HOLA441
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
4 minutes ago, insertcoinstocontinue said:

BBC have have a massive errection about these new phones. I was told about it over my cornflakes. How that is news I don't know 

Why the so called BBC provide advertising for large corporations is just beyond me.  The best I can come up with is they have to fill their pages/screens with something as they no longer do journalism.

HOLA445
22 minutes ago, wish I could afford one said:

Yawn...

My old PAYG phone still works as a phone so I think I'll just stick with that.  Just can't see how a bionic chip, glass body design, end to end screen or wireless charging will help me improve my quality of life.

Oh and it has facial recognition.  Now that makes all the difference...  NOT.

I think I'll keep my £1,000.

HOLA446
HOLA447

In the interests of looking highly cool and wealthy in front of people I don't know, I'm just about to trash my trusty £30 four year old Chinese smartphone (currently on uber cheap payg tariff) for the brand new iPhone 8. Because as most people know, one is a phone whilst the other, that costs circa £1000, is...er....er...a very pretty phone.

That justifies the spend! 

HOLA448
HOLA449
4 minutes ago, Princekie said:

In the interests of looking highly cool and wealthy in front of people I don't know, I'm just about to trash my trusty £30 four year old Chinese smartphone (currently on uber cheap payg tariff) for the brand new iPhone 8. Because as most people know, one is a phone whilst the other, that costs circa £1000, is...er....er...a very pretty phone.

That justifies the spend! 

I'm quite happy being the grey man on the High Street.

HOLA4410
1 minute ago, wish I could afford one said:

I'm quite happy being the grey man on the High Street.

No mate.

You want to take out a loan and buy that new iPhone 8. Everyone will look at you with the utmost envy! It even has touchscreen, and it works just like a smartphone. But it's not!

I'm just about to spend a good chunk of my monthly wedge so people will see me with it and think I'm rich...tally ho!

HOLA4411
1 minute ago, Princekie said:

No mate.

You want to take out a loan and buy that new iPhone 8. Everyone will look at you with the utmost envy! It even has touchscreen, and it works just like a smartphone. But it's not!

I'm just about to spend a good chunk of my monthly wedge so people will see me with it and think I'm rich...tally ho!

You've almost tempted me.  Are you a salesman or something?

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Seeing the price of the iPhone X ($1000!!!) has been a bit of a wake-up call for me. I'm determined to make my current phone last as long as possible and then buy a cheap android device. I'm going to rediscover saving :-)

I lived really frugally a few years ago (make do and mend etc) and they were probably the happiest years of my life. I've gradually been slipping back into consumerism since then. Time to get back to my old ways! 

HOLA4416
1 minute ago, oatbake said:

Seeing the price of the iPhone X ($1000!!!) has been a bit of a wake-up call for me. I'm determined to make my current phone last as long as possible and then buy a cheap android device. I'm going to rediscover saving :-)

I lived really frugally a few years ago (make do and mend etc) and they were probably the happiest years of my life. I've gradually been slipping back into consumerism since then. Time to get back to my old ways! 

Quality of Live over Standard of Living any day.  Good luck with rediscovering what's important. 

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
1 hour ago, Princekie said:

No mate.

Nah, with interest rates and 40 year loans it will be like £1 a month. Bargin!

HOLA4422

I would never actually buy an Iphone, but I have to say, I love it as an investment. It's an amazing business when you consider that despite wages stagnating against inflation, Iphone users will still always upgrade to the latest model. The only thing that annoys me about Apple is that they aren't quite aggressive enough in raising prices. 

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
1 hour ago, leonardratso said:

you guys dont know what your talking about, think of the extra flesh you can see on a wrap round screen over a crappy old smart phone while watching pron.

House of mirrors pron is up and co...

HOLA4425
29 minutes ago, nnails said:

I really don't like the idea of walking around with 1k in my pocket

I have house insurance coverage for £7k of belongings 'outside the house' as if my wife and i were mugged of our engagement/wedding rings, phones and a laptop that would be the cost to replace as new. I dont believe it add much to my house insurance, a years cover is usually £80-£120 depending on deals available at renewal time.

I do agree with you. Its becoming a ridiculous value to carry around. Particularly strikes me when i see young kids abusing brand new ipads when they could just as easily have a kindle fire for 35 quid.

Archived