mrtickle

Rightmove index YoY down to 1.8%, MoM down to -0.4%

107 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, blackhole said:

Leave it there - free speech and all.  Let them show their true colours.  Just yet another example of Venger et el being correct - they're starting to lash out.  

The only question which matters: Is it true?

Non EEA immigrants consume welfare at a far higher rate than native population and have a much higher birth rate. They cost the country net £16billion every year.

EEA immigrants, in contrast, only cost the country net £1billion per year.

5 minutes ago, Locke said:

Non EEA immigrants consume welfare at a far higher rate than native population and have a much higher birth rate. They cost the country net £16billion every year.

Was that taken from the report 2 years ago written by 2 EU immigrants, used by the media to tell us all why immigration from the EU was great ?

1 minute ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Was that taken from the report 2 years ago written by 2 EU immigrants, used by the media to tell us all why immigration from the EU was great ?

I'm not sure on what level costing the country a billion pounds every year can be classed as "great"

Just now, Locke said:

I'm not sure on what level costing the country a billion pounds every year can be classed as "great"

I was wondering that myself. :lol:

How did the EA trolls get from, house prices are collapsing to, Vengers a c**t because he said something that;s not racist but I'm going to cry racist just because I want to derail the thread and discredit anyone who thinks lower house prices are good ?

3 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

I was wondering that myself. :lol:

How did the EA trolls get from, house prices are collapsing to, Vengers a c**t because he said something that;s not racist but I'm going to cry racist just because I want to derail the thread and discredit anyone who thinks lower house prices are good ?

I think the word "parasite", even when used with justification, is a trigger even for otherwise rational people.

3 hours ago, Gribble said:

Your suggestion is that housing is a limited resource. Lets accept this assumption.  But as everything else is then why should people be allowed to have more than 1 car, or 2 kids, etc. Each of the latter takes up resources of the planet (fuel food pollution congestion etc_

Housing supply is artificially constrained, cars tv's etc are not. The fact that all these things are build from earths finite resources has no immediate economic impact. There is no economic benefit to rationing the ownership of cars, whereas the benefits of rationing housing could potentially be massive. TBH I wouldnt ban people from owning more than one house, I'd tax them massively (gov has already taken a small step down this route ..).

Edited by goldbug9999

The Delusion Index heading downward surely indicates a gradual return to sanity. Long may it last. :)

Next months land reg is probably make or break for us - if its down then we have a full house of falling indexes.

1 hour ago, goldbug9999 said:

Next months land reg is probably make or break for us - if its down then we have a full house of falling indexes.

And a very welcome pun :)

4 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Is anyone surprised people are lashing out ?

I was in Northampton on Friday, OMG, I am truly appalled at what the place looks like.

This "immigration is good" propaganda is clearly self serving bulls**t.

What do people really thing is going to happen when the government ignore the popular vote and [pander to bankers, corporations and foreigners ?

Anyways, racism:

racism
ˈreɪsɪz(ə)m/
noun

1. prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

I'd say trying to breed out an indigenous population is pretty lever, it's the Brits that are pretty thick to allow it.

Am I an Anti British Racist now ?

I actually think the topic needs open discussion, but without such aggressive, questionable language.  There was clearly an amount of 'bait' in that.

31 minutes ago, blackhole said:

I actually think the topic needs open discussion, but without such aggressive, questionable language.  There was clearly an amount of 'bait' in that.

The "questionable" language is the problem...people are dictating what language and thoughts others can have a much more dangerous thing to do than trying to end immigration.  

2 hours ago, goldbug9999 said:

Aren't the land registry figures non-seasonally adjusted? If so, it may flatline now but with some painful falls coming in the autumn.

39 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

The "questionable" language is the problem...people are dictating what language and thoughts others can have a much more dangerous thing to do than trying to end immigration.  

It is possible to discuss this matter without such language, and therefore not creating heated responses overall.  The poster may have a point, but they are not helping to facilitate discussions. A little social grace goes a long way.

5 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

What, you dont think some immigrants come here specifically to live off the British tax payers ?

If not, you are either naive or stupid.

Trying to stifle debate by shouting "racist" is making things worse.

Calm down bro. No malice intended. Just dont think such words are helpful. Even if some come here to take benefit, it doesnt help to use that wording. Easy to get people angry with it and attack immigrants.

That's the big problem with this entire site. Start a thread about a topic, any topic at all, and after a few posts the obsessives have turned it into another rant about immigrants. 

5 hours ago, Locke said:

Those numbers are way and probably predate tax credits.

You need to seperate split nonEE from EE.

Going by personal experience 90% of EE migrants are costing about 1000/monyh in cash benefits.

Each kid is in school is school is a 5k cost.

Basucally, to not be a burden, migration needs to be limited to single people earning over 35k and families earning over 80k.

Migrants from outside of EU needs to put up a 50k bond, pay private health indurance and have no recourse to benefits.

12 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Why does anyone give this joke of an index any airtime ?

