HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
ITV1 Tonight with Sir Trev

YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!

PLEASE make sure you connect the present state of the economy with Brown's failure to keep house prices under control (see my sig for the quote).

Hank Paulson spoke yesterday and made it 100% clear that the mess we are in was due to HOUSE PRICES GETTING OUT OF CONTROL.

I have yet to see the dots joined here by anyone in Government.

How could he have kept them under control--I am sure you know the answers, but here is a recap:

1. By not implementing his so-called "light touch" with regard to City practices which aided and abetted all of the lending abuses now manifesting themselves in a crash (90% of the cause IMO).

2. By not allowing tax breaks for second home owners (BTL).

3. By including house price INFLATION in a reliable CPI which the BoE rely upon to set IR.

There are many others but the above 3 are enough.

Is it on Monday night or "tonight?"

Edited by Realistbear

HOLA4414
Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable
Is this going to be good enough to open the one I've got reserved for the closing party for Foxtons Islington?

Or the Chateau de Demise Wilsonique?

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
you on FP? I got a call from the production team last week and for the first time I was sorely tempted to appear. Decided against it finally.

I think you'll regret that...

Watch and see.

HOLA4417
They wont care as I ram the crystal stems into their eyes.

ST

Save the rage for a couple of years down the track when you bump into Adam Applegarth in Sainsbury's. So you can twist off his head and make an impromptu Kinder Surprise joke.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

I'm betting it's the end for the Wilsons AND Foxtons.

That'll empty a few pent up bearsacks.

Edited by DissipatedYouthIsValuable

HOLA4420
Come on FP, spill the beans. Is Sir Trevor's house being reposessed live on TV and him exposed as a BTL property baron who has just declared bankruptcy?

Oh yes !! :lol::lol::lol:

<edited for typos>

the guy that phoned me up a couple of times suggested he wanted to include the damage BTL had done v FTBs and how much they had lost/were losing, it's also a 'panel thingy' interspersed with interviews etc., similar to the one with MSW and the guy from Savills a year or so back, iirc they're going to re-visit some of their predictions, but not sure if MSWebb is on again, don't think she is. Wanted predictions of how much property would fall and why and how we'd got in this state. TBH in some respects I reckoned it's kinda past it sell by date, might rub salt into the wounds of highly leveraged BTL players but IMHO we're way past all this now. If invited on this time last year to say "prices will fall by 35% inside two years to revert back to affordable levels and that's before the inter bank lending heart attack has wreaked its havoc" it'd been worth it, but not now. Can't see the point in these programmes now...it's all airborne

HOLA4421
Come on man, don't be a spoil sport.

Could you at least tell us is it along the lines of:

1)BTL are parasite scum, look what theyve done to our country.

2)BTLers are getting smashed by the market?

Thanks

ST

you have to remeber that right up to the death someone can easily change the message of these types of show if leant on....

HOLA4422
PLEASE make sure you connect the present state of the economy with Brown's failure to keep house prices under control (see my sig for the quote).

Hank Paulson spoke yesterday and made it 100% clear that the mess we are in was due to HOUSE PRICES GETTING OUT OF CONTROL.

snip

He MAY not have meant what you think he means.

He MAY be saying the mess we are in is due to House prices getting out of control.... ie failing to control the FALLS.

He May be looking at the problem, like so many others, from the wrong end.

HOLA4423
you have to remeber that right up to the death someone can easily change the message of these types of show if leant on....

Right'o.

On a related note can anyone find out how many MPs have sold their BTL "investments" or

people farming units, since the begining of the crash?

ST

HOLA4424
HOLA4425