roblpm

Edinbugh Latest

22 hours ago, toreveal said:

You sure about that :unsure:?

Abbeyhill/Meadowbank has been one of the "best" (ok not in our eyes) performing areas over the past year or two.  You can see the stats in the espc house price reports and for 1-2bed flats Abbeyhill/Meadowbank often had double digit *rises* the past year.  Also bears out what I see on the ground as I rent near here and see  renovations being done and coffee shops added.  Over the past year or two it has been the "up and coming" area (along with Pilrig/LW).

I don't see any sign of price drops in Edinburgh generally yet.  Though I do think the slowdown in London has taken the excitement out of the Edinburgh market, would love to hope this will eventually affect the prices here. 

Not 100% sure, it was radio Forth I think, at work so distractions going on, and maybe they were talking about something else not flat prices, it did sound too bearish to be true, the fact they would say it I mean, not the drops.

3 hours ago, dances with sheeple said:

Meadowbank is desirable if you are on a budget IMO, good transport links and minutes from stunning natural walks and views, not sure what prices are doing now compared to the peak of the pre-crash bubble though?

Too lazy to dredge through espc (and I doubt reports go that far back) but I've lived near Abbeyhill for 10years and Abbeyhill and Meadowbank only started being desirable over the last couple of years.  Don't think it showed much growth during the previous bubble.  

23 hours ago, dances with sheeple said:

Image result for Granton images

Was it this flat?  (obviously this isn`t Morningside, and it certainly isn`t SOUTH Morningside :P)

Nope :D

On the Meadowbank issue, there seems to be quite a large number of stupidly-priced new build flats coming on the market (£250k+ for a two-bed?!) which may well be skewing the figures.

12 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

On the Meadowbank issue, there seems to be quite a large number of stupidly-priced new build flats coming on the market (£250k+ for a two-bed?!) which may well be skewing the figures.

I do always wonder just who the ****** it is buying these places. I reckon many must be 'investment' type things. Overseas as well ?

Or do you get lots of young couples who think its decent value. :blink:

"Feeding frenzy". Its 2006 all over again. Wonder what comes next...