House Price Crash Forum

They just wont stop....

TheCountOfNowhere

HOLA441
51 minutes ago, GeordieAndy said:

No not really changed anything because of what local house prices are doing but I am not one for material possessions etc and HATE shopping, branded goods (except trainers) , shop at Aldi / Lidl the majority of the time, drive a 5 year old van and as we would need to sell and probably move outside of UK to realise any of those paper gains.

I have done the same before though as we bought our first place in 2003, sold that just before the peak and took money out of UK in 2006 as I thought house prices were crazy then. We then rented when coming back to UK when starting our family, bought a repo house 2009 ish when we had child #2 to give us some stability when no one else was buying, sold that to rent in another area and then finally bought the current family home 5 years ago. As someone else posted above we couldn't afford to buy the current house we are in now so don't regret buying it as we have had a great family home for 5 years, knocked several thousand pound off the mortgage and have enough of a buffer to withstand most shocks I think.

I come on here to read about all sorts not just house prices such as the bitcoin, tech news, current affairs etc as I genuinely think HPC has some really great members and content but very rarely post these days as people like you jump on anyone with an alternative view to your own and I have better things to do than start several threads per day or waste my time with the likes of you. 

Also to reiterate, I don't agree with people having second homes, I don't agree with property speculators, the Government and Bank of England kicking the can down the road but at some point you have to do what's right for YOU and if you have children especially them in terms of providing stability at school etc. 

I am not here to convince anyone anything - I'm here for the intelligent, reasoned debate and to listen as well as provide alternative views but that's something you clearly don't do hence throwing insults when someone might actually have a point. 

Sounds like you have done very well.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

It really is depressing. The removal of stamp duty will definitely stimulate a short term pick up in prices, but that isnt what bothers me. Its the general mentality and the horrible feeling i will be made to pay for another greedy persons free lunch. On the positive side, at least the governments priorities are clear and the objective in my mind now is wealth preservation. 

HOLA443
6 minutes ago, nothernsoul said:

It really is depressing. The removal of stamp duty will definitely stimulate a short term pick up in prices, but that isnt what bothers me. Its the general mentality and the horrible feeling i will be made to pay for another greedy persons free lunch. On the positive side, at least the governments priorities are clear and the objective in my mind now is wealth preservation. 

it' looking more serious than just wealth preservation now. Still, the elites have their underground city in Denver to look forward to.

HOLA444
1 hour ago, thewig said:

my mate phoned me yesterday out of the blue, pretty smart guy, been an engineering contractor for the past decade or so, oil and gas and offshore whatever, raked it in, sat on a pile of cashmoney in the bank, he's a bit plotless, wondering what the point of it all is. I guess when you do everything you are programmed to do from school , keep your head down work hard etc. only to see the value of the money you earn become worthless as house prices are pumped out of your reach, it makes you think "WHAT THE F*CK IS THE POINT"

not long now surely...

This is it exactly what's wrong-people have been spending the past few years on good jobs but living like students. Soon the pennt will drop that they are being screwed and that a better life here isn't coming. They look to their mates, some in better jobs, who are also living like students. It won't be long before a few people throw in the towel and bugger off. When these people tell their mates of the living standards elsewhere, they will do the same. 

HOLA445
Just now, UnconventionalWisdom said:

This is it exactly what's wrong-people have been spending the past few years on good jobs but living like students. Soon the pennt will drop that they are being screwed and that a better life here isn't coming. They look to their mates, some in better jobs, who are also living like students. It won't be long before a few people throw in the towel and bugger off. When these people tell their mates of the living standards elsewhere, they will do the same. 

the question is - where is elsewhere?

I've no doubt we are insular islanders on the whole here, hard to avoid I guess but means we can be told pretty much anything by the #vileBBC and will just swallow it whole and say thankyou

HOLA446
12 minutes ago, Maynardgravy said:

it' looking more serious than just wealth preservation now. Still, the elites have their underground city in Denver to look forward to.

I thought that the Libertarian cranks were all planning to live together on a floating city somewhere off Tahiti?

02.jpg

HOLA447

I am done. Accepted a job teaching in Malaysia, free accommodation and free school places for the kids, slightly better salary than here, but overall due to accommodation I make a gigantic saving.

No more whiny parents, ridiculous amounts of time on emails, and responding to the latest management initiative. My productivity will be far greater.

I can't wait anymore for this house of cards to collapse, it definitely will but not for me to wait.

UK is a bloody mess.

