171 replies to this topic

#166 Tucksy

Tucksy

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 07:46 PM

For anyone who missed or has not yet seen the studio discussion or has had trouble finding the correct link please try this one.

Channel 4 News 8th April - House Price Falls - Studio Discussion

This should take you directly to the studio discussion and bypasses the report leading up to it.

Please note that this link opens directly into 'Windows Media Player' so I cannot guarantee it will work for ALL browsers.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Tucksy
'Not so much a ladder, more a pyramid'

'A shortage of affordable housing or surplus of unaffordable housing?'

#167 geneer

geneer

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 05:50 PM

Sorry for disturbing the Jonathon Davis love-in, but I'm finding the attitude of people on here - even the existence of the site itself - utterly bizarre.

Why do you regard the possible collapse of the housing market, and financial markets generally, with such undisguised glee? I can only assume you haven't really thought through what the consequences of a really deep recession - depression - would be for all of us. None of us experienced the 1930's, but I'm guessing that being able to go round telling everyone "I told you so" would be scant consolation for the human misery in which we would all undoubtedly share. Or do you people keep your money in boxes under the beds in your (presumably) rented houses?

As for last night's performance, I can't quite share in the idol-worship of your guru. I was particularly irked by the ridiculous comment about Bentleys - not least because it was lifted straight from Roger Bootle's (another prophet of doom who's getting far too excited about the possibilityof finally, after all these years, being right) column in the Telegraph on Monday. Mr Davis may not drive a Benltey, but I'm sure he has a smaller, more practicle vehicle, in the same way that most of us live in 3-bed semis rather than 10bed mansions. The thing about houses is that unlike cars, they are a basic human need. An individual needs somewhere to live. Whether he owns or rents, someone has to own the house, and there aren't enough being built to keep pace with the population. Now I wouldn't argue with you that the market is somewhat overheated at present, but basic economics tells you that in the long-term, if there is a shortage of something, its price is more likely to go up than down.

And even if JD and the rest of you are right, you haven't predicted anything - just proved the truism that if you say something for long enough, you're bound to be right eventually. This site was created in October 2003. If you look at the same HBOS survey that got you all so excited yesterday, you'll see that house prices are up about 40% since then, so a fairly severe (c30%) correction will only take you back to where you started.

How much have you mugs paid in rent since then, while I've been paying down my mortgage?

You are Pimperne1 or Crashvilleboomtown. :lol: :lol: :lol: and I claim my 5.

#168 macfarlan

macfarlan

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 11:14 AM

What does 'moved' represent on the forum topic?

Here's a good idea.

Go onto an online chat forum, call everyone there mugs, then ask for assistance.

Yea, that should work.

#169 Tucksy

Tucksy

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 11:38 PM

Here's a good idea.

Go onto an online chat forum, call everyone there mugs, then ask for assistance.

Yea, that should work.

Nice one!

:lol: :lol:
'Not so much a ladder, more a pyramid'

'A shortage of affordable housing or surplus of unaffordable housing?'

#170 bullishbear

bullishbear

HPC Newbie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 12:07 PM

"Here's a good idea.

Yea, that should work."

followed by...

"Nice one"

I am humbled at the sharp end of such incisive wit, though the vision I had of chimps in a cage suddenly reappeared then; Can't think why.

You may see, I've had one post on here - my question is perfectly valid and not indicative of being a 'mug', not that it was I who called anyone a mug, I merely found the person who did say it humourous. Care to answer my question rather than being a moronic mistaken smart ****?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users