House Price Crash Forum

30% drop in oxfordshire...

HOLA441

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-59608288.html

17/08/2017,
  • Price changed: £475,000 Guide Price £400,000  
  • Brief Description changed: Guide Price £400,000 - £450,000. A charming detached stone cottage enjoying a sought after location in Old Kidlington approached via a pretty lane just off The Moors. The property is just a short walk from the church and village shops. The property offers potential for refurbishment and offers two large reception rooms, kitchen/... an...  
11/07/2017,
  • Price changed: Offers Over £500,000 £475,000  
24/05/2017,
  • Price changed: Guide Price £575,000 Offers Over £500,000  
08/05/2017,
  • Initial entry found. 
  • Brief Description changed: Property located A charming detached stone cottage enjoying a sought after location in Kidlington, Oxford Old Kidlington approached via a pretty lane just off The Moors. The property is just a short walk from the church and village shops. The property offers potential for refurbishment and offers two large reception rooms, kitchen/...  

You can see why the RM index is a load of baloney.

What's happening, where are the savvy buyers snapping these places up ?

HOLA442

I tell a lie, make it a 33% drop !!!

Was oringfally on at 600K !!!

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-46439586.htmlc

17/08/2017,
  • Price changed: Guide Price £475,000 £400,000  
  • Brief Description changed: Guide Price £400,000 - £450,000 A charming detached cottage situated in one of Kidlington's most sought after locations with accommodation over 3 floors and views towards St Mary's Church. The property enjoys an enclosed garden providing off-road parking and is set back from the road fronting onto a small lane with no onward c... r...  
11/07/2017,
  • Price changed: Offers in Excess of £500,000 Guide Price £475,000  
24/05/2017,
  • Price changed: Guide Price £575,000 Offers in Excess of £500,000  
24/03/2017,
  • Price changed: Guide Price £600,000 £575,000  
19/01/2017,
  • Initial entry found. 

•  

Reality starting to strike ?

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
19 minutes ago, Option5 said:

Or the estate agent wants it for a "friend"...........................no, sorry, that never happens.

Happened to me twice now.

Decent family homes, sold off to developers who built on the plot then sold off at insane profit.

Next time I'll go to the police.

HOLA449

I know this area well.  Kidlington resembles a northern seaside town with very odd yolocals, lots on benefits and streets filled with mobility scooters. The only plus side is its proximity to Oxford and its decent transport links. They finished building a new train station here in 2015 with direct links to London. Before the station was finished the btl brigade flocked here in the droves and [pushed prices up to stupid levels now most of them have fecked off people see it for what it really is, a dump...

My thought on the house is someones had a survey and its unearthed something dodgy.. but it could just be that its kidlington

HOLA4410

Everything in kidlington and Oxford starts high and gets dropped in price purely because of the amount of competition in for business. Summertown in North Oxford has 12 agents. A guy at work had his flat valued in Summertown at £500k and went with that agent the EA we used and recommend, according to him, massively undervalued his flat at £400k it ended up going for £400k...

HOLA4411
1 hour ago, Bruce Banner said:

My guess is that it's a probate sale and the solicitor has advised the beneficiaries to sell quickly.

Or  the beneficiaries have decided this for themselves, given that empty properties are a headache if empty for any length of time, esp. if none of them live nearby - garden to maintain, insurance, etc., and they soon look and feel forlorn and unloved, esp. if it drags on into winter, when the place has still got to be heated. 

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
5 hours ago, Mrs Bear said:

Or  the beneficiaries have decided this for themselves, given that empty properties are a headache if empty for any length of time, esp. if none of them live nearby - garden to maintain, insurance, etc., and they soon look and feel forlorn and unloved, esp. if it drags on into winter, when the place has still got to be heated. 

Quite.  The best time of year to buy is September/October when the desperation sets in - especially if the place is empty.

HOLA4416
7 hours ago, houseface2000 said:

I know this area well.  Kidlington resembles a northern seaside town with very odd yolocals, lots on benefits and streets filled with mobility scooters. The only plus side is its proximity to Oxford and its decent transport links. They finished building a new train station here in 2015 with direct links to London. Before the station was finished the btl brigade flocked here in the droves and [pushed prices up to stupid levels now most of them have fecked off people see it for what it really is, a dump...

My thought on the house is someones had a survey and its unearthed something dodgy.. but it could just be that its kidlington

Drove thru Kidlington once, looked like it was full of Chinese people. I don't hang about tho so maybe my blurry, wet, 90mph, shit there's a camera, shortcut first impression was well off.

HOLA4417
8 hours ago, Bruce Banner said:

My guess is that it's a probate sale and the solicitor has advised the beneficiaries to sell quickly.

Even allowing for getting a buyer with no chain now,they'll have spent 11 months on the market with interest running on their probate loan.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
20 minutes ago, houseface2000 said:

Full of Chinese lol you might get 1 coach a month if that weekday day time.

I was remembering a report I saw on BBC News - has it been exaggerated?

Chinese tourists are descending on an English village in search of "the true sense" of the UK, the BBC can reveal.

Residents were baffled by coaches of sightseers arriving in Kidlington, Oxfordshire and posing for photos in front gardens and against parked cars.

Chinese tourists are descending on an English village

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425
10 hours ago, getknk said:

yuck. what a crap house. London/Reading/Oxford, these three places houses  should be reduced by atleast 60% to make it atleast near affordable

...... true, but only needs to be affordable for those that want to live there.....like saying couldn't care a less how much that lump of gold costs because have no intention of ever buying it.;)