HOLA448
8 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

What are the fine people of HPC going to do now ?

The sort of place we want to live can be had for £250k in a number of places we like overseas but is £500k here. The difference between the two is about a grand a month in dividend income give or take. That's a very sobering thought. 

Bye bye UK is probably the answer if nothing has changed in a couple of years. I would continue to work over here for 6-9 months a year and go "home" every couple of weeks for the weekend for a few years. It has worked very well for some friends who bought in France over 10 years ago. Me & the other half are very self contained, we are happy with it being just the 2 of us most of the time. We love living in the countryside away from neighbours with space, which we have now but is very hard to find here.

Edited by disenfranchised

HOLA449
4 minutes ago, thewig said:

the question is - where is elsewhere?

I've no doubt we are insular islanders on the whole here, hard to avoid I guess but means we can be told pretty much anything by the #vileBBC and will just swallow it whole and say thankyou

I lived in South Korea for a year and spent a bit of time in Japan. Taught English, no tefl needed-just a degree to get the visa. Free flat and £13k (that was 8 years ago). Cost of living is so much less. 

I'm also doing online German lessons with lingoda.com. Mist of my German teachers teach from cool places whenever they want with no fixed time. They get 11eur an hours- depending on where they live, this could go a long way. 

HOLA4410
9 minutes ago, UnconventionalWisdom said:

free digs round mine , cooked meal washing done and you get to see your cash erode in real time.   

HOLA4411
6 minutes ago, mathschoc said:

I am done. Accepted a job teaching in Malaysia, free accommodation and free school places for the kids, slightly better salary than here, but overall due to accommodation I make a gigantic saving.

No more whiny parents, ridiculous amounts of time on emails, and responding to the latest management initiative. My productivity will be far greater.

I can't wait anymore for this house of cards to collapse, it definitely will but not for me to wait.

UK is a bloody mess.

Good on you, best of luck. ****** the boomers and their people farming retirement plans

HOLA4412
2 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

MODS ?

I knew this thread would pull the trolls out the woodwork, you cant help yoursleves.  You fall for it every time.

Why are you here, are things that bad that you have to come onto some tony website and try and convince the casual brower that we are talking **** and housing is for winners ?

Sad, desperate and scared.

I hate to think how many of you will turn up when a real collapse hits.

Crikey, I genuinely only saw the 'MODS?' bit of this earlier. I commented on this thread to - politely - defend GeordieAndy, who you were quite rude to. You seem to think that his count of 'only' 200 odd posts means his opinion doesn't count, and the fact that he owns a house means he's the spawn of Satan. In response you've called me a troll too.

Screaming troll at anyone who has a slightly different viewpoint is juvenile - it just drives away newbies and fosters an intellectual monoculture. What's the point of creating a post on a discussion forum if you only want people to agree with you? If you want to own this site then buy it. 

Right, I feel in my 17 posts I've achieved the main two HPC goals of having a long, detailed discussion with Venger and being called a troll by the Count of Nowhere. I can hold my head up high in the office - maybe Mr. Putin will promote me to spamming the Daily Mail website. 

HOLA4413
8 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

After the NR collapsed there was a poster or two on here saying....the government will not let house prices fall at any cost.

We all laughed.

Now house prices south of Birmingham are 50%+ above 2007 levels despite peoples incomes hardly changing.

Interest rates are STILL 0.5%

They magic up money to lend to young people on 40 year mortgages.

The £ is thrashed.

Pensions are worthless

Immigration is still massive

The 2007 posters ( trolls they were ) were actually right.  They have thrown everything to not only stop house prices falling but to make them even less affordable.

Any pretense that they will do the "right thing" any day now is long gone.

This is only going to go one way now, a currency crisis and got knows what.

What are the fine people of HPC going to do now ?

I'm off soon,  we refuse to be part of this madness any more.  My taxes are being abused, my children have no future here.

Has anyone else had enough ?

Yep. Had enough and extremely angry. There is no future here.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
7 hours ago, Gribble said:

Lev,  I totally agree that the £ still has a long way to crash against the Euro. It surprises me when people think (and there are many) that £ will go up against other currencies. Currencies do NOT revert to some long/medium term mean value; they ,move in long term trends. Look at DM/Euro against £ over 40 years.  Yes Europe has problems but look at our debt, trade balance, etc

Yep well put Gribble I remember being told by my parents a list of European countries not to visit because they were so expensive in the 70s and early 80s. North Sea oil changed that but it’s gone now and it was masking a serious trade imbalance. 

