House Price Crash Forum

F P Says It How It Is On B B C News 24

HOLA441

Well Financial Planner just appeared on news 24 and put the fear of god up the newsreaders. Their faces were a picture. Basically said crash started . not possible to contain. Brown an idiot. 40% crash on the cards. Well done Jonathan Davies

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
Well Financial Planner just appeared on news 24 and put the fear of god up the newsreaders. Their faces were a picture. Basically said crash started . not possible to contain. Brown an idiot. 40% crash on the cards. Well done Jonathan Davies

B*gger! I wish I had seen that!

Must get a television apparatus! :rolleyes:

HOLA446
HOLA447

Year, but i thuoght house prices only ever go up, well that's what the Daily Express keep saying on a

weekly basis maybe FP should give them a bell and fill them in.

HOLA448
HOLA449

I caught the tail end of this one. Today has really been the day the public got the message, hasn't it? It's funny, because I was convinced that it would be in 3 weeks time when the Nationwide figures go year on year negative.

Just goes to show that calling top/bottom/etc. is practically impossible.

Message to all the newcomers here this evening; welcome. Sorry in advance if what you are about to read on here disturbs you, but you've been lied to for quite some time by politicians, media, lenders and (especially) the property industry. Have a read of the archives here for tips on how to minimise the pain coming over the next few years.

Oh, apart from people with lots of buy to let properties; you're just fooked, sorry.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

I saw the interview and FP presented the case well for further falls in house prices. I think I heard him say 10% fall for this year; but thought that a little conservative? I was looking for 15-20%.

However, in spite of it being suggested by the interviewer that he was painting too gloomy a picture, FP kept to the point and refrained from any jibes at the media's portrayal of hpi in recent times. Very good to watch. It would be great to see what he could do on Question Time.

My one reservation was no mention made of the HPC web-site (unless I missed it).

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
I saw the interview and FP presented the case well for further falls in house prices. I think I heard him say 10% fall for this year; but thought that a little conservative? I was looking for 15-20%.

However, in spite of it being suggested by the interviewer that he was painting too gloomy a picture, FP kept to the point and refrained from any jibes at the media's portrayal of hpi in recent times. Very good to watch. It would be great to see what he could do on Question Time.

My one reservation was no mention made of the HPC web-site (unless I missed it).

Quite right. no mention at all of HPC. Good thing IMO. FP must have spooked the nation. Some guy they just had on for a balance said not to worry because there is an housing shortage which has been identified by the government :lol::lol:

Newsreader said it made a nice change to hear an optimistic view after the last (FP) pessimisic one.

Thats ok then. Nice man made it better :lol:

HOLA4415

Great point.

Surely a decent slot on Question Time for HPC can't be far off now. I was thinking about a suitable question earlier when reading another post on here.

Additionally, when is David Cameron going to pull his finger out and ask some searching questions in PMQ's. Maybe tomorrow?

Brown's mis-management off the economy will go down in infamy. Watching him on the news earlier with this stupid shared equity CRAP made my stomach turn.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

...and FP said that british growth figures were incorrect and almost said the recession word. He said that Brown had no hope whatsoever of containing the HP crash because the US, Spain, Australia et al., were all unable to contain it. FP said we have the highest domestic debt levels in the world and basically all is lost. Gulp. :(

On a lighter note he did forecast 10% drop this year with 40% drop over next three years. A bit optimistic I think. Still softly softly catchee monkee. I don't think joe public is ready for the truth just yet. Best to drip feed the misery :lol:

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
Today has really been the day the public got the message, hasn't it? It's funny, because I was convinced that it would be in 3 weeks time when the Nationwide figures go year on year negative.

Get with it Paddles, this is an HPC at internet speed. 125% mortgages will be back in 3 weeks, quickly followed by a national shortage of hair gel.

HOLA4421
Excellent - can't wait!

The day the crack-pot doom monger's become the lauded people who actually predicted it was all going to end, is the day the bubble dies! Sentiment turns like a super-tanker full of poo

Yeah, but we haven't hit the spring bounce yet have we?

It's a proven fact that global warming has delayed spring until March 2017.

HOLA4422
Yeah, but we haven't hit the spring bounce yet have we?

It's a proven fact that global warming has delayed spring until March 2017.

As I said, sentiment is like a supertanker full of poo.

poo starts to smell really bad in spring....

*edited for context*

Edited by Kinky John

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
It may be time to start high fiving and punching the air singing victory chants

It is time to write to the local papers to discredit the reckless labour government for putting us in the position. Just in time for the May election of course. :)

HOLA4425