laurejon

Immigration To Take Up The Slack

183 posts in this topic

[quote name='expatowner' post='1153357' date='Jun 6 2008, 01:52 AM']Subject: Everyone's a winner, when they play 'ASYLUM'

WIN A COUNCIL HOUSE

Roll up, roll up my friends for the game that never ends.

Everyone's a winner, when they play 'ASYLUM'.[/quote]

I can't believe you have put your name to this. Edited by West Hampstead

[quote name='zzg113' post='49871' date='Jan 3 2005, 10:41 AM']There is. If immigrants/migrant workers/whatever enter an area and the area soon becomes rife with prostitution this will decrease property values.[/quote]
But they would be close to local services.

If I remember or am interpreting it correctly, East India Company in 1800 intially were a set of Economic migrants to India who eventually colonised the country.

Economic migration always happens. It happened in Rome. It happened after 2nd world war. It is not new and will never cease as long as there will be a section of population which will make a lot more than they need and one group who earn a lot less than they deserve.

Its interesting looking back on this thread dating from 2004 which I contributed to.
My understanding of the themes I was adamantly putting forth about why there will be no houseprice crash have matured greatly after so many years.

[u][b]For instance: How did we get here?
[/b][/u][b]Within the poltical economy, the main parties always represent 1 or 2 of the 3 factors of production i.e. (land, labour and capital).
[/b]
In the 1900s the '2 party' system was between the Liberals (who represented capital and somewhat off-handedly, labour) and the Conservatives who represented LAND.

Then the vote was extended to more ordinary folk, and a new poltical movement had the voters to rapidly gain power, a Labour party was born which represented working people (the Labour factor) and the Liberals where toast and died off. We moved into a postwar political era where Labour represented working people and the Conservatives represented Land and Capital. Even [b][i]the prospect[/i] [/b]of mass immigration at the behest of big business, undermining living standards was a massive electoral issue in the 1960s and 1970s, and the Labour Party, funded at the time mainly by private sector unions, brought out the toughest immigration policies this country had ever had.

HOWEVER in the 1990s the working class trade unions declined sharply, as Thacthers disinflationary policies combined with limited immigration, led to a rising standard of living and working people gradually abandoned trade unions. in the private sector - that is!.

This left only the public sector unions to fund the Labour party. The Labour party ceased representing the ordinary working man, and instead represented only the public sector. (Labour today is 90% funded by the Public Sector Unions).

Labour ditched its opposition to Thatcherism, and, setout on a central policy of mass immigration, which was masked by stealth and deceit from it's own voters. The public sector unions pushed hard, and are still pushing hard, for mass immigration. By this policy the level of rents and profits would rise at the expense and stagnation of ordinary peoples real wages. Very large unproductiive expansion and large wages of the public sector, would be matched by large unremitting deflation in real terms of ordinary workers through competition with anyone from the rest of the world arriving to compete with them on their doorstep.

Today, profit levels to the Land and Capital factors are at the highest levels in history, yet the share of national income to the Labour factor is at the lowest level in modern history.

What amazes me is how apolitical people are about it. Well, thats not quite true, as the Labour party have hemmoraged millions of voters over its immigration betrayal.

But the youth of today just don't seem to be interested in fighting the setup by joining a non mainstream party like UKIP or whatever one bit, dispite the bulk of them having horrendous prospects in the labour/jobs market and massive levels of debts paying for thier own training.

The current Tory government are in the same hands of big business as the Labour party. The elite of the party are fervent supporters of mass immigration, and immigration has rocketed to much higher levels under their stewardship. However much they intend to concrete over the countryside the mass immigration maths says only one thing! Its the same theme I have been pushing for many years. There will be no welfare state. There will be no pensions. There will be a very small chance of owning a rathole somewhere. Ordinary peoples lives will crumble into a ratrace existance. The overcrowded lives of the Japanese in thier tiny tiny apartments with no welfare state and tube hotels will be something to envy - famously Japan has limited immigration. Edited by brainclamp

[quote name='brainclamp' timestamp='1318186505' post='3143045']
Its interesting looking back on this thread dating from 2004 which I contributed to.
My understanding of the themes I was adamantly putting forth about why there will be no houseprice crash have matured greatly after so many years.

[u][b]For instance: How did we get here?
[/b][/u][b]Within the poltical economy, the main parties always represent 1 or 2 of the 3 factors of production i.e. (land, labour and capital).
[/b]
In the 1900s the '2 party' system was between the Liberals (who represented capital and somewhat off-handedly, labour) and the Conservatives who represented LAND.

Then the vote was extended to more ordinary folk, and a new poltical movement had the voters to rapidly gain power, a Labour party was born which represented working people (the Labour factor) and the Liberals where toast and died off. We moved into a postwar political era where Labour represented working people and the Conservatives represented Land and Capital. Even [b][i]the prospect[/i] [/b]of mass immigration at the behest of big business, undermining living standards was a massive electoral issue in the 1960s and 1970s, and the Labour Party, funded at the time mainly by private sector unions, brought out the toughest immigration policies this country had ever had.

HOWEVER in the 1990s the working class trade unions declined sharply, as Thacthers disinflationary policies combined with limited immigration, led to a rising standard of living and working people gradually abandoned trade unions. in the private sector - that is!.

