House Price Crash Forum

B B C Newsnight Scotland

HOLA441
HOLA442

Fab job FP. What did you say to the peroxide ice queen before you went on air? Or has she just been doing a little background reading on the site. I thought she may actually lose the plot at one point and throttle you with a non EU regulated cuke :lol: Loved the I didn't cause the crash muttered response - nicely low key comeback in the face of over the top and outraged hysteria. Quite fun to watch. She couldn't refute any of your points after all.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

Is this on iplayer yet? I can't find it.

Great, probably one of the most topical Scottish newsnights yet and they decide that this episode is not available online? Paranoid Scottish media must have nothing to do with this!!!

Edited by geed

HOLA447
Is this on iplayer yet? I can't find it.

Great, probably one of the most topical Scottish newsnights yet and they decide that this episode is not available online? Paranoid Scottish media must have nothing to do with this!!!

I can not find it either. The latest Newsnight Scotlant I can find is from Nov 20th. Anyone has a link for yesterday's?

Edited by Old_Traveller

HOLA448

I watched and enjoyed. I generally agreed with Jonathan Davis, as you might expect, but felt that his incredulity at what he was hearing from the VI Labour lady blunted his own message. His voice went a bit high-pitched and the heated debate threatened to reduce the whole thing to just another punch up.

Perhaps FP is so exasperated with the government not being straight with the people- fair enough- but nobody mentioned the global nature of the crisis. Robert Crawford was the only one to come out of it with dignity fully intact, not surprising given his actual life experience of bringing large foreign investors to Scotland.

I actually think the VAT cut will help ameliorate the recession, though obviously it will only help a little. Government debt interest costs are unlikely to soar in the near future IMHO because where else would you want to put your money?

I suspect the decade ahead will bring boring, rather miserable but not completely dramatic stagnation, just as in Japan or Germany. People will be grabbing for their slice of the pie, but no-one will be able to pretend that everyone is getting a fair chance.

HOLA449
HOLA4410

I recorded the whole programme via a WinTV gizmo. It's a huge datafile, whose transmission is not impossible but has presented some solvable challenges. I'm in contact with FP, who has been very patient with my technical inability to send the full .mpg file within a reasonable time.

I'm working on it. It's on its way to him, from the Heimat, one way or another.

Whichever solution works first, there will be an unedited file of the relevant studio discussion available for all quite soon, though it may take a day or two.

I'm not teasing when I say to HPCers that FP did well and that the clip really is a giggle for those of us contrarians who love to see VI/ZaNuLabour/Tory gobshite being politely, civilly, and accurately demolished in a couple of surgical strikes by someone who actually knows what the ****** he's talking about.

Watch this space; then watch the video; then judge for yourself.

HOLA4411
I recorded the whole programme via a WinTV gizmo. It's a huge datafile, whose transmission is not impossible but has presented some solvable challenges. I'm in contact with FP, who has been very patient with my technical inability to send the full .mpg file within a reasonable time.

I'm working on it. It's on its way to him, from the Heimat, one way or another.

Whichever solution works first, there will be an unedited file of the relevant studio discussion available for all quite soon, though it may take a day or two.

I'm not teasing when I say to HPCers that FP did well and that the clip really is a giggle for those of us contrarians who love to see VI/ZaNuLabour/Tory gobshite being politely, civilly, and accurately demolished in a couple of surgical strikes by someone who actually knows what the ****** he's talking about.

Watch this space; then watch the video; then judge for yourself.

Bjorn....good work. It will be appreciated

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

24 minutes and 36 seconds

Kelvin McKenzie "The idea that you can take pain out of an economy where you have over-borrowed, it's ludicrous"

Fantastic :lol::lol:

shortly followed by FP telling is AS IT IS, Baroness whatsertits educated response is that he is not optomistic

Edited by Umaguma

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
By the way FP, as a matter of vested interest, when do you reckon we will have high interest rates, couple of years?

LT rates will rise within weeks. They will be high within months. They will fall then rise consistently into 2010 and beyond. They will be very high by 2011. Just a view. On verra.

HOLA4418
LT rates will rise within weeks. They will be high within months. They will fall then rise consistently into 2010 and beyond. They will be very high by 2011. Just a view. On verra.

Thanks...

I think your right but didn't expect it that quick - gonna be interesting...

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

That was brilliant FP, well done and thanks again. Baroness Ford seems to be completely unknowledgeable and capable only of handwringing. Her position at RBC can only be down to her 'contacts' and 'access' in my view.

Nice getting a hat-tip from Kelvin Mackenzie about the crash.

you'll learn 'em..

EDIT: I liked the explosion of the Scottish housing market myth.

Edited by cheeznbreed

HOLA4424
HOLA4425