House Price Crash Forum

Uk Housing Crisis In Pictures ~2008

HOLA441
HOLA442
Guest Bart of Darkness
I saw this last week in Winchester Road, Southampton - Oh how the times have changed.

Indeed. I'll have to look out for something similar although I've always maintained that the Sheffield area is legging other parts of the country.

HOLA443

Can't find those houses on the Morris Dibben website.

In fairness it looks like a recently completed new build project to me.

Although from following threads on the forum about Southampton (with it's higher than average rate of repossession actions) the outlook doesn't look that good.

Edited by friday

HOLA444
  • 2 weeks later...
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-174...=1&tr_t=buy

Hope this comes out ok .

Not a pic , but frfom "rightmove" . these flats are near me . They have been finished sionce before Christmas . They are still some avaliable . The ad's outside scream "40% SOLD"

Err ,doesn't that mean 60% "unsold" ????

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Its appalling that to buy a 50% share of that flat, you have to be earning a minimum of £18k! :(

• 2 weeks later...
HOLA449
  • 1 month later...
HOLA4410

housing6_460x276.jpg

Can anyone think of any good house price crash photo subjects other than lots of boards?

Empty EA offices?

Repossessed people?

etc

HOLA4411

our local branch of "your move" went tits up a couple of weeks ago - anyway the sign men came along to remove the sign and found this gem underneath - genuine 1980s EA signange - Old School Baby - Like history repeating itself

ps does anybody know how to put the picture in the text window???

Image003.jpg

post-1700-1210370726_thumb.jpg

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

This was posted through my office managers home - she thinks it was posted through most of Chandlers Ford area.

Anouncing that they have sold a house !!

fox2.jpg

Just the one house then - Maybe there will be steak on the table tonight :)

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Hey - that is also funny because this is a branch of Austin & Wyatt that also closed down in Chanders Ford

Underneath the sign is an old Fox & Son shadow

closed-estate-agent.jpg.jpg

Are they trying to tell us something about the state of the housing market ?

Maybe I need to keep in touch with what is going on out there

Polyposh

• 2 weeks later...
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

In spite of the much talked about 'credit crunch' - I hate that phrase, there are dozens of new developments that are going ahead in my local area. In order to show my disaproval of this I intend to plaster the house price crash logo all over these sites. I expect I will be arrested at some stage. I will endeavour to post some photos of my exploits on here. In the meantime I would greatly appreciate some ideas for funny remarks I could print under the logo.

Many thanks

HOLA4421
In spite of the much talked about 'credit crunch' - I hate that phrase, there are dozens of new developments that are going ahead in my local area. In order to show my disaproval of this I intend to plaster the house price crash logo all over these sites. I expect I will be arrested at some stage. I will endeavour to post some photos of my exploits on here. In the meantime I would greatly appreciate some ideas for funny remarks I could print under the logo.

Many thanks

Has anyone got pics from the flats for sale in York....where poplar court is...just along from the shell garage on Hull road...there MUST be 30+ boards within ten yards of each other? Will be classic IMHO

• 2 weeks later...
HOLA4422

Storm clouds gather over new build flats - really, look:

http://www.homes24.co.uk/doc.html?_a=view&id=366900

w250h170.jpg

I go past these regularly. I saw them go up and week by week I've seen the increasingly desperate marketing banners draped across the front: "Now accepting reservations". "Last few remaining". "Ask about our special incentives". "Ideal buy-to-let opportunity".

The latest says "only 4 remaining". I'm not sure if that includes flat 3. It has an auction notice posted outside!

post-14222-1213396304_thumb.jpg

Edited by onthesofa

• 2 weeks later...
HOLA4423

The first photo in this thread needs updating. It looks almost the same as before, but now all the signs say "To Let". There are still for sale signs around the side of the property. Could someone local go and take a look please, I don't pass down that way very often.

HOLA4424

june003.jpg

Some brave investor wants to rent out these new properties. The rest of the site to the left of the picture looks pretty much unfinished.

Too late to invest? Or will it eventually pay off with many sellers movinginto rented property?

HOLA4425
The first photo in this thread needs updating. It looks almost the same as before, but now all the signs say "To Let". There are still for sale signs around the side of the property. Could someone local go and take a look please, I don't pass down that way very often.

Your wish has been granted - I have updated the first picture for you showing the history of this development - Polyposh :)