TheCountOfNowhere

Dont Panic...says the express

52 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Funn3r said:

Attention please passengers this is your captain speaking. You may have heard a noise and noticed a slight reduction in the number of wings. There is no cause for alarm just relax and have another drink. Thank you for flying with HPI jet and we are definitely not going to crash. 

HPI jet?

Plummet Airways!

Air Carneyo. A play on North Korea's air koryo. Complete with in flight magazine holding pictures of the dear leader and instant arrest if you fold it over on his face.

Edited by Si1

45 minutes ago, Noallegiance said:

HPI jet?

Plummet Airways!

A rather graceful aircraft with the flight characteristics of a grand piano filled with lead bricks

9 minutes ago, Si1 said:

Air Carneyo. A play on North Korea's air koryo. Complete with in flight magazine holding pictures of the dear leader and instant arrest if you fold it over on his face.

That's a good one. How about Quantitative Easing Jet. Like Qantas and Easy Jet combined but fueled by burning £50 notes.

Actually, it's time to start worrying about just what nutcase measures TPTB will introduce to try to prop up the market now that it's becoming obvious that it's turning.

Even more money printing, suppressed interest rates and ludicrous price-support schemes like HTB are a given,  but probably they'll need to go the extra mile to stave off a crash.  The prudent could end up getting screwed even harder.

We have to hope that uncertainty created by Brexit might put them off going over the top in terms of debasing the currency even further, lest they trigger an all-out run on the pound but I'm pretty sure that propping up asset prices is a major economic policy imperative and they may well decide to trash the pound completely to keep nominal prices high.

27 minutes ago, Sour Mash said:

Actually, it's time to start worrying about just what nutcase measures TPTB will introduce to try to prop up the market now that it's becoming obvious that it's turning.

Even more money printing, suppressed interest rates and ludicrous price-support schemes like HTB are a given,  but probably they'll need to go the extra mile to stave off a crash.  The prudent could end up getting screwed even harder.

We have to hope that uncertainty created by Brexit might put them off going over the top in terms of debasing the currency even further, lest they trigger an all-out run on the pound but I'm pretty sure that propping up asset prices is a major economic policy imperative and they may well decide to trash the pound completely to keep nominal prices high.

I think when British people are running down innocent Muslims and we have a tower block of toasted immigrants, TPTB might work out that things are not as rosy as they first appear in the UK and to continue on their current path would be suicide for the UK

49 minutes ago, Sour Mash said:

I'm hopeful that Bland Insight's view is correct, that tptb are only concerned about falling house prices if they destabilise the financial system. So in 2007 and 2012, zirp/qe and htb respectively were introduced to prevent elements of that happening.

Now the system is more robust then house price falls can be permitted. I still have no time for Carney though, all the same.

Edited by Si1

1 hour ago, Funn3r said:

A rather graceful aircraft with the flight characteristics of a grand piano filled with lead bricks

its a big hot air balloon

every time it starts to sink they throw stuff/people over board and refill it with hot air!

1 hour ago, Sour Mash said:

They may well decide to trash the pound completely to keep nominal prices high.

It's okay, they can blame the pound being completely trashed on Brexit and the hung parliment. Soon we will probably see par or worse with the Euro.

9 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

It's the daily express, what can I say.

The real message is there for all to see,

!!! PANIC, HOUSE PRICES ARE COLLAPSING !!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 

Falling house prices are a good thing, why would anyone worry if they could still afford their REPAYMENT debt, are living in it, using it, repaying it.......who cares what their home is worth if not selling?.....the only important figures are the price paid, the price sold, and the price of the next move only bears any relevance at all.......thousands lived through negative equity and did not even realise or care what they held was worth or if it became less than what they owed, they bought it to live in.......others handed in the keys, became homeless or forced to rent at greater cost and had no possible way of borrowing money to buy for many years.....choices and circumstances. ;)

Edited by winkie

2 hours ago, Sour Mash said:

Isn't that the point where the choices start being difficult, though? Why would they want to keep only nominal prices high? Is it to maintain the wealth illusion (but then with a falling pound, inflation of imports will destroy that notion)? Is it to keep foreign money flowing in (but a falling pound will burn foreign investors, and probably reverse the money flows)? Or is it to maintain the solvency of the banks (then you have to hope that all our significant banks don't have overseas obligations in foreign currencies, whcih seems unlikely with the current global system)?

