Aberdeen, Aspc Stats

HOLA441
  • Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
1 hour ago, quine said:

This flat has just cost the poor sod £80k+ to live in over the last 2 years.

79 Oakhill Grange sold £400k April 2015.  For sale OO £320k March 2017.

It's not even a nice looking flat - look at the room dimensions/sizes.

https://www.aspc.co.uk/search/property/353551/79-Oakhill-Grange/Aberdeen/

And for £320k you would expect a fresh coat of Ronseal on that green, slimy looking decking.

In other news, I just negotiated 18% off my monthly rent: 'Compact and bijou' 1-bed in the "up and coming" end of Rosemount ?

Edited by Diver Dan

HOLA443

http://themarketmogul.com/economics-of-scottish-independence/

Pressure from a doggedly low oil price will not subdue given Saudi’s determination to cut output and new players such as American shale producers. In fact, the North Sea is becoming one of the most expensive places to extract oil on the planet, and its output is shrinking as well. Hoteliers in Aberdeen can no longer charge whatever they like when the drilling season comes.

http://www.meetpie.com/Modules/NewsModule/newsdetails.aspx?newsid=24368

Hotel prices in Aberdeen fell almost 30 per cent in 2016 to an average of £67 - and a fleet of new openings are expected to keep rates down for the foreseeable future. In its latest UK chain hotels report, HotStats reports that average room rates (ARR) fell to £67 in the 12 months to January 2017, down from £92 in the previous 12 months. The report said: "Following declines in profit per room in 2015 (33 per cent) and 2016 (52 per cent), a 41 per cent year-on-year decline in profit per room in January suggests there is further woe to come for hotels in Aberdeen, as supply increase provide fresh challenges to trading performance.

£50/boe BRENT isn't going to ramp up hotel rates, occupancy. Same goes for BTL's, new builds.

As a consequence... day rates are p1sh.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2017/03/26/rig-operators-maintenance-crews-forgotten-casualties-oil-price/

EY partner Derek Leith says: “It has been a very difficult trading environment, with the huge pressure on costs and lots of job losses,” and the year ahead will be a struggle too. “When the price started to fall quite rapidly, many companies would have had a reasonable backlog of work [to help] them through the darker days. But there is very little likelihood of that lasting through 2017.”

So... no change in trend. Drillers are speaking of this dire trend continuing into late 2018 and beyond.

http://www.scottishhousingnews.com/14590/report-reveals-low-level-of-interest-in-affordable-housing-across-aberdeenshire/

Report reveals ‘low’ level of interest in affordable housing across Aberdeenshire

“It was noted in a report to committee on September 1 2016 that the need for key worker housing had eased from its position in previous years.

ASPC 4834 (buy)

Citylets 1199 (let)

Gumtree 1211 (let)

... still spoiled for choice. Ask for a 25% (MIN) discount... or don't... at your peril.

Edited by cashinmattress

HOLA444
On 3/28/2017 at 11:48 AM, Diver Dan said:

And for £320k you would expect a fresh coat of Ronseal on that green, slimy looking decking.

In other news, I just negotiated 18% off my monthly rent: 'Compact and bijou' 1-bed in the "up and coming" end of Rosemount ?

What you paying now for a 1 bed in rosemount Diver? £400?

HOLA445
On 3/28/2017 at 11:48 AM, Diver Dan said:

He wont have paid £400k .. that will be the price listed..

- he will have been given things like cash back, extra uplift on his trade home etc..

When i looked to buy a new build at £235k.. i was getting it for £205k after wheeling dealing but they said they needed to record it as £235k in registry to show the house's value

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
31 minutes ago, delboypass said:

Talked recently to estate agent - they say their phones are ringing off the hook..!!

(Not with new clients but tenants moving out into cheaper properties - says been ongoing for about 3 months now)

a lot of rental properties at high prices sitting stagnant

Probably do the economy no harm having a bunch of renters with a bit less month at the end of the money; local shops, bars and restaurants could stand to benefit.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
17 hours ago, ABZ_RVK said:

is the housing market picking up? I have seen few houses come on market and within a week under offer. Also my colleagues are saying that the market is improving? i am not convinced it has improved. 

There are more houses coming up for sale every day (4878 on ASPC right now), so you would expect an uptick in the number of not proportion of them going under offer.

