Interest Rates

HOLA441
  • Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
3 minutes ago, bear.getting.old said:

Count I hope you are right but everywhere outside London is still rocketing up.

Everywhere ?

Luton, MK, Tunbridge Wells, Guildford, Bath etc etc etc....dead in the water from what I can tell

Some crazies might be going all in oop North cause someone on the tele said it was cheap and they can afford to get into BTL there but in reality as the Magicked up cash dries up and the IRs rise the same thing that happen in 2007 will happen there only harder.

HOLA443
15 minutes ago, bear.getting.old said:

Count I hope you are right but everywhere outside London is still rocketing up. Manchester perhaps is lagging the London market by a year

No, not in the North, where I look.

At best youve had 15 years of the prices stating the same.

Some places have seen 30% of prices.

And the only reason why this has been achieved is QE and very low rates.

Bump up rates and prices will turn down a lot.

HOLA444
HOLA445
8 minutes ago, spyguy said:

No, not in the North, where I look.

At best youve had 15 years of the prices stating the same.

Some places have seen 30% of prices.

And the only reason why this has been achieved is QE and very low rates.

Bump up rates and prices will turn down a lot.

In the areas of the North where I'm looking I've seen a much bigger divergence between posh and not. Some areas down 30% since 2008 getting close to fair value - but others not so far away up almost 30% into total insanity.

HOLA446
HOLA447

IR's at 5% by year end would be a start imo.

Carnage has no choice now and so is trying to make out that it's all about targeting inflation, even though he's written a letter every month for years explaining why inflation is above 2%.

All very interesting and rather obvious.

Edited by Social Justice League

HOLA448
HOLA449
20 hours ago, Grab_Some_Popcorn said:

Just the fact IR rises are being talked about will affect sentiment. Ditto articles on BTL suffering... Personal insolvencies... 

There is no law against becoming insolvent.......that is why LTD cos exist......thing with secured personal lending it is secured against the said property and often secured against the owner occupier property that was leveraged to purchase the BTL property.......;)

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
8 hours ago, bear.getting.old said:

OK on the northern houses past peak but are we at end game? I'd like it to to be but I'm not convinced.

How do central banks realistically reverse course on QT now? It would imply that QE was infinite, which would in turn imply that all currencies should price that in and go to zero and bond yields to infinity, immediately.

Whatever havoc they wreak, they'll have to see it through at least for a few years.

HOLA4412
7 hours ago, Social Justice League said:

IR's at 5% by year end would be a start imo.

Carnage has no choice now and so is trying to make out that it's all about targeting inflation, even though he's written a letter every month for years explaining why inflation is above 2%.

All very interesting and rather obvious.

Well mortgage svrs are not far off.

HOLA4413
On 08/02/2018 at 7:51 PM, A third of everything said:

https://www.propertytribes.com/bank-hints-at-accelerating-rate-rises-t-127633010.html

Found this rather enjoyable - the irony of the scumlord Paul Barrett saying the banks are greedy for wanting 4% margin, while he hoards shit flats by the sea is hilarious 

Surprisingly intelligent posts from some:

TSR to ANNENIXON57 Yesterday at 16:54

I do fear that a storm is brewing - however, to my mind the introduction of s24 has forced many of us to focus our minds on the strength\risk of our portfolios.

Personally, had s24 and the new stamp duty changes not been introduced, I would have continued unabated with the old 75% LTV model, which would have seen me far more exposed than I currently am to interest rate rises.

ANNENIXON57 to TSR Yesterday at 17:53

Absolutely, I agree that S24 has achieved the goal of reducing the LTV of the portfolios of many and reducing exposure to interest rate rises is an important thing, especially now. 

Pity it was retrospective though as the reduction in debt could have been achieved by less draconian measures.

I reduced my portfolio by 4 properties this year and the equity of those sold has gone to paying down the mortgages of the others.

It is scary however to see the daily posts from wide eyed newbies 'looking to get into property'.

I only disagree with one part - who cares if the reduction it debt "could have been achieved by less draconian measures". That lot deserved far more draconian measures than they got, for what they have done. Any level of draconian-ness at all is to be welcomed, and I cheer for it.

