House Price Crash Forum

Englands Most Depressing Towns

dogbox

HOLA441
Christchurch is not a dump, it is quite a very place. The warehouse logistics hub is called Crick, I believe it is one large Eddie Stobart depot.

Christchurch town centre is a grotty little open air arcade and a high st with Fish & Chip restaurants full of the blue rinse pensioners.

The rail freight terminal is near Crick. I was referring to Daventry itself which still has masses of distribution square footage.

Did you know Weston has 10 % of Britains drug rehab beds ?

I didn't know that, but it doesn't surprise me. There's always so many shouty bald blokes you could mistake it for an episode of Masterchef.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
I'll go for:

Southampton

Crawley

Scunthorpe

Biggleswade

Hatfield

Portsmouth

Haywards Heath

London

Weymouth

Berwick

I dont mind Weymouth that much.. Its pretty nice during the summer..It has a bit of violence (It was shown on a Sky program about Britain's Toughest Seaside Towns).. Although they keep on ejaculating over the fact that they will have Olympic events down there... the bypass will certainly help..the traffic is appalling going in..

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

Wrexham

anywhere on Deeside eg. Holywell

Rhyl

Leigh Park / Havant

Bognor Regis

Birmingham

I went to Gloucester the other day for the first time. The place seemed a bit desperate

Edit: I wonder why they did not keep printing the Crap Towns books? Perhaps it was just a fad .

http://idler.co.uk/category/crap-towns/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crap_Towns

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
Guest มร หล&#3
Thanks! I've been before but always at night and never saw much. How about Derby?

Never spent any time there, well, I drove through it once. Go for Bristol. Clifton, The Downs, Shirehampton, Redland, Park Street, The Watershed . . . fantastic areas and places.

Avoid St. Paul's, Fishponds, Montpellier, and that general area.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
:lol:

This thread may go on forever, so probably better just to list the handful that are not depressing.

No ladies and gentlemen, we have to agree on a winner and I nominate Bridgend as Britains most depressing town as the locals keep voting with their lives, and they should know.

Who can have a problem with that then ?

HOLA4415
Guest skullingtonjoe
No ladies and gentlemen, we have to agree on a winner and I nominate Bridgend as Britains most depressing town as the locals keep voting with their lives, and they should know. Who can have a problem with that then ?

Let`s localise: within Hampshire = Portsmouth, Havant, Leigh Park, Gosport. All in a rough radius of 10 miles with Portsmouth as the epicentre!

HOLA4416
Guest มร หล&#3

Right.

You lot.

Go to the council's, get some paint, take some cuttings (I like a nice Bougainvillea myself) and spend a weekend tarting up your areas.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
Workington takes some beating.

bl00dy hell ravenglass, I nearly spat my coffee over my lappy when I saw this thread. :o

dogbox as the topic starter, I thought right then....we had lot's of posting history. :D

Then I looked at the 2nd reply & casual Observer was on there :o:o & I thought right then, right then.....here we go.....time to get some serious laughing/taking ther p1ss comments (childish yet remarkably satisfying sometimes ;) ).

Then I saw the bl00dy date.......BU55ER. :lol::lol:

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
Guest มร หล&#3
Too much competition.................Its full of tarts already

You don't live in Fishponds by any chance?

HOLA4421
Guest AuntJess
Gloucester is the unwashed drunk in an otherwise beautiful county. It should be shipped down the Severn to somewhere more appropriate, like South Wales.

:( I like South Wales, but agreed Gloucester is a dump, and I'd so expected it to be like the rest of the county - like Cheltenham or Cirencester.

HOLA4422
Gloucester is the unwashed drunk in an otherwise beautiful county. It should be shipped down the Severn to somewhere more appropriate, like South Wales.

You do know the connection between Gloucester and your avatar right?

HOLA4423
Guest มร หล&#3
:( I like South Wales, but agreed Gloucester is a dump, and I'd so expected it to be like the rest of the county - like Cheltenham or Cirencester.

Yes never got this one. Why? Cheltenham and Cirencester are lovely. How did Gloucester happen?

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

There are so many in my area. Basingrad and Alderscheiss (has improved slightly) but by far the worst is Bracknell. I was in Crawley recently and cannot think of a reason why I would want to go back there. Harlow did not reek of sophistication and elegance either. I guess a lot of these M25 satellite towns are all identikit s**tholes.

Archived