Bearfacts

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 08:00 PM

Linky : http://www.bbc.co.uk...od/london.shtml

FPs piece is about 1:20 in.

Well done FP - usual calm assured and obviously well informed self ... think Kath must have a few BTLs stashed away juging by her reaction !

Think you may be in demand tommorow - if Halifax have finished spinning the data that is !

#17 Sheer Heart Attack

Sheer Heart Attack

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 08:28 PM

FP, I applaud you yet again.

You made your points well and saliently. I think we can all agree that your media performances are getting a lot more polished - not bad for a fellow who had the spotlight thrust on him.

I have a suggestion, though. You have the intellect and the insight to whip the arses of the VIs, however sometimes your delivery is a little "stuttery".

I know it's not directly comparable, but I used to work in telesales many moons ago. We got a list of "objections" from our trainers - what to say when asked a question by a potential customer. You have them written down to start off with but very quickly, you remember them and reel them off with ease and confidence.

I hope you'll take that as a well-intentioned and constructive suggestion as I think you are doing us proud - considering you're doing it gratis on all our behalves.

HM GOVT AND MY SMALL BUSINESS

Our little family business will turn over £1.7m this year. We'll have to collect, store and transfer £240,000 in VAT.

We have to pay £35,000 in business rates to the council for having an office. The council are currently advertising a vacant for a social media strategist on £37,000 a year - what a bunch of wasteful tosspots.

Our wage bill is around £1,050,000 - we employ 32 people. We have to pay nearly £115,000 in National Insurance Employer's Contributions for the privilege of giving our people work. This would employ at least three more people.

We're taxed before we make a sale. Then we're taxed on the little bit of money we make.

Employment law is a minefield - we pay over £2,000 a year to solicitors just in case we get caught up on some obscure, unfair law. Then there's everything else on top of that.

Running a business - I take the risk. The Government gets the rewards.

#18 tuggybear

tuggybear

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 09:31 PM

I have followed all your TV and radio appearances. You’re a true voice to economics’ fundamentals and the House Price Crash web site.
Another fantastic performance FP.

BRAVO

#19 Concrete Jungle

Concrete Jungle

HPC Senior Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,178 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 09:44 PM

Beer Pit sounds good :lol: A good interview again FP!

#20 macfarlan

macfarlan

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 09:15 AM

Linky : http://www.bbc.co.uk...od/london.shtml

FPs piece is about 1:20 in.

Well done FP - usual calm assured and obviously well informed self ... think Kath must have a few BTLs stashed away juging by her reaction !

Think you may be in demand tommorow - if Halifax have finished spinning the data that is !

Thanks Bear facts.

Good interview FP.

They were a little too focussed on how bad it is now, not how bad it's gonna get, think you woke them up a bit. Looking forward to your return to the show.

#21 mr_smith

mr_smith

HPC Newbie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 09:36 AM

i just get the live stream from the link posted which is phelps rabbiting on about potty training at the moment. am i missing something? which show is it on the listen again link.

also did that scottish newsnight appearance ever get posted to youtube?

#22 macfarlan

macfarlan

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 10:22 AM

i just get the live stream from the link posted which is phelps rabbiting on about potty training at the moment. am i missing something? which show is it on the listen again link.

Click on the drive time link for tuesday, then fast forward to around 1hr 20mins.

Don't know about the newsnight thing.

#23 Austin Allegro

Austin Allegro

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,943 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 11:55 AM

It was good but I nearly missed it, as when I tuned in it was some chav twaddle about primary schools and high blood pressure...I thought I was listening to the 'Down the Line' spoof...
Why treat those who call themselves atheists as enemies? Why not simply say to them: ‘We have no quarrel. The “God” whose existence you deny you do well to deny. It is an object among other objects and I deny it also. The necessary ground of all rational thought, on which you and I both depend to make sensible statements, that is what I mean by God.’ Rev Anthony Freeman

#24 Killer Bunny

Killer Bunny

Twitterati

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,779 posts
  • About Me:I love - love I tell you - Twitter

Posted 09 July 2008 - 12:52 PM

See HPC in the Media section

In 1931 they did not know yet that they were in The Great Depression
Cap'n, you cannae change the laws of... Economics!
"If they raise rates we're toast. If they don't its BECAUSE we're toast" Pundit: Sky News March 2011
"That which is unsustainable will not sustain" Milton Friedman

#25 eastleighfan

eastleighfan

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 01:28 PM

Sorry to be boring , but FP
You were superb again . You gave straight answers ,and didn't avoid any questions .
When can we hear you again ??

#26 Harry Monk

Harry Monk

The Official HPC Paraffin Lamp

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,556 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 08:37 PM

Another excellent interview Jonathon.

In fairness Gordon Brown came across as pretty honest and I always prefer it when you tear apart a snake-oil salesman like in the Radio Solent interview a few months ago... I guess folk like him are a pretty extinct breed now.
.........................................................................................................................................................................
"Every war when it comes, or before it comes, is represented not as a war but as an act of self-defence against a homicidal maniac." -George Orwell.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users