Reasonably priced, decent quality, well located properties will always attract interest. Poky, identikit "executive" shoeboxes in out of the way suburbs going for 2014++ prices will always be a hard sell.

Edited by Diver Dan

HOLA4411
2 minutes ago, Diver Dan said:

There are more houses coming up for sale every day (4878 on ASPC right now), so you would expect an uptick in the number of not proportion of them going under offer.

Reasonably priced, decent quality, well located properties will always attract interest. Poky, identikit "executive" shoeboxes in out of the way suburbs going for 2014++ prices will always be a hard sell.

hmm ok. 

The other thing i noticed is that some of the houses which came on the market around August 2016 are still holding on to the valuation price at the time it came on the market. Certainly the prices have still dropped from August last year but people seem to be holding on to the prices. 

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
1 hour ago, ABZ_RVK said:

hmm ok. 

The other thing i noticed is that some of the houses which came on the market around August 2016 are still holding on to the valuation price at the time it came on the market. Certainly the prices have still dropped from August last year but people seem to be holding on to the prices. 

There are many reasons why people don't reduce their asking prices.

"I'm not giving it away."

"House prices always go up."

"Just rent it out until the market improves"

Take your pick.

HOLA4414
2 hours ago, ABZ_RVK said:

hmm ok. 

Have to say, for the hammering the local economy has taken the house prices have been quite resilient. It's been falling but no where near to be called a 'crash'!

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Registers of Scotland numbers for Feb out.

Average value: £202,818 - actually up almost 9% year on year. First YoY rise since 2015. Be interesting to see if this is a trend or a blip.

Number of sales: 199 - sub 200. I think this is the lowest recorded monthly sales figure reported on RoS data for Aberdeen City.

HOLA4417

http://www.insider.co.uk/news/house-prices-scotland-slip-back-10201311

Sorry in advance if I am being slow here but the above says average cost of a house now at 160k with a slight increase in sales.

Lots of friends and other folk have spoke to are buying into the BS of Aberdein Co that houses are selling again and that we are on the up.

My argument is that yea sales might be up a wee bit but how much have those flats/houses been on the market until sold and how much money had to be discounted before selling. A slight up tick in the sales volumes doesn't signal a meaningfull upturn to me in the general situation that houses still are not selling (ASPC Fast approaching 5000 listings, dare say we will hit that in a month or two) and houses still over priced.

Was looking at a house in westhill. 68 sqm 2 bed semi. Bought 2006 for 105k home report in Nov 2016 205k.

Similar home same area has been up for a year 205k home report in April 2016 but bought for 159k in 2011.

These are more or less boom prices. So the home valuers are still taking the piss in my view. No realism here.

Edited by babo456
Spelling

HOLA4418
54 minutes ago, babo456 said:

http://www.insider.co.uk/news/house-prices-scotland-slip-back-10201311

Sorry in advance if I am being slow here but the above says average cost of a house now at 160k with a slight increase in sales.

Lots of friends and other folk have spoke to are buying into the BS of Aberdein Co that houses are selling again and that we are on the up.

My argument is that yea sales might be up a wee bit but how much have those flats/houses been on the market until sold and how much money had to be discounted before selling. A slight up tick in the sales volumes doesn't signal a meaningfull upturn to me in the general situation that houses still are not selling (ASPC Fast approaching 5000 listings, dare say we will hit that in a month or two) and houses still over priced.

Was looking at a house in westhill. 68 sqm 2 bed semi. Bought 2006 for 105k home report in Nov 2016 205k.

Similar home same area has been up for a year 205k home report in April 2016 but bought for 159k in 2011.

These are more or less boom prices. So the home valuers are still taking the piss in my view. No realism here.

agree with you. Prices still seems to be near to the 2014 peak in some areas. Its just crazy and as you rightly said there are many people spreading news that the market is recovering and prices are going up. 

People are still living in a fantasy land. 

we were looking for a property in Mid Socket area and the valuation in the home report is from Feb 2016 and the seller is still sticking to that price even today. Its crazy. 

You are correct we will soon see 5000+ homes for sale on ASPC .

HOLA4419
17 minutes ago, ABZ_RVK said:

we were looking for a property in Mid Socket area and the valuation in the home report is from Feb 2016 and the seller is still sticking to that price even today. Its crazy. 

