#271 bimyo

bimyo

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 06:32 PM

[quote name='Fishman' date='Sep 23 2008, 01:47 PM' post='1333551']
But will you still be celebrating when you, or family members, sign on the dole ?

When the baillifs come knocking will you be offering them a glass of bubbly ?
"Come on in, isnt' this fantastic - have a flute"

Fishman,

have you thought through how a rampant HPI credit bubble got us into this? HPC is coming far too late but is part of some kind of bid for sanity and to avoid exactly all the scary sh1t you talk about. There is an ethics to HPC, whether the posters are left or right. Coming back to the UK after eight years in 2006 to a country where all forms of social care or good sense were bent out of shape to meet property speculation, no industry and little culture just everyone sprinting to the cliff-edge crush the subhuman renters in the rush pwoperty pwoperty pwoperty redevelopment redevelopment blinkers on eyes down for a full house, I'll go a long way to try to stop society from getting that morally bankrupt again. HPI was the disease; BTL-for-all was the most sickening symptom; HPC is part of the cure. Soon as Ajay or whatever his name is is sleeping in the gutter in a cardboard box I'll be there on the pavement with pompoms leading the cheer, even if I am surrounded on that street by 'desperadoes' (?). Schadenfreude or whatever, I agree with you that there is a vicious streak in some posts, but I'd just like the land of my birth not to be quite so determinedly idiotic and retarded and unequal-under-the-rhetoric-of-equality and suicidal and awful, and I celebrate the purgative changes. There are decent reasons for some of us seeing FP and other Vets on here as champions.

#272 renterbob

renterbob

HPC Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,425 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 06:35 PM

Just like you haven't disclosed your VI.

Maybe an Estate agent?

Letting agent?

Secret agent?

Insurance agent?

According to Brown this evening, there's going to be 1 million new jobs.

I think they'll be 4 million (+2 million disabled) in the first 18 months, then a 4% increase month on month for the following two years.

Edited by renterbob, 23 September 2008 - 06:38 PM.

'I was convinced that the shere size of the global housing bubble would bring everything down when it collapsed and that we would end up in a very severe recession.'
'I have long held that the HPC would see at east 50% off house prices. I recently revised this to 60%. Why so dramatic? Again, another no-brainer'
RealistBear Oct 24, 2008

#273 Little Professor

Little Professor

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,710 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 07:06 PM

Just seen this - great stuff FP! Strange to see you presenting a programme rather than just appearing as a pundit. Great job. ;)

#274 Sour Mash

Sour Mash

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,905 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 07:08 PM

For anyone pissed off trying to get this from the ITV site (kept freezing in Internet Explorer, didn't seem to work very well with Firefox either) or any of the other links, here's the Usenet NZB fir it.

(If you know about Usenet, you'll know what to do. Otherwise, don't bother with it)

Attached Files

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

#275 Lucky Jim

Lucky Jim

HPC Newbie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 07:16 PM

Just like you haven't disclosed your VI.

I declared my VI in my first post - I'm a BTR Bear. I sold at the top - hence the name.

#276 Tucksy

Tucksy

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 08:43 PM

I'm not sure whether anyone has put this on YouTube yet but I put it on my channel just in case.

[Sorry about the audio glitches but it's down to way the DVD recorder generates the recording!]

Please rate if you have a YT account...

Thanks and enjoy!
Regards,
Tucksy
'Not so much a ladder, more a pyramid'

'A shortage of affordable housing or surplus of unaffordable housing?'

#277 renterbob

renterbob

HPC Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,425 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 09:06 PM

I'm not sure whether anyone has put this on YouTube yet but I put it on my channel just in case.

[Sorry about the audio glitches but it's down to way the DVD recorder generates the recording!]

Thanks and enjoy!
Regards,
Tucksy

Great work Tucksy...a 5 star vote from me and I watched it last evening.
'I was convinced that the shere size of the global housing bubble would bring everything down when it collapsed and that we would end up in a very severe recession.'
'I have long held that the HPC would see at east 50% off house prices. I recently revised this to 60%. Why so dramatic? Again, another no-brainer'
RealistBear Oct 24, 2008

#278 Mish Mash

Mish Mash

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 804 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 12:56 AM

"I've been forecasting for the past 2 or 3 years that house prices were going to crash".

At little bit of historical revisionism going on there. Or was FP a bull when he joined this site in 2004?

#279 Tucksy

Tucksy

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 03:19 AM

EDIT: Just bumping this one as I've now changed the title on YouTube to try to increase the views and 'provoke debate'. ;)

New title is: 'UK HOUSE PRICES TO FALL 50% BY 2011? [22-9-08]'

Thanks to those who've already viewed and rated and please keep them coming as the higher the viewing and comment ratings, the more exposure it will likely get.
Best regards, Tucksy

Thanks and enjoy!
Regards,
Tucksy

'Not so much a ladder, more a pyramid'

'A shortage of affordable housing or surplus of unaffordable housing?'

#280 House Or Home

House Or Home

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 05:37 AM

FP well done, is Merryn S-W as much of a fox in real life as she looks on TV and in photos?

#281 renterbob

renterbob

HPC Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,425 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 06:36 AM

FP well done, is Merryn S-W as much of a fox in real life as she looks on TV and in photos?

I do feel sorry for Rosie though.

£450k to £325k and still no buyer.

Edited by renterbob, 24 September 2008 - 06:37 AM.

RealistBear Oct 24, 2008

#282 Guest_AuntJess_*

Guest_AuntJess_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 September 2008 - 08:03 AM

Sure enough, whenever someone has the guts to stick their head up over the parapet, some clowns are all too happy to shoot at it. <_<

Personally I think FP has a lot of guts: He has stuck to his guns for yonks now, often being the only dissenting, sane voice in all this madness, yet still he kept his head and his stance.

I say well done to him, his appearance on TV was dignified: what he said, necessary for those who STILL have their bloody heads in the sand of Greed.

#283 Speak&Spell

Speak&Spell

HPC Poster

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 08:17 AM

I find the predictions on unemployment pretty damn scary. So fishman I get your point, it will cause misery for a lot of people. However the news on house prices is great! I really really hope we get more than 30% drops. That'd be cool. Great program. The more we have of this on mainstram tele the better!

#284 OzzMosiz

OzzMosiz

Work to live, don't live to work

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 08:26 AM

"I've been forecasting for the past 2 or 3 years that house prices were going to crash".

At little bit of historical revisionism going on there. Or was FP a bull when he joined this site in 2004?

I joined this site in 2005, but didn't expect it to crash the moment I joined!
WRITE TO YOUR MP @ http://www.writetothem.com/

There are 10^11 stars in the galaxy. That used to be a huge number. But it's only a hundred billion. It's less than the national deficit! We used to call them astronomical numbers. Now we should call them economical numbers.

~ Richard Feynman (1918 to 1988)

#285 eastleighfan

eastleighfan

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 04:20 PM

Sorry to be boring , but this was another top notch performance , HP
When are you on again ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users