This left only the public sector unions to fund the Labour party. The Labour party ceased representing the ordinary working man, and instead represented only the public sector. (Labour today is 90% funded by the Public Sector Unions).

Labour ditched its opposition to Thatcherism, and, setout on a central policy of mass immigration, which was masked by stealth and deceit from it's own voters. The public sector unions pushed hard, and are still pushing hard, for mass immigration. By this policy the level of rents and profits would rise at the expense and stagnation of ordinary peoples real wages. Very large unproductiive expansion and large wages of the public sector, would be matched by large unremitting deflation in real terms of ordinary workers through competition with anyone from the rest of the world arriving to compete with them on their doorstep.

Today, profit levels to the Land and Capital factors are at the highest levels in history, yet the share of national income to the Labour factor is at the lowest level in modern history.

What amazes me is how apolitical people are about it. Well, thats not quite true, as the Labour party have hemmoraged millions of voters over its immigration betrayal.

But the youth of today just don't seem to be interested in fighting the setup by joining a non mainstream party like UKIP or whatever one bit, dispite the bulk of them having horrendous prospects in the labour/jobs market and massive levels of debts paying for thier own training.

The current Tory government are in the same hands of big business as the Labour party. The elite of the party are fervent supporters of mass immigration, and immigration has rocketed to much higher levels under their stewardship. However much they intend to concrete over the countryside the mass immigration maths says only one thing! Its the same theme I have been pushing for many years. There will be no welfare state. There will be no pensions. There will be a very small chance of owning a rathole somewhere. Ordinary peoples lives will crumble into a ratrace existance. The overcrowded lives of the Japanese in thier tiny tiny apartments with no welfare state and tube hotels will be something to envy - famously Japan has limited immigration.
[/quote]

God, are you still alive? What a crying shame. Edited by Pond321

[quote name='Pond321' timestamp='1318972547' post='3152472']
God, are you still alive? What a crying shame.
[/quote]

LOL.. Hows that crash you have been waiting for coming about? Still renting and facing rising rents per chance? Seems to me, like the idiot awards, in which people are given awards for the most stupid self inflicted accidental death, (thus doing us all a favour by removing themselves from the genepool) maybe there should be a similar idiot awards for this forum - there still seems to be plenty of similar old fools around on this board who still can't connect that when unlimited immigration means hundreds of thousands of new people in the UK every year need housing, that houseprices and rents go up. Maybe its good they are so limited mentally, as with a few extra IQ points, they may well work out that THEY are the ones paying £1000's per year just in housing benefit taxes alone to landlords to house them and then start to resent it as they are not only paying their own inflated rent, but the rents of others - keeping them unable to afford housing.

(Housing benefit is about a incredible £1000 per worker in taxes, but not all workers are paying it)

Luckly, posters like Pond321 show that there's no fool like an old fool, so no danger there for landlords!. Edited by brainclamp

[quote name='brainclamp' timestamp='1319223583' post='3155777']
LOL.. Hows that crash you have been waiting for coming about? Still renting and facing rising rents per chance? Seems to me, like the idiot awards, in which people are given awards for the most stupid self inflicted accidental death, (thus doing us all a favour by removing themselves from the genepool) maybe there should be a similar idiot awards for this forum - there still seems to be plenty of similar old fools around on this board who still can't connect that when unlimited immigration means hundreds of thousands of new people in the UK every year need housing, that houseprices and rents go up. Maybe its good they are so limited mentally, as with a few extra IQ points, they may well work out that THEY are the ones paying £1000's per year just in housing benefit taxes alone to landlords to house them and then start to resent it as they are not only paying their own inflated rent, but the rents of others - keeping them unable to afford housing.

(Housing benefit is about a incredible £1000 per worker in taxes, but not all workers are paying it)

Luckly, posters like Pond321 show that there's no fool like an old fool, so no danger there for landlords!.
[/quote]

Hah hah, no you silly little fascist. I am not 'paying 1000s per year in housing benefit taxes' as you so xenophobically phrase it. This is (mainly) because I have emigrated to Australia....... Thus I am now an immigrant. An economic migrant if you will. Still earning more money than I know what to do with. Whereas you, I guess, are still drowning in the sorry pool of hatred and bile and blame that you class as your life. You have my pity. Edited by Pond321

Thank you for staying up so early in the morning in Australia counting your money to reply at exactly 10:30am UK time to my message.
That must have took some doing - did you use matchsticks to keep your eyes open?

LOL... I smell BS.

Australia uses a highly controlled immigration system seeking skills - not mass immigration. Now, what did you call it - fascist? - to control immigration to sensible levels and stop mass immigration? Are these Australians all fascists in a sorry pool of hatred and bile and blame then?

[quote name='JonoP' timestamp='1319970232' post='3163125']
Hah hah, no you silly little fascist. I am not 'paying 1000s per year in housing benefit taxes' as you so xenophobically phrase it. This is (mainly) because I have emigrated to Australia....... Thus I am now an immigrant. An economic migrant if you will. Still earning more money than I know what to do with. Whereas you, I guess, are still drowning in the sorry pool of hatred and bile and blame that you class as your life. You have my pity.
[/quote]