Have those properties been on the market for over a year now?

HOLA4420
Just now, AD14 said:

Have those properties been on the market for over a year now?

Yes they are on the market for over a year now. Some still show in ASPC and some have been taken out of ASPC but still on sale in other websites such as rightmove.co.uk and solicitors website. 

HOLA4421

Just look at rental prices for an indicator of how over heated the market is... 2 beds for under £500 now..and now the BTL Mortgage interest tax kicking in 1st year..Everyone i know with a mortgage on their BTL is selling.. those without mortgage seem to be staying put for now..

Another 500 flats going into Mastrick

Aberdeen university about to build more student flats at the playing fields

Another development of flats approved at Bobbin old car park

Broadfold works about to start

Countesswells 3000 properties approved for construction

Kingswells still building in Old Kingswells

107 properties in Cults (http://www.aberdeencity.gov.uk/CouncilNews/ci_cns/pr_cultshomes_200315.asp)

Lang Stract new flats about to start development, Tillydrone, Ashgrove

Cloverleaf Hotel flats: https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/news/local/housing-and-hotel-plans-approved-for-city-after-council-backs-proposals/

Northern Hotel Flats: https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/news/local/part-of-hotel-set-to-be-turned-into-new-flats1/

1700 at Bucksburn: http://www.scottishhousingnews.com/10848/councillors-approve-1700-aberdeen-homes-plan-for-second-time/

I am sure there are many many more..

Aberdeen jobs at all time low, Contracts slashed to lowest bidders, decommissions, sell offs, longer offshore working time...

Once AWPR, all those guys leave the city (must be hundreds of them) - this affects all the local bedsits, restaurants, gyms (the irish and newcastle guys seem to love going to the gym)..

There is no recovery is there?

HOLA4422

You know it's getting desperate when they advertise housing for sale on a big display in the departure lounge of Aberdeen Airport! Never seen that before.

Has the stabilisation of the oil price back up to $50+ given the industry hope for the foreseeable future?

Edited by Barnsey

HOLA4423
56 minutes ago, Barnsey said:

You know it's getting desperate when they advertise housing for sale on a big display in the departure lounge of Aberdeen Airport! Never seen that before.

Has the stabilisation of the oil price back up to $50+ given the industry hope for the foreseeable future?

TBH those ASPC screens have been there for a few years now.

Look at SeaDrill it was turning over 250 Billion two years ago - now potentially away to go bust.

Plenty of Aberdeen companys will be in the same boat.

The city seems to be thinking things are on the up... soon as the oil rises a bit + people believing there own crap. 

Don't forget about the first 500 new homes in BOD Grandholm development, 5000 to be build over next 15 years or so?

I feel like the propaganda is really racheting up now, which makes me think the shit will hit the fan soon or not....

HOLA4424

This house has been re-possessed by the bank. We viewed this property and there is heavy leakage in the lounge, lots of issues in the house and we thought there is atleast £50,000 worth of work involved in it to bring it back to livable condition and yet the asking price is close to £400K. I am even surprised that home report valuation is £380,000. This should have been in the region of £250,000 with the loads of issues it has but yet the surveyor thinks it is £380,000.  

https://www.aspc.co.uk/search/property/353103/34-Louisville-Avenue/Aberdeen/ 

its crazy how they value such property. 

HOLA4425
3 hours ago, ABZ_RVK said:

This house has been re-possessed by the bank. We viewed this property and there is heavy leakage in the lounge, lots of issues in the house and we thought there is atleast £50,000 worth of work involved in it to bring it back to livable condition and yet the asking price is close to £400K. I am even surprised that home report valuation is £380,000. This should have been in the region of £250,000 with the loads of issues it has but yet the surveyor thinks it is £380,000.  

https://www.aspc.co.uk/search/property/353103/34-Louisville-Avenue/Aberdeen/ 

its crazy how they value such property. 

Exactly - and its a 1970s or 60 building with lathe and plaster .. any refub would be a nightmare and in these properties all the roofs are now failing and need full replacements.. you will see it throughout the city with scaffolding up.

Semi detached..the only thing going for it is internal floor space..

The bust will come soon.. just need interest rates to rise to stop inflation!