HOLA441
  • Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

Ive posted this elsewhere, and Im posting it again here. Ive had enough of the talk.

Whatever policies the govt come up with the crash is happening anyway right? Right? I'm getting impatient. Tweaks or no tweaks, its either on or it isn't. Problem is, there are many alternatives to a crash. Can they manage to engineer what they want? What do they want? So many issues, I'm just banking on the crash. Back to 3.5 * individual salary. Soon. 

Direct action is going to be necessary if these numpties keep on manufacturing inequality

HOLA445
12 minutes ago, iamnumerate said:

At least she wants to more than Blair did.

...but only because high house prices are becoming a net vote-loser, not out of any sudden discovery of social conscience or notion of the greater good. A bit like their mealy-mouthed 'Britain That Works for Everyone' tripe, itself an extension of the 'Big Society' tripe that preceded it. Distraction nonsense for the proles, so the financiers can continue sucking the life out of the place with their usurious debt saturation.

So let's not forget who and when started this unholy housing mess 38 years ago.

The Tories are, always have been and always will be the party of the banker and the privileged property owner.

Edited by zilly

HOLA446
HOLA447
1 minute ago, zilly said:

...but only because high house prices are becoming a net vote-loser, not out of any sudden discovery of social conscience or notion of the greater good.

I don't agree with all you say, but this bit I do.  Then again it is a bit like comparing someone who runs over and shuts at you and one who say sorry.  The difference is not that great.

HOLA448
Just now, Social Justice League said:

Not everyone want's to "buy" a house and be a debt slave.

Many, many people only want a reasonable place to rent, at a reasonable price with a 99 year let, like in Europe.

The UK is obsessed with taking out mortgages and being in debt to scum banks forever.

My aim when I took out a mortgage was not to be put in debt forever.  I hope that my grandchildren think of 25 year mortgages as unbelievably long.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Every five years whoever is in power discovers housing is a big issue and promises to do something about it. But since the Barker Report in 2004 (key message: build more houses) it's just been lip service with the occasional price-increasing 'help to...' scheme.

This will be the same. Some nice sounding promises but housing essentially kicked into the long grass for the next government to pick up.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
1 hour ago, zilly said:

...but only because high house prices are becoming a net vote-loser, not out of any sudden discovery of social conscience or notion of the greater good. A bit like their mealy-mouthed 'Britain That Works for Everyone' tripe, itself an extension of the 'Big Society' tripe that preceded it. Distraction nonsense for the proles, so the financiers can continue sucking the life out of the place with their usurious debt saturation.

So let's not forget who and when started this unholy housing mess 38 years ago.

The Tories are, always have been and always will be the party of the banker and the privileged property owner.

+1

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

Wrong, Blair & Brown were responsible for the current housing bubble. Cameron & Osborne acknowledged "Labour's housing bubble" and promised to sort it, but chickened out and inflated it some more. Cameron lost the plot with the Brexit referendum and now we have May. Even Corbyn might be better than that shower!

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

When was the last time any government built a house......they don't build houses, they don't build anything, it takes so long for anything to be done......private companies only build things if they can make money from it, people who are priced out can't pay the price the builders need to be profitable......stale mate, nothing gets done.;)