House Price Crash Forum

Auction - Barnard Marcus - 289 Lots

tommyboy

HOLA441

Live Auction

| Barnard Marcus LiveLink | Barnard Marcus Order of Sale | Lot 1 Details with Next to Lot 2 etc |

Today's auction from Barnard Marcus has 289 lots going under the hammer.

If you have local knowledge about any of the lots please post onto the thread - It's the local information that gives us the stories behind the figures.

Today's Live Auctionfrom: Barnard Marcus Auction 10/11/2008 All LiveLink information and live data feeds are provided by EI Group

Summary of todays auction

Looks like we are well into 2002 teritory, with some losses from 2001, taking inflation into account today has been absolute carnage.

Total sold properties: 114

Total unsold properties: 74

Total no bids: 0

Total sold prior properties: 0

Total withdrawn properties: 3

Total sold properties with price paid info: 70

Total sold / unsold properties with pricepaid info: 103

Total sales (sold properties): £10,553,500

Total sales (all properties based on highest bid): £20,096,000

Total profit loss (only sold properties with price paid info) : -£3,191,581 (-32.9%)

Total profit loss (all properties based on highest bid with price paid info) : -£4,120,116 (-29%)

so actual losses, owch!!!

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

lots 169, 238 and 259 I know well.

169 first hit the market a while ago at 89k if i remember right, then 69k. Brisbane court is a late 60's shopping precinct, ground floor shops, flats above. The photo is from the back of the flat, thats where the druggies and pissheads will be lurking in the garages. To be fair the housing estate around brisbane court is quite respectable though, again mid to late sixties 3 bed semi's,mix of houses and bungalows, good size gardens, some corner plots have built on theirs. All in all the area is fine, Brisbane Court flats is the problem.

238. Fifteen minutes walk to the town centre, it's yer typical new build, and built next to probably the roughest estate in Newark, being Yorke Drive. Keep it.

259. Probably the best out of the three in my old stomping ground. On the main drag through town, Morrissons two minutes walk, town centre the same, historic castle and gardens by the river Trent which are nice in the 'summer' are only a few hundred yards away ( don't think its ever flooded there which would be my only concern), quality resteraunts and bars close by. Think this is someone who has run out of cash to complete the refurb works. Looking at the photos that are/were on rightmove its only a few grand off finishing.

Edited by scoobydo

HOLA445
Live Auction

| Barnard Marcus LiveLink | Barnard Marcus Order of Sale | Lot 1 Details with Next to Lot 2 etc |

Today's auction from Barnard Marcus has 289 lots going under the hammer.

If you have local knowledge about any of the lots please post onto the thread - It's the local information that gives us the stories behind the figures.

Today's Live Auctionfrom: Barnard Marcus Auction 10/11/2008 All LiveLink information and live data feeds are provided by EI Group

View summary of this auction

I know the area on lots 152, 153, 154, 155......It used to belong to a council farm when I lived there several years ago. Surprised its had to go to auction to be sold as I know the ground is very good there and thought it would of been snapped up by some local especially as there is one house right next to the 8 acre plot with a gateway to it right by the side of the house. The only downside is its right next to the M5 so you are getting the constant drone (it used to keep me awake 30 years ago so dread to think what its like now).

Thanks for all your hard work on keeping us up to date on these auctions Tommyboy, much appreciated.

HOLA446
HOLA447

Lot 3 ( Guide Price: 220 Plus )

Vendor: Barnard Marcus

Address: Flat 10, Birchfield House, Birchfield Street, Limehouse, London, E14

The description from the Barnard Marcus website is: Leasehold 1st Floor Self-Contained Flat 4 Room(s) Vacant © Barnard Marcus

Map: Click Here

Last Sold Price: No data found for this property - Click here to search

Auction Result: Sold ( Highest Bid was: £201,000 )

It is not possible to calculate the profit / loss upon sale as Last Sale Price is unknown.