They probably have some notion how all these play out after recent weakness of the pound, but all are potentially deply non-linear effects, and I can't see the powers that be wanting to take that big a gamble with their own futures. I think they will try to muddle through, and be at the mercy of events and the imbalances they have themselves created.

9 hours ago, Digsby said:

Yes, don't panic people, you won't be affected by lower house prices so you don't need to worry about being unaffected. Houses ares simply too expensive, and that means they are too expensive to build, so instead of prices adjusting to the price people can afford, they will become more expensive so that fewer people can buy them - until they are so expensive that you'll be astronomically rich as long as you don't try to sell and that will be make the economy much better.

Exactly... they say house supply is the issue, but that's a lie.. affordability is the actual issue, as the supply is not in line with earnings, with the average earnings.

From the article, an opinion stated as if it were a fact:

Paul Smith, chief executive of estate agency chain Haart, says continuing house price growth is “once again proving the Brexit scaremongers wrong”.

[...]

Most experts now agree on one thing: the UK’s rising population requires a rapid increase in house building to balance supply with demand.

Lie. Refer back to Andrew Lilico's article: 

https://capx.co/there-is-no-uk-housing-crisis-and-there-never-was-one/

It simply isn’t true, and never was true, that the country or regions of the country have a shortage of houses.  (By the way, if anybody starts talking to you about “hidden households” or “suppressed household formation”, try asking them how much their estimate of the number of households dropped when it turned out there were 900,000 fewer people in the country than they’d thought.  If the answer isn’t “half a million, and that transformed the picture on the adequacy of the UK’s housing stock”, you can safely conclude that they’re back-engineering their analysis to come to the “housing crisis” answer they want.)

Back to the Express article:

Jeremy Duncombe, director of Legal & General Mortgage Club, says the housing shortage is inflating prices: “Quite simply, we need to build more affordable homes to allow a greater number of buyers to take their first steps onto the property ladder.”

The shortfall will take years to redress. With demand continuing to exceed supply and mortgage rates set to stay low, dire warnings of a crash are just idle talk.

Then how about we eviscerate the inflate demand (Section 24), and then let's see if it really does take "years", shall we?

3 hours ago, Si1 said:

I'm hopeful that Bland Insight's view is correct, that tptb are only concerned about falling house prices if they destabilise the financial system. So in 2007 and 2012, zirp/qe and htb respectively were introduced to prevent elements of that happening.

Fingers crossed!

BTW I was Bland Unsight. I never claimed any insight. ;)

34 minutes ago, Bland Unsight said:

Fingers crossed!

Banned Uptight?

49 minutes ago, Bland Unsight said:

Fingers crossed!

Collapsr ...insight

5 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Collapsr ...insight

Especially when it hits the front page of The Sun :ph34r:

9 hours ago, Funn3r said:

Attention please passengers this is your captain speaking. You may have heard a noise and noticed a slight reduction in the number of wings. There is no cause for alarm just relax and have another drink. Thank you for flying with HPI jet and we are definitely not going to crash. 

Welcome aboard HPI airways our captain and co-pilot of the day is Mr Carney And Mr Osbourn Our in-flight attendants are Mr cameron and Mrs May they will be making you comfortable on your journey Today. Should cabin pressure decrease or we experience turbulence on HPI airways Our captain Mr carney will spool up the engines with his supply of QE Jet fuel. 

Our strong and stable In flight attendants will see to your every need should we be hurtling to the ground with no fooking wings. 

