House Price Crash Forum

Is anyone else bored of North Korea already?

chronyx

HOLA441
  • Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
48 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

There are some things that a POTUS can do independently and I think military action is one of them, so yes, I believe so.

He has the power to possibly destroy mankind and the planet, but can't tinker with immigration policy?

Seriously?

HOLA443

25 minutes ago, monks said:

He has the power to possibly destroy mankind and the planet, but can't tinker with immigration policy?

Seriously?

I believe that's the way it works.

Consider a scenario of incoming missiles. A quick decision must be made, no time to consult Congress, judges wouldn't even know it was happening.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
9 hours ago, Bruce Banner said:

I believe that's the way it works.

Consider a scenario of incoming missiles. A quick decision must be made, no time to consult Congress, judges wouldn't even know it was happening.

He's commander in chief. The only sanction his staff have is to resign if they don't agree with his orders...

HOLA448
9 hours ago, Bruce Banner said:

I'm not sure they do. War involving US troops is not popular with voters, they would prefer that other countries fight wars and buy the weapons from them.

When did deep state ever care what the voters want?

All they need to do is control the narrative through the MSM. As mad as Kim may be, he's seen what surrendering your WMDs did for Saddam and Assad. Regime change brings is lots of lovely contracts for the petro-dollar.

HOLA449

It does seem quite unlikely that a nuclear war will kick off.

But I also agree Kim has been shouting for so long trying to get attention in a way his dad never did, that he will eventually have to do something.  I think there will be some sort of big change in NK in the next few years, hard to know exactly what the change will be though.

HOLA4410
3 hours ago, Maynardgravy said:

When did deep state ever care what the voters want?

All they need to do is control the narrative through the MSM. As mad as Kim may be, he's seen what surrendering your WMDs did for Saddam and Assad. Regime change brings is lots of lovely contracts for the petro-dollar.

How many countries has North Korea invaded in the last 25 years?

How many has the USA and UK intervened in militarily ?

Who are the real threat to global peace and security ?

HOLA4411

Trump is itching for an excuse to have a go at North Korea and doing his best to goad Kim into doing something to give him that excuse without China getting in the way (who probably wouldn't be too sad to see the back of Kim but really can't have the USA doing whatever it wants on their doorstep). Kim is very easily goaded, I wouldn't be surprised if he believes his own propaganda about how great he is and how strong North Korea is, and I also wouldn't be surprised if he's completely unable to deal with anyone not grovelling before him and agreeing with his every word.

HOLA4412
7 hours ago, stormymonday_2011 said:

How many countries has North Korea invaded in the last 25 years?

How many has the USA and UK intervened in militarily ?

Who are the real threat to global peace and security ?

Okay, that has a logic, but here's another angle: how many doors have drug dealers opened with a big red key? Does that then make the police a greater threat to national peace and security?

HOLA4413
3 hours ago, Sledgehead said:

Okay, that has a logic, but here's another angle: how many doors have drug dealers opened with a big red key? Does that then make the police a greater threat to national peace and security?

Depends if they're just making shit up and just planting the drugs or not.

HOLA4414
1 hour ago, Maynardgravy said:

Depends if they're just making shit up and just planting the drugs or not.

Sure, but who here is in a position to know one way or the other?

On the other hand, NK's behaviour is a matter of record.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
1 hour ago, Maynardgravy said:

All I know is the US (and us) made shit up about Syria and Iraq (amongst others). I go on form.

Well, Tony Blair presented patchy and sporadic intelligence about Iraq's weapons programs as indisputable fact. So not exactly 'us'.

Remind me again about Syria.

HOLA4417
1 hour ago, Sledgehead said:

Well, Tony Blair presented patchy and sporadic intelligence about Iraq's weapons programs as indisputable fact. So not exactly 'us'.

Remind me again about Syria.

We went to war based on fabricated evidence - I'm not being drawn into semantics, you know what I mean by 'us'.

Syria - the chemical weapons attack by Assad that was anything but: https://www.rt.com/news/study-challenges-syria-chemical-attack-681/

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-04-07/ex-uk-ambassador-syria-questions-chemical-attack-it-doesnt-make-sense-assad-not-mad

Again, I go on form - the US has a recent history littered with false flag operations - it's even documented in the declassified operation Northwoods.

HOLA4418
11 hours ago, Maynardgravy said:

We went to war based on fabricated evidence - I'm not being drawn into semantics, you know what I mean by 'us'.

Syria - the chemical weapons attack by Assad that was anything but: https://www.rt.com/news/study-challenges-syria-chemical-attack-681/

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-04-07/ex-uk-ambassador-syria-questions-chemical-attack-it-doesnt-make-sense-assad-not-mad

Again, I go on form - the US has a recent history littered with false flag operations - it's even documented in the declassified operation Northwoods.

Look, we were talking about kicking doors in, no?

That means direct military action.

The first incidence of 'planted' chemicals you allude to occurred in 2013. But there was no door-kicking. The door kicking occurred in 2017 after Shayrat, another of your alluded 'plantings'.

Fine.

But let's be clear, the doors had already been blown off the house by the Russians.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
Just now, Will! said:

This may stave off the boredom a bit:

http://nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/

There's not going to be a nuclear war for ******s sake

A damage calculator for a non-existent threat? It might as well be for the radius of damage for a visit from The Marshmallow Man for all the ******s I give :lol:

HOLA4421
21 hours ago, Sledgehead said:

Look, we were talking about kicking doors in, no?

That means direct military action.

The first incidence of 'planted' chemicals you allude to occurred in 2013. But there was no door-kicking. The door kicking occurred in 2017 after Shayrat, another of your alluded 'plantings'.

Fine.

But let's be clear, the doors had already been blown off the house by the Russians.

Let's not.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
23 hours ago, Sledgehead said:

In Syria? You mean the Russians assisting the legitimate, ruling authority in Syria (at the invitation of said authority) in full accordance with international law?

Russia and Iran remain the only nations currently acting in Syria in accordance with international law.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425
2 hours ago, Errol said:

In Syria? You mean the Russians assisting the legitimate, ruling authority in Syria (at the invitation of said authority) in full accordance with international law?

Yeah, I'll go with that. In which case my big red key analogy is fatally flawed.

On the other hand, there are plenty of Syrians who would refuse admission to the Russians but welcome the West. Not right in international law, true, cos the government 'owns' the land. But it is fair to say that we apply different rules nationally when a tenant takes up residence. In that case the landlord has no say who enters the rental unit - even he himself has no authority to do so. There is a definite disconnect between the rights of citizens and tenants.

But that does not change the fact that I have argued in flawed terms.

Archived