Any inaccuracies, errors or suggestions for improvements to the reports, please PM me

View this auction Live

View summary of this lot

HOLA448

Lot 13 ( Guide Price: 70 Plus )

Address: 113 Shrewsbury Lane, Plumstead, London, SE18

The description from the Barnard Marcus website is: Leasehold 2nd Floor Self-Contained Flat Three Room(s) Communal Gardens Vacant © Barnard Marcus

Auction Result: Sold ( Highest Bid was: £86,000 )

It is not possible to calculate the profit / loss upon sale as Last Sale Price is unknown.

Any inaccuracies, errors or suggestions for improvements to the reports, please PM me

View this auction Live

View summary of this lot

HOLA449

Lot 14 ( Guide Price: 80 Plus )

Address: Flat 2, 2A New Close, Colliers Wood, London, SW19

The description from the Barnard Marcus website is: Leasehold 1st Floor Self-Contained Flat Two Room(s) Vacant © Barnard Marcus

Auction Result: Unsold ( Highest Bid was: £84,500 )

View this auction Live

View summary of this lot

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
Lot 14 ( Guide Price: 80 Plus )

Address: Flat 2, 2A New Close, Colliers Wood, London, SW19

The description from the Barnard Marcus website is: Leasehold 1st Floor Self-Contained Flat Two Room(s) Vacant © Barnard Marcus

Auction Result: Unsold ( Highest Bid was: £84,500 )

Sold for 150K in 2004....

11/06/2004 £150,000 Flat L Yes Map 2a, Flat 2, New Close, Merton, London, Greater London, SW19 2SY

HOLA4412

Lot 32 ( Guide Price: 150 )

Address: Land off New Road, Timsbury, Romsey, Hampshire, SO51

The description from the Barnard Marcus website is: Freehold Agricultural Land 15.87 Acre Let © Barnard Marcus

Auction Result: Unsold ( Highest Bid was: £145,000 )

View this auction Live

View summary of this lot

HOLA4413

Lot 33 ( Guide Price: 233 Plus )

Address: Site at Samuel Street, Woolwich, London, SE18

The description from the Barnard Marcus website is: Freehold Site 0.15 Acre Development Potential Vacant © Barnard Marcus

Auction Result: Unsold ( Highest Bid was: £246,000 )

View this auction Live

View summary of this lot

HOLA4414

Lot 34 ( Guide Price: 400 Plus )

Address: Site at Harvey Gardens, Charlton, London, SE7

The description from the Barnard Marcus website is: Freehold Former Residential Site 0.59 Acre Development Potential Vacant © Barnard Marcus

Auction Result: Sold ( Highest Bid was: £444,000 )

View this auction Live

View summary of this lot

HOLA4415

Lot 35 ( Guide Price: 285 )

Address: 18 Weltje Road, Hammersmith, London, W6

The description from the Barnard Marcus website is: Leasehold Ground / Lower Ground Floor Self-Contained Flat 4 Room(s) Garden Vacant © Barnard Marcus

Last Sold Price: £425,000 on 18/09/2006

Auction Result: Sold ( Highest Bid was: £336,000 )

Today's auction price results in a Loss of £89,000 ( 20.9% ) since purchase on 18/09/2006.

View this auction Live

View summary of this lot

HOLA4416

Lot 36 ( Guide Price: 14 )

Address: Canema, 9A Green Court Road, Swanley, Kent, BR8

The description from the Barnard Marcus website is: Freehold Ground Rent on 5 Self-Contained Flat © Barnard Marcus

Auction Result: Sold ( Highest Bid was: £18,000 )

View this auction Live

View summary of this lot

HOLA4417

Lot 37 ( Guide Price: No Reserve )

Address: Land at Mayfield Close, Hersham, Walton-on-Thames, Surrey, KT12

The description from the Barnard Marcus website is: Freehold Three Parcels of Land 1250 Square Feet Development Potential Vacant © Barnard Marcus

