.... The UK average price in April 2012 was virtually the same as in JUNE 2004! So that's 7 years without any house price growth :D:D:D

HOLA443

Um, hang on.... The UK average price in April 2012 was virtually the same as in JUNE 2004! So that's 7 years without any house price growth :D:D:D

Oh man don't say that, you will p!ss off homeowners mortgage prisoners.

HOLA444

Asking prices at all time high though !!!

Some people must be getting stung big time and some people must be getting a fairly priced house.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

We really need to breach the April 09 low of £154,716 to confirm that the move up from that level was truly just a dead cat bounce.

With articles like this, it does look like it is only a matter of time.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

Great news, this spring bounce is really taking hold :lol: sadly it will be kept off the front pages by the local election results.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

I'll be happy with I see a -2.5 next month too :P

Ill be happy when Halifax are no longer issuing mortgages and their stupid index is consigned to the dustbin of history.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

We really need to breach the April 09 low of £154,716 to confirm that the move up from that level was truly just a dead cat bounce.

With articles like this, it does look like it is only a matter of time.

This one tops it for bearishness...... Love the headline!

House prices slipped 2.4pc lower last month and could fall 20pc further

Edited by Caveat Mortgagor

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Are the MoM figures saying that afer a "silly" month in March with people trying to beat the stamp duty deadline there is now a return to just below February 2012 levels?

Or is +2% one month, -2% the next month just statistical noise and the QoQ figures (+0.3%) and YoY figures (-0.5%) are a better measure that actually house prices at the moment are not really changing a lot either way?

HOLA4421

Does anyone remember the 2% fall in early 2008 and when challenged about it Clown replied 'I realy don't think a one month statistic is important given the huige rises over 15 years'. Then the rest of 2008 happened.

I have been saying to my wife, since October, that it has felt like the beginnings of 2008 since then.

HOLA4422

i recommend we all email our local agents that link to cheer them up for their bank holidays B)

Sometimes when a particularly ridiculous asking price accompanies a new rightmove listing I send this picture to the local EA in question.

70808681-kite-flying.jpg

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425