House Price Crash Forum

should i feel guilty

longgone

HOLA441

Ok guys  i have to admit i do like a good bit of banter with landlords on gumtree.

Should i feel bad negotiating discounts on long term lettings or arranging viewings and then sometimes never turning up my memory is quite bad nowadays. 

i mean landlordism is a stressful occupation so i feel i am doing them a service by keeping them on their toes and keeping the feel of the market at the forefront of their mind.

HOLA442
12 minutes ago, longgone said:

Ok guys  i have to admit i do like a good bit of banter with landlords on gumtree.

Should i feel bad negotiating discounts on long term lettings or arranging viewings and then sometimes never turning up my memory is quite bad nowadays. 

i mean landlordism is a stressful occupation so i feel i am doing them a service by keeping them on their toes and keeping the feel of the market at the forefront of their mind.

Hahaha

don't forget you could be landlord in future ;)

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
30 minutes ago, deadlyavenger said:

I love this ;)

What questions do you ask to sound convincing, and more importantly what questions to sound convincing when negotiating discounts on long term lettings or arranging viewings??

Asking for a "friend"

The old my friend lives in the road already and he pays and it`s a lovely road which i could afford to buy it  etc etc.

fake rich people love being called successful and enterprising having their bellies rubbed.  

multiple disruptions are quite hard to do mind you.

HOLA448
HOLA449
6 minutes ago, Calcutta said:

Turn up to some viewings, ask to use the bathroom, leave a massive stinking dump in there. Maybe in the sink if you're feeling festive.

Sink thing won't work. Any landlord worth their salt would just stick some twigs in the offending deposit and re-list it as having an original Damien Hirst in the bathroom. You'd be doing them a favour. Same goes for just smearing the place with your offering, but the claim would be that the crapper featured an "early mural by Chris Ofili". There is no way to defeat our landlord overlords. Accept your fate. Resistance is futile.

HOLA4410
4 minutes ago, Bland Unsight said:

Sink thing won't work. Any landlord worth their salt would just stick some twigs in the offending deposit and re-list it as having an original Damien Hirst in the bathroom. You'd be doing them a favour. Same goes for just smearing the place with your offering, but the claim would be that the crapper featured an "early mural by Chris Ofili". There is no way to defeat our landlord overlords. Accept your fate. Resistance is futile.

Book the viewings, use false names, don't turn up just cruise past laughing at him.

Whenever I see an EA in the street I've taken to pointing him out to the kids and telling them that by the end of October he'll be unemployed. 

If only we had Foxtons round here, I could shout the latest share price at them.

HOLA4411
22 minutes ago, Calcutta said:

Book the viewings, use false names, don't turn up just cruise past laughing at him.

Whenever I see an EA in the street I've taken to pointing him out to the kids and telling them that by the end of October he'll be unemployed. 

If only we had Foxtons round here, I could shout the latest share price at them.

you are getting into the spirit of things now.

catapults for the EA windows next.

it`s time for the plebs to have some fun  

HOLA4412