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
10 minutes ago, mathschoc said:

UK is a bloody mess.

Good on you. It's also great to be free and if you are not happy after a year, you can move on. South Korea/Japan offer great benefits, but I've heard that Taiwan is the place most people head to and stay for years. 

HOLA4418
7 hours ago, Calcutta said:

The crash is coming, everybody knows it, it's been an odds on certainty since June 2016.

The debt is rocketing 1.7 trillion and growth is slowing.. I don’t know where it ends.. it can’t be good..

but how long can they keep it going for? 

I just don’t get it.. something has got to go wrong surely.. 

homeless up

foodbanks up

debt up

where’s the red line.. ? What point do riots break out and JD sport lose all their trainers.. ?

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
46 minutes ago, UnconventionalWisdom said:

I lived in South Korea for a year and spent a bit of time in Japan. Taught English, no tefl needed-just a degree to get the visa. Free flat and £13k (that was 8 years ago). Cost of living is so much less. 

I'm also doing online German lessons with lingoda.com. Mist of my German teachers teach from cool places whenever they want with no fixed time. They get 11eur an hours- depending on where they live, this could go a long way. 

Get out of the UK and explore other possibilities. Waiting for HPC is a fruitless task, and once you make the jump you'll realise there's so much more out there.

I'm sitting in a Portuguese campsite in my motorhome. Monthly rent £240 with showers, electricity, wifi, etc. When I factor in what I paid for services in the UK my rent here is essentially zero. Plenty of places all around for the same money and open all year. Some motorhomes are nicer than many houses too (mine isn't lol, meh). My dog is £45 of that total too.

Edited by honkydonkey

HOLA4421
15 minutes ago, macca13 said:

The debt is rocketing 1.7 trillion and growth is slowing.. I don’t know where it ends.. it can’t be good..

but how long can they keep it going for? 

I just don’t get it.. something has got to go wrong surely.. 

homeless up

foodbanks up

debt up

where’s the red line.. ? What point do riots break out and JD sport lose all their trainers.. ?

People don't riot anymore.

They tweet.

HOLA4422
9 minutes ago, honkydonkey said:

Get out of the UK and explore other possibilities. Waiting for HPC is a fruitless task, and once you make the jump you'll realise there's so much more out there.

I'm sitting in a Portuguese campsite in my motorhome. Monthly rent £240 with showers, electricity, wifi, etc. When I factor in what I paid for services in the UK my rent here is essentially zero. Plenty of places all around for the same money and open all year. Some motorhomes are nicer than many houses too (mine isn't lol, meh). My dog is £45 of that total too.

We're all on hpc because we don't trust tptb and don't believe in the system of debt slavery, but moving abroad can concrete those feelings. It's great to see that not everywhere screws over it's young people. 

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
33 minutes ago, deadasadodo said:

Crikey, I genuinely only saw the 'MODS?' bit of this earlier. I commented on this thread to - politely - defend GeordieAndy, who you were quite rude to. You seem to think that his count of 'only' 200 odd posts means his opinion doesn't count, and the fact that he owns a house means he's the spawn of Satan. In response you've called me a troll too.

Screaming troll at anyone who has a slightly different viewpoint is juvenile - it just drives away newbies and fosters an intellectual monoculture. What's the point of creating a post on a discussion forum if you only want people to agree with you?

What do you expect when low post count members on housepriceCRASH.co.uk say that they gave up and bought into a bubble, keeping the high prices afloat. Surely a major backlash is to be expected. 

By buying within the past 5 years you are greatly contributing to the madness of it all, fuelling the fire of asset bubble increases, thank you for all your contributions everyone. Impressive that GeordieAndy doesn't believe in property speculation yet timed the market perfectly not once but THREE times within 10 years.

The last place I'd be as a recent home owner would be this forum, unless I was looking for some kind of validation/justification for the biggest desperate gamble of my life, when everything else in the economy is turning to...

HOLA4425
5 hours ago, W11 said:

Tory self serving filth.  Neolib vermin.

Since when has it been anything different?!!  The ruling elite's snouts in the trough whilst the great unwashed eat cake.

Option 1 - stand about shellshocked wondering wtf has gone wrong (sold out by complete traitor self serving sub filth)

Option 2 - play these *****s at their own game.   Tune in and dropping out order of the day.  Or burning Parliament out.. 

Pitch forks and gunpowder work. Hammond head would be then first onmthe stake outside Parliament. Watching the Gunpowder plot its plain to see nothing has changed.