House Price Crash Forum

B B C Radio London 94.9 10.08.08

HOLA441
Just read this entire thread. What is it with Brits, success and beaches? I live by a lovely beach and I'm property poor. You don't need to be a success in property gambling to go to one. Success should not be measured by how often you go to the beach. Once you get there and have a swim etc, it gets boring, anyway.

Hence my mention of the Amway MLM scam - paid-up Ambots use the cliche of "walking the beaches of the world" after they Go Diamond! (yeah, right, 99.999% of them end up bankrupt, in a house full of overpriced Amway products and surrounded by piles of rip-off "motivational" tapes and books)

EDIT: grammar

Edited by dryrot

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
Oh dear. Discussing things on internet forums is a little like arguing with a bunch of 5 year olds. I've had a bit of free time but now I'm going to be busy again so no more posts for me to entertain you.

The site has dangerous advice but its not for me to rally and show the truth. The worst I've found is FPlanner - STR in 2002 and now an expert on the housing market. Please FP - you have no place to be commenting on an industry you know nothing about. Your a complete farce with no credibility.

Others here with over 5000 posts , Firstly stop posting and join the real human world. Secondly it does not make you wise to have a lot of posts. I see no advice worth following on here. Most big posters are I suspect also angry and old. One who's name escapes me (Elizabeth is it) blaming the rising market on her not being able to buy a house. She then admits she's 55 years old. Think that shows what an ar*e she is.

I'll be off to the beach, bricking it :rolleyes: I don't think ! Enjoy your rented accommodation and your sad 9-5 lives. x

Your keenness to tell about your lifestyle (and being so defensive about it too) is such that I suspect you are spouting a make-believe version of your life, Happy Teaboy. You sound like a "big time charlie" of the champagne taste - beer money sort who buys a rubbish maisonette on the Costa Blanca and suddenly thinks they are "jet set".

If you want to make it personal to the OP, why not post your company's website so we can verify what a "success" you are for ourselves?

Oh no, of course you won't. But you feel able to comment on an uninformed basis about why someone else might want to rent in 2002. That reeks of shallow self-esteem. Cheer up, girl, not all your friends talk about you behind your back. :lol:

HOLA443
Your keenness to tell about your lifestyle (and being so defensive about it too) is such that I suspect you are spouting a make-believe version of your life, Happy Teaboy. You sound like a "big time charlie" of the champagne taste - beer money sort who buys a rubbish maisonette on the Costa Blanca and suddenly thinks they are "jet set".

If you want to make it personal to the OP, why not post your company's website so we can verify what a "success" you are for ourselves?

Oh no, of course you won't. But you feel able to comment on an uninformed basis about why someone else might want to rent in 2002. That reeks of shallow self-esteem. Cheer up, girl, not all your friends talk about you behind your back. :lol:

:unsure:

HOLA444

But you feel able to comment on an uninformed basis about why someone else might want to rent in 2002. That reeks of shallow self-esteem. Cheer up, girl, not all your friends talk about you behind your back. :lol:

Because they sold out in 2002 hoping to profit from the market. That was a sh*ite decision. I challenge strongly on it as FP is now in the media as a housing expert dishing out more advice. He needs 2002 prices to undo his decision. Your decision to follow that man though.

and now for the personal bit - you big twa* !

HOLA445
But you feel able to comment on an uninformed basis about why someone else might want to rent in 2002. That reeks of shallow self-esteem. Cheer up, girl, not all your friends talk about you behind your back. :lol:

Because they sold out in 2002 hoping to profit from the market. That was a sh*ite decision. I challenge strongly on it as FP is now in the media as a housing expert dishing out more advice. He needs 2002 prices to undo his decision. Your decision to follow that man though.

and now for the personal bit - you big twa* !

Oh honestly - grow-up:

1. You aren't talking about 'Financial Planning' you are really talking about gambling on how stupid the market could possibly get. And nobody, but nobody knows the top of the market. If you are 'feeling lucky punk', by all means take the risk that you will know well enough in time to get out.

2. If I had made a packet by 2002 on the housing market I would be no less a 'financial expert' for cashing in, perhaps liberating some cash + investing in something safer or more productive or easier to move around and so on. It would not only depend on my tolerance/aversion to risk but also my personal circumstances and needs.

3. More important than the bull/bear divide is the division between those who believe the market went totally irrational (eg BoE, IMF etc) and those who (still?) believe that it was totally rational (eg many utter morons who made huge profits + many clever but unwise investors who are presently totally screwed) Which side are you ? And - now think about this carefully - if you had an independent financial adviser, which side would you want him/her to be on ?

HOLA446
  • 1 month later...
HOLA447
Hey FP! Keep on truckin' mate -- keep up the EXCELLENT work - Someone PREPARED to stand tall and tell it as it is........ All good luck to you mate!

One thing, FP: -- Some may think I am obsessed about Liar Loans/Mortgage Fraud - and they'd be right. So what?! :P:D

Anyway -- What is your line on Liar Loans? What do you think should be done to stop them?

PLUS -- The MOST IMPORTANT thing to remember about Liar Loans, imo, is that THEY SKEW THE MARKET "PRICE" upwards - EVEN IF ONLY SOME PEOPLE USE THEM:

i.e. Wherever a Liar Loan is taken out to make a purchase - be it a village, a street, a town, a city etc. -- IT HAS A PROFOUND EFFECT ON THE LOCAL MARKET --

BECAUSE - AS THE EAs USE LOCAL PRICES RECENTLY PAID FOR PROPERTIES AS A COMPARISON WHEN THEY RE-SET ALL THE LOCAL PRICES -- AND -- WHEN Mr Lying-Cheat comes along to ANY given locality and USES his DISHONESTLY OBTAINED [Liar] Loan -- and pays OVER THE ODDS FOR THAT PROPERTY. THEN - OVERNIGHT -- THAT "PRICE" HE PAYS BECOMES THE NORM -- AND EVERYONE ELSE HAS TO MATCH THIS PRICE TO BUY LOCALLY AND FURTHER AFAR!.........

THIS IS THE SECRET WEAPON THE HYPERS, FRAUDSTERS AND VI's HAVE BEEN USING FOR THE LAST 7-9 YEARS+..........

THIS IS ONE HUGE REASON FOR MASSIVE HYPES IN HOUSE "PRICES"..............

I admit it is not the ONLY reason for HPI -- but it is a VERY MAJOR DRIVER of HPI........... No?

Your views FP? Would you be prepared to try and get a discussion about this on air?

If anyone has watched this --- http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=...75&hl=en-GB

and this -- http://video.news.sky.com/skynews/video/?&...270508_0900.flv

AND WOW!!!!!!! THE IMPLICATIONS ARE SEISMIC!!!!!!!! WHY IS THIS STILL GOING ON!?!?!?

Post from back in the Summer -- still holds true......

Edited by eric pebble

• 2 months later...
HOLA448

Or if your lugging others around, you could always get a SUV Rentals. It really is up to you. I found this wonderful site that helped me when I was traveling. It allowed me to book all of my rental cars, for each of my different locations. When I wanted to book Avis Car Rentals it was simple. I was also looking for Budget Car Rentals and was able to get the car I wanted. A buddy rented a car from