Bubble Pricker

The Welcome Thread For New Members

1,877 posts in this topic

Hi, just introducing myself.  I am 48 and caught in the endless dilemma of "should I, shouldn't I?" right now.  It's not that I can't buy anything at all,  it's that fundamental belief that what we are seeing right now simply cannot continue.  Only it is and has been and quite probably will do.  Since lurking on this forum I have learned more about the horrific, corrupt economy that we live in that I could ever have wanted to and now I just feel so sad and hopeless for everyone, not just sorry for myself.  Because this sort of stuff matters to me now, I have educated myself, but it makes me sad.  I am potentially about to gamble everything I have worked for in the past for my deposit and my financial future right up to my retirement on the mortgage I will also need.  All to buy a tiny, tiny house in the totally wrecked home counties.  Or my other choice is to move to somewhere where I know absolutely nobody, just because I will be able to afford a roof over my head.  It's totally criminal.   When I tell my ivory-towered home-owning friends what it is like out here in the cold they just don't get it.  Most of them don't even know the name Mark Carney or understand the true evil that is Quantative Easing.  I really wish I didn't know about it either, to be honest.

I'm desperate for Section 24 to bring about an end to the misery, but I'm so demoralised right now that I actually think that it won't.

On 3/11/2017 at 4:55 PM, stop_the_craziness said:

Hi, just introducing myself.  I am 48 and caught in the endless dilemma of "should I, shouldn't I?" right now.  It's not that I can't buy anything at all,  it's that fundamental belief that what we are seeing right now simply cannot continue.  Only it is and has been and quite probably will do.  Since lurking on this forum I have learned more about the horrific, corrupt economy that we live in that I could ever have wanted to and now I just feel so sad and hopeless for everyone, not just sorry for myself.  Because this sort of stuff matters to me now, I have educated myself, but it makes me sad.  I am potentially about to gamble everything I have worked for in the past for my deposit and my financial future right up to my retirement on the mortgage I will also need.  All to buy a tiny, tiny house in the totally wrecked home counties.  Or my other choice is to move to somewhere where I know absolutely nobody, just because I will be able to afford a roof over my head.  It's totally criminal.   When I tell my ivory-towered home-owning friends what it is like out here in the cold they just don't get it.  Most of them don't even know the name Mark Carney or understand the true evil that is Quantative Easing.  I really wish I didn't know about it either, to be honest.

I'm desperate for Section 24 to bring about an end to the misery, but I'm so demoralised right now that I actually think that it won't.

Half of any battle is knowing what is happening.

If people knew what was happening they wouldn't stand for it.

Well done. Spread the word.

This place has taught me alot. Thank god for the different posts, different views and the Internet for allowing us a place to discuss Economics/Politics/Money/Asset prices.