House Price Crash Forum

Great To See Hpc Back

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

I would like to know what system Fubra are using? It is the most unreliable system I have ever encountered!

I run a LAMP based web service which is approximately the same size and popularity as housepricecrash and do not get anywhere as many issues.

At times I do wonder if this site is earning Fubra so little that they really don't care about it that much?

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

Just to rub it in a bit. Both of our dedicated servers have an uptime of over a year B)

We use http://ovh.co.uk because they are cheap and reliable. That is also the reason we use a linux LAMP stack.

Mine do too with the help of K-Splice to update running kernels!

The only major outages I've experienced have been network related, DDoS attacks and so on, which can take time to manage. Thankfully they are rare.

It is also common for data centre sites to have back up power, usually in the form of substantial diesel generators. Loss of power is not an acceptable excuse. Having said that I have hosted at the likes of Redbus Telehouse, which have managed to loose power.

Edited by "Steed"

HOLA449
HOLA4410

Just to rub it in a bit. Both of our dedicated servers have an uptime of over a year B)

We use http://ovh.co.uk because they are cheap and reliable. That is also the reason we use a linux LAMP stack.

In the days when I used Netware 3.12 I would have been seriously disappointed to not get several years at a time.

Edit to add: Not much use for a wb server of course.:)

Edited by Rare Bear

HOLA4411
It is also common for data centre sites to have back up power, usually in the form of substantial diesel generators. Loss of power is not an acceptable excuse. Having said that I have hosted at the likes of Redbus Telehouse, which have managed to loose power.

you'd be a tad bit annoyed if your online business was on one of these servers. loss of revenue etc.

HOLA4412

Got a database/SQL error telling me it was my computer that was the issue.

From my experience, if you were logged in, you got that message.

If you weren't, you could see the forum and read the posts, but as soon as you logged in....

• 1 month later...
HOLA4413

A lot of sites have been/are at this moment suffering hacking attacks, both UKpoliceonline and policespecials .com are offline because its so bad, the hackers have got hold of individuals email accounts as well. hackers seem to have something against Bankers.

Surprised Arrse hasn't been taken out as well as this site.

HOLA4414

I would like to know what system Fubra are using? It is the most unreliable system I have ever encountered!

I run a LAMP based web service which is approximately the same size and popularity as housepricecrash and do not get anywhere as many issues.

At times I do wonder if this site is earning Fubra so little that they really don't care about it that much?

Forget your KFC.

You need to delete your cookies then log back into HPC and see how many new ones you have.