44 replies to this topic

#16 polyposh

polyposh

HPC Newbie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 01:05 PM

Hey - that is also funny because this is a branch of Austin & Wyatt that also closed down in Chanders Ford

Underneath the sign is an old Fox & Son shadow

Posted Image

Are they trying to tell us something about the state of the housing market ?

Maybe I need to keep in touch with what is going on out there

Polyposh

#17 Home_To_Roost

Home_To_Roost

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 04:38 PM

There's a recently closed Estate Agent in my area .... now where's my camera :ph34r:

The wastrels, the overspenders, the over-ambitious, the high borrowers, the unrealistic and the greedy in our society are being cosseted and pampered by the Government's low interest rate policy.

The careful, the frugal, those who live within their income and save for the future are being severely punished.

Mervyn King and Charles Bean can shove 0.5% IR up their backsides ..... I don't support an economy built on foolish spending and greed

#18 MattW

MattW

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 07:20 PM

In Norwich...

A former branch of Spicer McColl
Posted Image

A block of city centre flats with 4 'for sale/to let' signs outside. Sorry if its hard to see.
Insecure Tenant

#19 MattW

MattW

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 07:21 PM

Oops! Here it is... Sorry, the signs are a bit hard to see. :blink:
Posted Image
Insecure Tenant

#20 Tony2007

Tony2007

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 10:47 PM

In spite of the much talked about 'credit crunch' - I hate that phrase, there are dozens of new developments that are going ahead in my local area. In order to show my disaproval of this I intend to plaster the house price crash logo all over these sites. I expect I will be arrested at some stage. I will endeavour to post some photos of my exploits on here. In the meantime I would greatly appreciate some ideas for funny remarks I could print under the logo.

Many thanks

#21 renterbob

renterbob

HPC Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,425 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 07:18 AM

In spite of the much talked about 'credit crunch' - I hate that phrase, there are dozens of new developments that are going ahead in my local area. In order to show my disaproval of this I intend to plaster the house price crash logo all over these sites. I expect I will be arrested at some stage. I will endeavour to post some photos of my exploits on here. In the meantime I would greatly appreciate some ideas for funny remarks I could print under the logo.

Many thanks

Has anyone got pics from the flats for sale in York....where poplar court is...just along from the shell garage on Hull road...there MUST be 30+ boards within ten yards of each other? Will be classic IMHO
'I was convinced that the shere size of the global housing bubble would bring everything down when it collapsed and that we would end up in a very severe recession.'
'I have long held that the HPC would see at east 50% off house prices. I recently revised this to 60%. Why so dramatic? Again, another no-brainer'
RealistBear Oct 24, 2008

#22 onthesofa

onthesofa

HPC Newbie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 10:28 PM

Storm clouds gather over new build flats - really, look:

http://www.homes24.c...=view&id=366900

Attached File  w250h170.jpg   9.97KB   220 downloads

I go past these regularly. I saw them go up and week by week I've seen the increasingly desperate marketing banners draped across the front: "Now accepting reservations". "Last few remaining". "Ask about our special incentives". "Ideal buy-to-let opportunity".

The latest says "only 4 remaining". I'm not sure if that includes flat 3. It has an auction notice posted outside!

Edited by onthesofa, 13 June 2008 - 10:33 PM.

#23 lifechooser

lifechooser

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 09:56 AM

The first photo in this thread needs updating. It looks almost the same as before, but now all the signs say "To Let". There are still for sale signs around the side of the property. Could someone local go and take a look please, I don't pass down that way very often.

#24 MattW

MattW

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 06:40 PM

Posted Image

Some brave investor wants to rent out these new properties. The rest of the site to the left of the picture looks pretty much unfinished.

Too late to invest? Or will it eventually pay off with many sellers movinginto rented property?
Insecure Tenant

#25 polyposh

polyposh

HPC Newbie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 10:20 AM

The first photo in this thread needs updating. It looks almost the same as before, but now all the signs say "To Let". There are still for sale signs around the side of the property. Could someone local go and take a look please, I don't pass down that way very often.

Your wish has been granted - I have updated the first picture for you showing the history of this development - Polyposh :)

#26 giveusthefacts

giveusthefacts

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 06:41 PM

EA's are so despondent with the current housing market.

There is no point in filling in the property description, as the place is not going to sell anyway.

http://www.rightmove...3...10&tr_t=buy

#27 ablondon

ablondon

HPC Newbie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 12:47 PM

EA's are so despondent with the current housing market.

There is no point in filling in the property description, as the place is not going to sell anyway.

http://www.rightmove...3...10&tr_t=buy

:P :P :P :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh my life... I laughed so much here at work that everyone is looking at me strangely!
Surely, that cant be for real!

#28 Disillusioned

Disillusioned

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 01:03 PM

Attached File  DSC00290.JPG   376.89KB   224 downloads

Just round the corner from Telometers crash-proof SE1 properties.
The Spaniard @ Nov 10 2008 - Is there any representation system (e.g. language, maths, painting, music, dance, ......) that in your view is capable of expressing truth? Or are they all "lies"?

Injin @ Nov 10 2008 - Yup, they are all lies.

#29 Disillusioned

Disillusioned

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 03:32 PM

On old Street, Islington, in the heart of London:

Attached File  SpencerThomas.JPG   62.88KB   312 downloads

Edit to add: sorry about the poor quality. It was raining and I was on a bus! It is an Estate Agents with a Rent or Buy sign above it.

Edited by Disillusioned, 10 July 2008 - 03:33 PM.

The Spaniard @ Nov 10 2008 - Is there any representation system (e.g. language, maths, painting, music, dance, ......) that in your view is capable of expressing truth? Or are they all "lies"?

Injin @ Nov 10 2008 - Yup, they are all lies.

#30 The Real Eagle

The Real Eagle

HPC Newbie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 06:39 PM

Gatehouse Estate Agents in Kempston Bedfordshire:-

Attached File  gatehouse_estates.JPG   48.24KB   223 downloads

Shame that..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users