Sign in to follow this  
Rentier

May tells bankers they are a priority for Brexit

banking brings in a huge amount of income into the UK

a banker who earns 1 m a year pays a lot more tax than an east european migrant working in costa coffee 

9 minutes ago, happyguy said:

a banker who earns 1 m a year pays a lot more tax than an east european migrant working in costa coffee 

Hmm.

Bankers' salary is mostly predicated upon inefficiencies imposed upon everyone else by the government, and also financial fraud.

I don't think they actually generate much genuine value.

As for "they pay taxes", government is exorbitantly inefficient. I'd rather the money have stayed with the people actually producing the value than go to politicians' and their hangers-on pockets.

6 minutes ago, Locke said:

As for "they pay taxes", government is exorbitantly inefficient. I'd rather the money have stayed with the people actually producing the value than go to politicians' and their hangers-on pockets.

Donbt forget to deduct their £1.5 TRILLION bailout ( ongoing ) and the VAT etc you and I would be paying if they didnt rob so mich of our money from us.

The dont pay taxes...they LEECH off of the rest of us.

33 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

Girls just wanna have fun?!

LOL. Very good. I was thinking more of True Colors, but I like your song choice - she (and the usual suspects) certainly seem to be having fun, (but at whose expense ?).

Well yes they are a priority full stop...together with owners of land and property.

1 hour ago, Rentier said:

LOL. Very good. I was thinking more of True Colors, but I like your song choice - she (and the usual suspects) certainly seem to be having fun, (but at whose expense ?).

I actually thought you meant Time After Time, seems quite apposite too.

2 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Donbt forget to deduct their £1.5 TRILLION bailout ( ongoing ) and the VAT etc you and I would be paying if they didnt rob so mich of our money from us.

The dont pay taxes...they LEECH off of the rest of us.

100% agree.  The useless banking system needed bailed out by the UK taxpayers.

The UK is a laugh a minute these days, as the public puts up with these dirty parasites, when in reality they all deserve to be jailed for treason.

7 hours ago, happyguy said:

that is precisely the problem

too much dependence on one sector.the world is full of one-trick-pony economies,and it doesn't work.

7 hours ago, happyguy said:

Pay yourself £1m a year to lend money against houses that already exist. Borrowers have to pay you back under threat of being thrown out on the street. The alternative to buying your product (a mortgage) is to have no security of tenure and be treated like something a landlord trod in for the rest of your days. Carney promises to maintain financial sector stability with endless money printing. If it all goes ar5se over tit the taxpayer rides to the rescue.

It's a good business model, not sure it actually adds anything to real economic output though.

If anything serious ever kicks off we will rue the day banking became more important than engineering.

We do design stuff, we do make stuff.  But quantity has a quality of its own.

I see banking and finance in its current form as parasitic.

I also view tax and benefits as a complete mess.

Anything except banking should be supported.

12 hours ago, Social Justice League said:

lol, the UK.............a country ran for the benefit of the corrupt banking system.

These days really are pathetic.  May and the Tories are a comedy show.

So we end up with the Government choosing to take the UK out of the EU,  yet still paying a massive amount of tax payers money to subside the bankers, we've heard that before, bail outs, blah blah, rinse, repeat, did you expect anything different?

Money counts, i expect the EU will step down on their requirement for the 4 freedoms for an appropriate sum of $$.

For the Few, Not the Many.

Edited by GreenDevil

11 hours ago, happyguy said:

Just incase you where born yesterday Banks were bailed out with £ Billions from the taxpayer.