Auction Result: Sold ( Highest Bid was: £1,750 )

View this auction Live

View summary of this lot

HOLA4418

Lot 38 ( Guide Price: 38 )

Address: Garages I, J, K, L, N, O & P, Cornmow Drive, Dudden Hill, London, NW10

The description from the Barnard Marcus website is: Freehold 7 Garage/s Let © Barnard Marcus

Auction Result: Sold ( Highest Bid was: £49,000 )

View this auction Live

View summary of this lot

HOLA4419
Lot 35 ( Guide Price: 285 )

Address: 18 Weltje Road, Hammersmith, London, W6

The description from the Barnard Marcus website is: Leasehold Ground / Lower Ground Floor Self-Contained Flat 4 Room(s) Garden Vacant © Barnard Marcus

Last Sold Price: £425,000 on 18/09/2006

Auction Result: Sold ( Highest Bid was: £336,000 )

Today's auction price results in a Loss of £89,000 ( 20.9% ) since purchase on 18/09/2006.

Actually, this is possibly Flat 1, not Flat 3, which makes an ever bigger loss

28/07/2006 £475,000 Flat L No Map 18, Flat 1, Weltje Road, Hammersmith And Fulham, London, Greater London, W6 9TG

loss - £139,000

HOLA4420

Lot 39 ( Guide Price: 140 )

Address: Talbot Court, Blackbird Hill, Kingsbury, London, NW9

The description from the Barnard Marcus website is: Freehold Ground Rent on 18 Flat © Barnard Marcus

Auction Result: Sold ( Highest Bid was: £150,000 )

View this auction Live

View summary of this lot

HOLA4421

Lot 40 ( Guide Price: 115 Plus )

Address: Unit 2, Thorpe Court, 864 Garratt Lane, Tooting, London, SW17

The description from the Barnard Marcus website is: Freehold Three Terrace Commercial Unit/s / Workshop Let © Barnard Marcus

Auction Result: Unsold ( Highest Bid was: £113,000 )

View this auction Live

View summary of this lot

HOLA4422

Lot 41 ( Guide Price: 260 Plus )

Address: 29 Stephendale Road, Fulham, London, SW6

The description from the Barnard Marcus website is: Freehold Terrace House Two Floor Arranged As Two Self-Contained Flat Ground Floor Two Room(s) & Basement Studio Flat Vacant Ground Rent on 1st Floor © Barnard Marcus

Auction Result: Unsold ( Highest Bid was: £285,000 )

View this auction Live

View summary of this lot

HOLA4423

Lot 42 ( Guide Price: 125 Plus )

Address: Land at Huge Farm, Bellingdon, Chesham, Buckinghamshire, HP5

The description from the Barnard Marcus website is: Freehold Agricultural Paddock Land 10.8 Acre Vacant © Barnard Marcus

Auction Result: Unsold ( Highest Bid was: £134,000 )

View this auction Live

View summary of this lot

HOLA4424

Lot 43 ( Guide Price: 150 Plus )

Address: Flat 4, Ravensbourne House, Broadley Street, St Johns Wood, London, NW8

The description from the Barnard Marcus website is: Leasehold Ground Floor Purpose Built Self-Contained Flat One Room(s) Vacant © Barnard Marcus

Auction Result: Unsold ( Highest Bid was: £145,000 )

View this auction Live

View summary of this lot

HOLA4425

Lot 44 ( Guide Price: 65 Plus )

Address: 32 Empire Court, North End Road, Wembley, Middlesex, HA9

The description from the Barnard Marcus website is: Leasehold 1st Floor Self-Contained Flat Three Room(s) Communal Gardens Parking Space Vacant © Barnard Marcus

Last Sold Price: £202,000 on 25/06/2002

Auction Result: Unsold ( Highest Bid was: £60,000 )

Today's auction price results in a Loss of £142,000 ( 70.3% ) since purchase on 25/06/2002.

View this auction Live

View summary of this lot