Sign in to follow this  
Jazzman

Tips for Buyers

20 hours ago, btd1981 said:

Good luck with that guys. May be where we are in the Midlands, but 10% under asking is practically laughed at around here and the houses we have gone for have had above asking competition, which is a PITA

Midlands is (are?) not as frothy so it might not be as obvious even in a serious downturn. However, a lot of investors and buyers have been focusing elsewhere in a chase for better yield and more affordable homes so we've seem prices increases in places like Manchester. Wales may be less affected since prices remain more affordable.

On 13/11/2017 at 10:09 PM, btd1981 said:

Good luck with that guys. May be where we are in the Midlands, but 10% under asking is practically laughed at around here and the houses we have gone for have had above asking competition, which is a PITA

Don't take this the wrong way, but You sound just like a creepy desperate estate agent trying to convince some mug to offer full price on a house they know is worth a fraction of what they are asking. 

Any links for us to have a look at? 

Something just doesn't ring true

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/231618-asking-prices-are-27-or-£84k-above-average-selling-prices/

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

16 hours ago, Venger said:

:lol:

It's actually a good post - in dark moments I may have considered something so underhand (vs the HPI) - I don't want to position that way to buy a house. 

It's not very ethical.  Reminds me of that trader who places lots of false pre-orders before cancelling at last moment - or something (recently been up on charges in the US) to try and manipulate things (although wider market in that instance).

As I recall it you were an EA during/after University for a little while, before your studies (ACA) - I'm neutral on Estate Agents - they are just doing their job.  Freemarket between buyers and sellers to agree price to transact upon.  No one has been dragging people to viewings.

It is very naughty but often the pain can be shared in the chain. 

I actually got out of EA because i was surrounded by d!cks. I liked the job though, driving around, meeting people, seeing around houses etc. Didn't really consider it work tbh.

On ‎13‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 11:13 PM, adarmo said:

For all their bad press a good estate agent is a real gem and ultimately they don't really care about high or low prices, only transactions.

Good to hear that from the inside - Has always been my stance and is true in most sales roles

11 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Don't take this the wrong way, but You sound just like a creepy desperate estate agent trying to convince some mug to offer full price on a house they know is worth a fraction of what they are asking. 

Any links for us to have a look at? 

Something just doesn't ring true

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/231618-asking-prices-are-27-or-£84k-above-average-selling-prices/

Oh damn, you got me!

31 minutes ago, Greg Bowman said:

Good to hear that from the inside - Has always been my stance and is true in most sales roles

Selling is all about being trustful and honest, people don't generally buy from dishonest liers........never get a second chance to make a good first impression.

Only as strong as the weakest link.;)

28 minutes ago, winkie said:

Selling is all about being trustful and honest, people don't generally buy from dishonest liers........never get a second chance to make a good first impression.

Only as strong as the weakest link.;)

This is true. In an industry riddled with arseholes, the few good ones are invaluable. 

Are you saying this is the time to buy? Before brexit? Some people have patiently waited 10+ years for some meaningful crash but as some indices show it falling (most still show it as rising) now is the time. 

Can we experiment by putting in fictitious offers 40% below. We can then gauge this. If you do get a 40% offer excepted here in Essex I would recommend attempting to get the mortgage together and push it though!