House Price Crash Forum

Why Do We Care So Much About Money/ftse/house Prices When...

Barb E Dahl

HOLA441

I just saw a report on Sky news and have read numerous articles over the past few days, about what is happening over there.

I feel sickened that innocent children are starving to death in this world while Gordon Browns primary concern (as it is with many world leaders) is the economy. Yes, I know the economy is important, but it's not like we don't have a roof over our heads or food on our tables!

How can this be right? Why in this day and age is the world still such a callous place?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
I just saw a report on Sky news and have read numerous articles over the past few days, about what is happening over there.

I feel sickened that innocent children are starving to death in this world while Gordon Browns primary concern (as it is with many world leaders) is the economy. Yes, I know the economy is important, but it's not like we don't have a roof over our heads or food on our tables!

How can this be right? Why in this day and age is the world still such a callous place?

Plenty of kids starving and abused with no roof over their heads or food on tables in the United Kingdom as well. I am always donating cash to childrens charities and it helps me feel better about myself.

More people should try it.

HOLA444
HOLA445

Spot on, very sad and selfish

HOLA446
HOLA447

Because they arn't OUR "innocent babies & children".

Give it 6 months and it will be.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
Guest KingCharles1st

Unfortunately this is where the "NWO" thing sooo badly trips up.

NWO is about resource and monetary control, and precious little to do with humanitarian concept.

HOLA4412

Because the crisis is caused by greedy, lying, unelected, asset stealing, corrupt, self-serving politicians. And the same in Zimbabwe

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

And ironically if Zimbabwe paid more attention to their economy and politicians

the children would be in a much better position.

HOLA4415

Because Bob Geldof takes care of that kind of thing for us?

Seriously if you don't look after yourself then how can you take care of others?

HOLA4416

Psychologically, we can't help but selectively construct our own mental world:

Try to imagine how many events of emotional significance occur in the world in the course of 24 hours:

Countless causes for joy - at 3:05PM a healthy baby was born in Alaska

Countless causes for optimism - at 11:45AM a divorcing couple amicably finalised custody arrangements in Bulgaria

Countless causes for anxiety - at 8:32AM a coughing poultry worker boarded a plane for the UK

Countless causes for anger - at 2:22PM a factory worker in China was unfairly dismissed

Now think of the other 6 billion people in the world. Something joyful, or reassurring, or ominous, or unjust... (etc) has probably happened to each one of us today.

How could a single organism react with genuine emotion to all of these events?

Right or wrong, it is unavoidable that we have to choose which events we invest emotional significance in.

HOLA4417

For once I could understand and agree with Injin! Brown has been doing well for the poor of the world, got a lot of debt written off if you remember. Zimbabwe is a policy nightmare for the West because the rest of Africa, especially South Africa, have said that they can sort it and do not want any intervention. Plausible nutters are a problem in world politics.

HOLA4418

There's not much we can do about the situation in Zimbabwe unless we invade the place, which would be an absurd notion and probably just make things much, much worse.

There's not much we can do about the deteriorating economy either, but it's happening to us, not just to someone else in another land.

It's better to concentrate help in parts of Africa where it is 1) possible and 2) has a real benefit, even if it's only temporary.

HOLA4419

Because it if you dont feel it it hasn't happened.

HOLA4420

As the second poster says, we can't do anything about it.

Even if we could wade in to Africa, kick loads of arses and set up every African Country with a viable democracy it would be totally pointless because, the fact of the matter is, that within 6 months the Africans would have f*cked it all up again and would be killing each other in the streets over petty tribal arguments. Africans die in large numbers because other Africans either cause it or allow it to happen. Whichever tribe or ethnic group is currently being wiped out by it's neighbour today would be doing exactly the same its self tomorrow given the opportunity.

This is Africa, and Africans, I'm afraid.

HOLA4421
They wanted independence & they got it. It's not my fault they do this to themselves ... it's their fault.

Exactly.

They created their own mess, now let them sort it out themselves.

25 years ago Zimbabwe produced more food than it could consume AND export. It didn't take long for the current leaders to completely destroy the country, bringing the place to it's knees.

HOLA4422

It is all so frustrating.

Can you name any politicians or people with power who are actually good people? I can't think of one.

Too much apathy, greed, selfishness.

All world problems such as hunger, disease and poverty could be dealt with from a few strokes of a pen.

But 'our representatives' lack moral conviction and balls. Their noses are in the trough and while bending over too feed get shafted from behind willingly.

It really is the fault of the politicians of powerful nations. They are utterly useless. None of them actually do much good for humanity.

If I were a visiting alien, I would exterminate the lot, all politicians, billionaires, pimps, slave traders, anyone who fcuks over other people, - but who'd make the decisions of people then? Religious leaders? Do-gooder groups? you, me?

I do bet that there s a better way than what we got now, whatever that may/will be.

HOLA4423

We should force the bankers to repay their bonuses and give it to the starving kids of the world, as they are much more deserving of £50billion than the greedy corporate companies.

Any bonuses that can't be paid back immediately will have to be paid back throuh voluntary work at a wage equivalent to a zimbabweans.

HOLA4424

Actually Zimbabwe is a perfect example of why you should care about the state and stability of your own economy.

Rhodesia was one of the wealthiest countries in Africa, under idiotic political leadership it's economy, values and just about everything else has been trashed.

If you care about what has happened to the people of Zimbabwe and don't want the same thing here perhaps you should become more politically active? :blink:

HOLA4425

Original Poster, I have been to Zimbabwe. In case you arent aware us evil ****** Brits went over there in the 1800's, when they first arrived the locals had never seen wheeled transport. From a barren empty bush we created Rhodesia we replicated what we knew from back home and by WW2 it was a thriving agricultural economy. After WW2 many working class war veterans went over to start afresh and bolstered ****** numbers. In the following 30 yrs we built Dams, Skyscrapers, Motorways, Trains and the farmers were so good it became the breadbasket of Africa and its Tobacco brought in large amounts of foreign currency. Then the international left got there sticky fingers in and helped their comrade Mugabe wage a war against the evil ******. Whether it was lefty Peter Hain types at our Unis, Commie Harold Wilson or the Soviet Union all were supporting Mugabe against a WW2 spitfire Rhodesian pilot Iain Smith and 280,000 of our finest.

So they got their wish in 1980 Rhodesia became Zimbabwe. Comrade Bob was soon massacring other ethnic groups and many of the British and European ancestry residents upped sticks and left to go to Oz, UK etc. The slippery slope speeded up as they threw off the last white farmers from their farms. Decades of work ruined and the idiots turned them into dustbowls. Now the place which had the highest level of health and education for the native population during white rule in the whole of Africa has become a place where the average life expectancy is about 33!!!!

So if your looking to someone to blame and feel guilty for little children in Zimbabwe starving I suggest you blame lefties, the politically correct and marxists/communists. The Zimbabweans made their bed and know they're lying in it. Theres misery all over the world and our little Island should not poke its nose in, its up to them to sort it out. And one other thing WHILE ON THE SUBJECT OF FOREIGN AID....

WHY HAS GORDON BROWN GIVEN £825 MILLION OF OUR TAXES TO INDIA WHEN THEY HAVE NUCLEAR WEAPONS AND JUST LAUNCHED A SPACE PROGRAMME!!!!

Traitor.

Archived