HOLA4414

We now have the least productive workforce of all time.. immigration is to feed the gig economy and is nothing more than cheap labour for large corporations.. how are all these low paid 0 tax jobs going to benefit us? 

For example:

Automatic car wash required installers and maintenance engineers.. both well paid and well taxed jobs.. (pays tax)

Replaced with 7 blokes with sponges, earning very little, might claim working tax credit, housing benefit, child support. Require services and pensions/care in old age(costs us money) 

Our economy is just a big housing Ponzi scheme propped up by benefits to enrich the elites and large corporations.. £1 trillion has been spent by the conservatives since they came to power and debt is way above 2007 levels..

We import 65% of our food, we can’t sustain ever expanding population..

You can move my logic to coffee shops, we have heard that Starbucks paid no tax, if the workers earn minimum wage, the company pays no tax, then what use is that to the economy? Many companies are comparable, parcel delivery companies for instance.. our economy will collapse unless we get out of this 0 tax/propped up by benefits economy that has been created at the behest of corporate fat cats to exploit cheap labour and works against the U.K. tax payer.

House prices will collapse along with the whole tax credit/housing benefit gig economy! 

HOLA4415
6 hours ago, macca13 said:

We now have the least productive workforce of all time.. immigration is to feed the gig economy and is nothing more than cheap labour for large corporations.. how are all these low paid 0 tax jobs going to benefit us? 

For example:

Automatic car wash required installers and maintenance engineers.. both well paid and well taxed jobs.. (pays tax)

Replaced with 7 blokes with sponges, earning very little, might claim working tax credit, housing benefit, child support. Require services and pensions/care in old age(costs us money) 

Our economy is just a big housing Ponzi scheme propped up by benefits to enrich the elites and large corporations.. £1 trillion has been spent by the conservatives since they came to power and debt is way above 2007 levels..

You can move my logic to coffee shops, we have heard that Starbucks paid no tax, if the workers earn minimum wage, the company pays no tax, then what use is that to the economy? Many companies are comparable, parcel delivery companies for instance.. our economy will collapse unless we get out of this 0 tax/propped up by benefits economy that has been created at the behest of corporate fat cats to exploit cheap labour and works against the U.K. tax payer.

House prices will collapse along with the whole tax credit/housing benefit gig economy! 

This. Post of the week for me.

HOLA4416
7 hours ago, macca13 said:

For example:

Nope.

Most of the immigration is to just claim tax credits.

Simple fix.

No housing benefit to no uk citizens.

Min 30k singke, 60k family to gain right to work in uk.

No access to venefuts ever.

5k head for schooling. 10k for nhs cover.

HOLA4417
25 minutes ago, spyguy said:

Nope.

Simple fix.

bit racist mate

HOLA4418
28 minutes ago, spyguy said:

Nope.

Simple fix.

2 minutes ago, thewig said:

bit racist mate

What about all those nurses we need for the NHS?

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
1 hour ago, spyguy said:

Benefitist?

The earning caps work as they dont bother with colour or creed. Just can you make a net cash contribution to the UK? Otherwise fuxoff.

I am a person of colour but yes too much benefit tourists coming to the UK, that needs to stop. Agree nothing to do with colour or creed.

HOLA4423
24 minutes ago, Majorpain said:

The R word is thrown around far too much these days, there is nothing illegal (or racist) about the "discrimination" spyguy proposed.

Society would collapse if you were unable to discriminate under any circumstances!

I think wigg was being wiggy.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

UK personal loan rates are still the cheapest they have ever been. Saving here for analyis in a year's time.

• £1,000 – £1,999: from 7.9% APR.
  • £2,000 – £2,999: from 6.9% APR.
  • £3,000 – £4,999: from 5% APR.
  • £5,000 – £7,499: from 3.3% APR.
  • £7,500 – £15,000: from 2.8% APR.
  • £15,000 – £20,000: from 3% APR.
  • £20,000 – £25,000: from 3% APR.
  • £25,000 and over: from 3.3% APR.

Source: https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/loans/cheap-personal-loans