Sign in to follow this  
jiltedjen

the new 'like' and 'dislike' feature being abused

1 hour ago, Greg Bowman said:

Lol just logged in and 23 notifications from old nut nut MH was wondering what that was all about - accurate name though ūüėāūüėé

I got 55 somebody loves me.;)

38 minutes ago, Neverwhere said:

I had the same thought given their selection of threads. Made me laugh quite a bit :D

An obvious pattern is that they tend to spend a couple of months and about 100-150 posts trying to fit in (including bashing BTL) and then they move to an 'influence' phase which often is followed pretty quickly by them acting out in some daft way and getting slapped with a ban. Not every leveraged portfolio landlord is a witless cretin but I think that probably the witless cretins are strongly represented within the subset of leveraged landlords who reckon the way to influence the UK property market is to try to influence the conversation here on HPC. Tactically, that approach makes as much sense to me as early Christians responding to the Romans feeding them to lions by smearing themselves with gravy and voluntarily proselytising to the lions*. Takes all sorts to make a world I guess.

triumph-of-faith--christian-martyrs-in-t

* I'm not suggesting that the early Christians did this and neither am I condoning feeding any faith group or ethnicity to lions. Happy Winterval to one and all!

6 minutes ago, Beary McBearface said:

An obvious pattern is that they tend to spend a couple of months and about 100-150 posts trying to fit in (including bashing BTL) and then they move to an 'influence' phase which often is followed pretty quickly by them acting out in some daft way and getting slapped with a ban. Not every leveraged portfolio landlord is a witless cretin but I think that probably the witless cretins are strongly represented within the subset of leveraged landlords who reckon the way to influence the UK property market is to try to influence the conversation here on HPC.

It's pretty funny to watch in action :D

spaceballs-sequel-posters-new-york-subwa

It does seem likely that any dis/like function would be rampantly abused by such posters, which is again quite silly, so it's probably for the best that this amusing episode has been relatively brief (and also thanks to the Mods for getting it sorted out so promptly).

41 minutes ago, Beary McBearface said:

* I'm not suggesting that the early Christians did this and neither am I condoning feeding any faith group or ethnicity to lions. Happy Winterval to one and all!

:lol:

1 minute ago, stuckin2up2down said:

I can't see it, is it another thing like editing you have to ask for?

It's gone now, and looks like it was only activated temporarily by mistake.

1 hour ago, Beary McBearface said:

An obvious pattern is that they tend to spend a couple of months and about 100-150 posts trying to fit in (including bashing BTL) and then they move to an 'influence' phase which often is followed pretty quickly by them acting out in some daft way and getting slapped with a ban. Not every leveraged portfolio landlord is a witless cretin but I think that probably the witless cretins are strongly represented within the subset of leveraged landlords who reckon the way to influence the UK property market is to try to influence the conversation here on HPC. Tactically, that approach makes as much sense to me as early Christians responding to the Romans feeding them to lions by smearing themselves with gravy and voluntarily proselytising to the lions*. Takes all sorts to make a world I guess.

I dont know. Mormons and wolverines seem perfectly matched.

1 hour ago, Calcutta said:

"Just wait till there's a dislike button, I show these ******* whose boss." 

Christmas came early for this chump, 2018 is NOT going to be his year.

1 hour ago, Beary McBearface said:

33354853460632173_L6eJBHvt_f.jpg

4 hours ago, Ah-so said:

Dealt with? 

Sounds like a line from a Scorcese film. 

They made him an offer he can't dislike.

3 minutes ago, Lambie said:

....so can anyone can enable like/dislike at will or only special people?;)

1 minute ago, winkie said:

....so can anyone can enable like/dislike at will or only special people?;)

I think we all had it for a brief while - mods said it was activated in error.

Perhaps it was an experiment to see if we deserve nice things, with predictable and obvious results.

12 minutes ago, Errol said:

Just found out I have 80-something notifications from muddlehead as well. Wtf is going on?

I don't think that muddledhead realised that his down votes would be visible to others when he commenced his campaign. So he spent time trawling this site for posts to downvote before he was removed and the feature disabled. 

Up until now he displayed the slightly more sophisticated troll behaviour of establishing his credentials before sowing seeds of doubt. However, not a first rate troll - he got found out.

6 hours ago, Lambie said:

:lol::lol::lol:

I got a notification but the feature was gone before i could find out if it was a like or dislike 

15 hours ago, Calcutta said:

Imagine being stuck in the estate agents office on a Friday night, so bored and desparate you notice when a random online forum enables a like feature and you can dish out your vengeance. 

Hehe!

4 hours ago, Lavalas said:

Yeah I would have liked the hell out of that comment if we only had the functionality.

:lol:

I am perfectly content with the knowledge of a job well done.

On 23/12/2017 at 9:11 AM, Ah-so said:

Dealt with? 

Sounds like a line from a Scorcese film. 

On 23/12/2017 at 2:00 PM, Lambie said:

:lol:  Truly brilliant witty response, in all the circumstances.

I missed the action on the day with Likes & Dislikes.  30 odd notifications re Muddlehead when I did log in - but it had all been turned-off; I assume they were Dislikes.

Of course that Like/Dislike won't work when it's already 'a joy' for BTLers and HPIers at work on HPC.