House Price Crash Forum

Asteroid .... or Something Else ?

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

If I was designing a star-cruiser it would be long and sleek like that, and not have lots of large sticky-out-bits, like Enterprise (say).  But I would paint it yellow, perhaps with stripes.

Anyway, It certainly makes our own interstellar probe, Voyager, look a bit puny.

HOLA445
8 hours ago, dgul said:

If I was designing a star-cruiser it would be long and sleek like that, and not have lots of large sticky-out-bits, like Enterprise (say).  But I would paint it yellow, perhaps with stripes.

Anyway, It certainly makes our own interstellar probe, Voyager, look a bit puny.

Why? It doesn't need to be aerodynamic. It could be in the the shape of a giant karzie for all it matters.

HOLA446
30 minutes ago, Maynardgravy said:

Why? It doesn't need to be aerodynamic. It could be in the the shape of a giant karzie for all it matters.

Over many light years erosion by interstellar dust would have a measurable effect at high speed (probably need to be going a lot faster than this thing is though). See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breakthrough_Starshot  - they expect some would be lost due to it.

HOLA447
1 hour ago, Riedquat said:

Over many light years erosion by interstellar dust would have a measurable effect at high speed (probably need to be going a lot faster than this thing is though). See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breakthrough_Starshot  - they expect some would be lost due to it.

Interesting enough.

If you like hard sci-fi that deals with this kind of thing you should check out Tau-Zero by Paul Anderson

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
3 hours ago, Riedquat said:

Over many light years erosion by interstellar dust would have a measurable effect at high speed (probably need to be going a lot faster than this thing is though). 

Only on materials and technologies that we are familiar with. Who knows what substances and shielding the Aliens have access to?

HOLA4411
25 minutes ago, Riedquat said:

What, make them Leave? :D

Basically yes :)

If I was so enamored of Europe I would go and live there. My guess is that wasting your time making god knows how many posts a day on websites is far more damaging to your business prospects than leaving the EU. Edit : "Your" doesn't refer to you specifically RQ.

Archived