House Price Crash Forum

On a scale 1 to 10

HOLA441

How angry are you with the present housing situation in the UK today, however you personaly see it from your own perspective, 10 being the most angriest

8 (but can hit a 10 on a bad day)

HOLA442

I think it's f'ing awesome, hundreds of thousands of people harder working and better off than me are about to have their trousers pulled down and be left used and abused trying to pay for their tacky BIG LETTERS and IKEA crap to be put in storage while they camp out in doorways, while I make obscene offers on their former properties and see just how far EAs will go down the road to prostitution just to their hands on the cash.

HOLA443
4 minutes ago, Calcutta said:

I think it's f'ing awesome, hundreds of thousands of people harder working and better off than me are about to have their trousers pulled down and be left used and abused trying to pay for their tacky BIG LETTERS and IKEA crap to be put in storage while they camp out in doorways, while I make obscene offers on their former properties and see just how far EAs will go down the road to prostitution just to their hands on the cash.

That's the spirit. The bigger the bubble, the deeper the crash that will inevitably follow it.

HOLA444
HOLA445
12 minutes ago, Calcutta said:

Yeah, feel ok about it for now. Although I do not rule out some other horror on the horizon coming to prop it up.

HOLA446
HOLA447

Bitter. Very f**king bitter. I work hard. Been promoted. Earn decent money. I don't have an expensive iPhone, I run around in a non-financed car and I'm not in debt. 

I've had Agents try to play me. "We've had another offer", " The vendor won't accept that offer", "The price is right for the area"... yadda yadda yadda.

And you know what? I don't expect the Earth. I don't expect a palace. I just want to live somewhere that doesn't require a win on the pools to pay for, or somewhere which doesn't require me having to work until I'm 105 to pay the mortgage.

I don't want to spend a shitload of my hard-earned cash on some Boomers £2000 dilapidated wreck that last saw an Electrician when Harold McMillan was telling the Boomers how they'd " Never had it so good ".

I just want a half decent roof over my head, at a reasonable price. The temptation to follow in The Count's footsteps is very tempting right now. So my bitterness is off the scale.

HOLA448
41 minutes ago, wotsthat said:

How angry are you with the present housing situation in the UK today, however you personaly see it from your own perspective, 10 being the most angriest

8 (but can hit a 10 on a bad day)

0 could not give a fig anymore

I welcome my demise now too much hard work, your life is akin to standing in the m25 and wondering which Fokker is going to hit you next with something.

Life used to be easy now every Fokker wants a piece ! price per month debt forever.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
2 minutes ago, nothernsoul said:

8.5 As other posters have mentioned, anger isnt from the ridiculous prices perse, but the props used to keep the whole thing up, the fact that they have and will see people who havent gorged on mortgage debt as collateral damage.

Carney 

Blair 

Brown 

Osbourne 

Cameron

Hammond  and their types 

Need removing from society then you will get fairness

HOLA4411

Probably a 6 thanks to reading 'f*ck it' book a few years ago, without that around a 20.... and probably a prison sentence! 

depends on how you have coped with the situation. 

as with most things out of your control you adapt and cope best you can. life finds a way.

i'm tired of being angry though, its bad for the soul. Just do your best, its out of your control. If i had kids though, i would be stressful not being able to rent the smallest property available so they can have a garden etc.  

i can accept prices as they are (outside of the south-east at least), but i dont really like dumb-chancers BTL getting away with their crazy bets (for now). But life is not fair. 

In life you win some you loose some, thanks to this website amongst others i got involved with bitcoin, and learnt a heck of a lot through personal finance blogs on here. I dont think the housing situation will be the same as it is now in 20 years time, however i do think what i have learnt will pay itself back 10 fold. all a bit of a baptism of fire. But im not 30 yet, i feel i have some time in my life to get over the housing crisis.

I might not feel the same at 40 or 50. 

Edited by jiltedjen

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Pretty angry, reaching 40, worked since age of 16, 100% attendance at work, not a penny in any form of benefit, paid off student loans early, so pretty fu**** off that I can't put a permanent roof over my families head. 

Work my ass off like a complete tw*t so that my children grow up knowing that I don't bunk or scam. Not a great message for them though , work hard= get f*** all

Edited by mathschoc

HOLA4417

you guys need to redirect that anger, i gave up being angry years back, i spend all my time claiming overtime now and not doing any work at all at work, ive gotten away with it for years. It will probably kill me in the end. Takes real ingenuity and lots of hard graft to avoid doing any work but make it look like im doing loads. It helps that everyone is dumb as f*ck on the whole and you quickly glass them over with BS.

HOLA4418
2 minutes ago, leonardratso said:

you guys need to redirect that anger, i gave up being angry years back, i spend all my time claiming overtime now and not doing any work at all at work, ive gotten away with it for years. It will probably kill me in the end. Takes real ingenuity and lots of hard graft to avoid doing any work but make it look like im doing loads. It helps that everyone is dumb as f*ck on the whole and you quickly glass them over with BS.

Any jobs going:)

HOLA4419
3 minutes ago, doomed said:

Any jobs going:)

there are actually, they are on a continual rampage. I was with them when the well was dry and they were massively laying off, then they got lucky one year.

Its like watching a lotto winner who never had any money and then suddenly has too much, they spunk it away on pure shoite until theres none left. I sit back and watch (eating popcorn and chewing bubble gum).

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
1 hour ago, Calcutta said:

You win the internet today buddy. Take the rest of the day off!

HOLA4423
30 minutes ago, Princekie said:

Can I have a job Ratso? Skilled Senior Machinist, usually work 60-72 hours a week, seeks much easier job where I get paid decent money and don't have to do much....

wow, machinist eh? i didnt realise there were any left in this country. My dad was one, he saw the writing on the wall back in the late 80's when they tried to lay him off, managed to hold on and went into supervision/man management, strung it out another few years then was finally made redundant. By all accounts he was very skilled i heard,  i could see that anyway from what he'd managed to erm borrow from work and do at home, built his own laithe using a 3 speed honda 90 gearbox as the transfer box from the motor to the chuck, worked well as well.

I remember when he died i thought all that skill and experience gone in a puff - blam - gone, and yet his firm didnt care, wasnt willing to use it and pay for it, would rather outsource it to china, all about economics i suppose, no doubt everyone was doing it and they wouldnt be able to compete otherwise, but hey what goes around comes around (eventually).

HOLA4424

I agree with some of the others - no point in being angry, it won't achieve anything.

I've started to see our money as something closer to monopoly money. House prices make so much more sense now. The wealth tied up in housing is imaginary and so many people I know don't have a clue / don't want to know.

My goal is to be educated as I can be and to teach my kids to be self sufficient. I didn't really learn this from my folks so have a lot of catching up to do!

HOLA4425
23 minutes ago, Glental said:

I agree with some of the others - no point in being angry, it won't achieve anything.

I've started to see our money as something closer to monopoly money. House prices make so much more sense now. The wealth tied up in housing is imaginary and so many people I know don't have a clue / don't want to know.

My goal is to be educated as I can be and to teach my kids to be self sufficient. I didn't really learn this from my folks so have a lot of catching up to do!

+1.

its Get The Skills