14 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

You know when someone shouts "DON'T PANIC", it;s too late !!!!

9c4fef774ca21687f9967ae7bb50a83e.jpg

Better hitch a ride on a passing Vogon demolition ship!

13 minutes ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

9c4fef774ca21687f9967ae7bb50a83e.jpg

Better hitch a ride on a passing Vogon demolition ship!

Vogon...Theresa may...now that would be a cruel comparison.

14 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

For 10 years now I seem to have been living in an alternative universe...but suddenly my universe has collided with everyone elses.

http://www.express.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/818403/porperty-market-house-prices-uncertainty-economic-political

"DON’T PANIC

The first thing to say is that falling house prices are only really a worry if you are looking to sell your property, as you may struggle to find a buyer at the right price. For most people, their house is their home rather than an investment, and if you have no plans to move, any loss is a paper one only."

"Young buyers struggling to get on the property ladder may even have cause to celebrate a dip in house prices."

And this gem

"However, falling prices can hit the economy and knock confidence, making people feel poorer. So what is really happening out there?"

Any economy based on the price of basic shelter is a sick joke,

Conversely, hammering savers and workers incomes + forcing people to pay insane prices for houses to support old peoples and the rich mens asset prices have made everyone feel poor you bunch of f**king retards.

Those warnings on the side of fag packets - they should force Foxtons et al to put that on all their advertising. Would look great on the side of one of their cars.

16 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Vogon...Theresa may...now that would be a cruel comparison.

Genius - I wish I'd thought of that.

Also, if you take the more recent remake, I think there is some likeness:

0.jpgTheresa-May-1.jpg

Edited by Mikhail Liebenstein

2 hours ago, mrtickle said:

From the article, an opinion stated as if it were a fact:

Lie. Refer back to Andrew Lilico's article: 

https://capx.co/there-is-no-uk-housing-crisis-and-there-never-was-one/

Back to the Express article:

Then how about we eviscerate the inflate demand (Section 24), and then let's see if it really does take "years", shall we?

Lilico is talking crap, as usual. His argument fails to account for subdivision of the housing stock. A 'dwelling' can be any structurally separate entity. Imagine a street with 10 homes and 20 residents – two people per dwelling. Double the number of residents to 40, and split the 10 homes into 20 maisonettes. We still have two people per dwelling. On paper no change. But the space per person has halved. That’s not just a thought experiment – it is reality. According to the Royal Institute of British architects, Britain’s new-build homes are the smallest in Western Europe and many are too small for family life. More and more people are trapped in tiny flats when they need a family home.

He also fails to account for the huge numbers of young people forced to live at home with their parents because they cannot afford to leave and establish households of their own, even though they would like to.

8 hours ago, zugzwang said:

Lilico is talking crap, as usual. His argument fails to account for subdivision of the housing stock. A 'dwelling' can be any structurally separate entity. Imagine a street with 10 homes and 20 residents – two people per dwelling. Double the number of residents to 40, and split the 10 homes into 20 maisonettes. We still have two people per dwelling. On paper no change. But the space per person has halved. That’s not just a thought experiment – it is reality. According to the Royal Institute of British architects, Britain’s new-build homes are the smallest in Western Europe and many are too small for family life. More and more people are trapped in tiny flats when they need a family home.

He also fails to account for the huge numbers of young people forced to live at home with their parents because they cannot afford to leave and establish households of their own, even though they would like to.

Exercise....coke....

Years ago a couple of blokes I used to play football with laughed when I told them drinking code will make them thirsty.

I can see these people are buying houses now :lol:

http://www.livestrong.com/article/158298-what-are-the-dangers-of-coke/

Dehydration

Coca-Cola's caffeinated content works as a diuretic, meaning it makes you urinate more often than you ordinarily would if you weren't consuming it. Over time, this excessive urination can lead to dehydration, warns the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, especially if you're consuming Coke during or after rigorous exercise or sports.