House Price Crash Forum

Sellers withdraw from the market

HOLA441
9 hours ago, azal777 said:

Nice try regarding s24, i know the gvt would make moves on landlords 5 years ago when all the money starting moving from unproductive bank interest rates into houses. They must have been wringing their hands waiting to snare them with such a decree. I don’t trust the gvt in any way shape or form so already covered my base on that thanks.

I'm sure that you think you've "covered your base" on Section 24, yes.

Edited by mrtickle

HOLA442
12 hours ago, mrtickle said:

I'm sure that you think you've "covered your base" on Section 24, yes.

Biggest/immediate threat to BTL from S24 is to those in denial or simply ignorant of it. Like most things in life, the earlier you know about a problem the more you can do about it.

This next tax year might be interesting but I'm not sure that leveraged BTL will really get the message until the sliding relief has gone.

HOLA443
23 hours ago, azal777 said:

I own a massive portfolio of 3, I like to have only what is manageable, one of which was a firmer home.

funded by saving up and doing nothing for 10 years from 1996-2006. Not a fun life style but means to an end, surprising what you can save when you go nowhere and do nothing, more ppl should try it.

Don't be a twit. I'll bet I've saved a hell of a lot more money than you. Some of us have more scruples than to go into people farming though.

HOLA444
On 07/12/2017 at 11:15 AM, azal777 said:

I own a massive portfolio of 3, I like to have only what is manageable, one of which was a firmer home.

funded by saving up and doing nothing for 10 years from 1996-2006. Not a fun life style but means to an end, surprising what you can save when you go nowhere and do nothing, more ppl should try it.

Cheers - saving up to pay cash for three houses is a lot of saving for sure.

HOLA445