Agreed, whats the point of posting these stupid indexes? Who cares, its irrelevant except to the property owning hoards sat on their invisible profits. Houses are simply to expensive, every new instruction is arriving at some new fanstasy valuation with little or no interest or viewing. The markets history, until prices fall.

1 hour ago, lombardo said:

Calm down bro. No malice intended. Just dont think such words are helpful. Even if some come here to take benefit, it doesnt help to use that wording. Easy to get people angry with it and attack immigrants.

I'm not your bro you condescending little turd. 

I'm not attacking immigrants, i;m attacking a system that is allowing them to come to the UK to line the pockets of the rich, the land owners and the establishment.

I am a tax payer and I am being shafted to pay for them.

My children's future in the UK is being destroyed to benefit f**king BTLers.

I will not be calm, I am VERY VERY VERY angry and getting more so by the day.

I suggest everyone get's VERY VERY VERY angry then TPTB might start listening, Bro.

I've finally managed to get a graph of the YoY series data. The last time it was negative was in August 2011. Definitely looks to be on a downward trend.

RightMoveYoY-to-Jun2017.png.2577dd11dafc7158a6a3ac5fc8fd7948.png

Just now, TheCountOfNowhere said:

I'm not your bro you condescending little turd. 

I'm not attacking immigrants, i;m attacking a system that is allowing them to come to the UK to line the pockets of the rich, the land owners and the establishment.

I am a tax payer and I am being shafted to pay for them.

My children's future in the UK is being destroyed to benefit f**king BTLers.

I will not be calm, I am VERY VERY VERY angry and getting more so by the day.

I suggest everyone get's VERY VERY VERY angry then TPTB might start listening, Bro.

I said bro in a way to be friendly. I call people I like bro. Bro means brother to me. Call me bad names if you wish but I wont reply in kind. I agree with the things you are saying. I have followed your posts for months and like what you say. I am quite surprised at how you are recting me to. I didnt expect it from you. I guess that on the net people can misunderstand each other. I have not intended to mock or or be rude to you at all, in any of my posts. I agree with you on all your major points, so I am kinda dissapointed here  ... anyway

A misundestanding is a misunderstanding. There is no need for this anger.

6 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Is anyone surprised people are lashing out ?

I was in Northampton on Friday, OMG, I am truly appalled at what the place looks like.

This "immigration is good" propaganda is clearly self serving bulls**t.

What do people really thing is going to happen when the government ignore the popular vote and [pander to bankers, corporations and foreigners ?

Anyways, racism:

racism
ˈreɪsɪz(ə)m/
noun

1. prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

I'd say trying to breed out an indigenous population is pretty lever, it's the Brits that are pretty thick to allow it.

Am I an Anti British Racist now ?

I'd not say thick... more likely freeloading from the state and getting fat from Iceland burgers.. they only started to lookup when they couldn't afford the burgers..

Realistically they had first choice in all jobs by nature of being residents prior to an immigrant. They felt those jobs were beneath their stature, by nature if the job cannot be filled locally, then they get filled by someone who sees value in the money it earns. ^_^

It makes me laugh (well it doesn't really) that immigrants always seem to be the focus of peoples frustration for the sh@t the country is in...they do stop think for a moment WHO is responsible for the abuse of the system AND why these people are happy to let it carry on!

As for immigrants coming here for the benefits, are they any worse than the 'chavs' that sit on the dole having NEVER done a days work in their life (and even some of their parents haven't either so they haven't contributed for their offspring!)...I have a cousin just like this who needs a good kick up the ar@e...if benefits were contributory-based for a limited time then he would have six months of luxury before going hungry!

..and as for your kids education Count....the ones ruining it are the feral offspring of the chavs above, who disrupt (and waste) not only their education/opportunities, but those of your children...at least the immigrants VALUE the 'free' education and make good use of it...perhaps even becoming a service to society (whether in this country or their own)...what do the ferals give to society?...sweet FA!

..and as for people getting VERY, VERY, VERY angry and the TPTB listening to them...what anniversary was it this weekend?...someone got VERY,VERY, VERY angry, took action against 'one of theirs' and have they changed anything?...no, but we had a minutes silence for what it was worth!

7 hours ago, ftb_fml said:

Envious that your generation could buy properties at half the price (with respect to wages) than I can now? Envious that your generation has seen the lion's share of growth in quality of life and mine is now the first in recent history to be worse off than their parents? Envious that many of your generation can retire at 65 on fat final salary pensions that are still being paid for by those of my generation, who face the very real prospect of having to work until death? Angry that while not content with what they already have, your generation are seeking to further profit from our misery?

Absolutely.. and you consider feeling this way is somehow illegitimate, unfair or shameful?

At half your age I can already see that the unsustainable debt-fuelled Thatherism that's slowly brought us to this mess over the past 40 years is hardly an appealing alternative to the "communism" you're apparently so willing to label any doctrine that contains any shred of fairness or social responsibility .. although since the disastrous policy of the past decades clearly worked for you, evidently you're quite willing to ignore its destructive effects on those less fortunate.

Your sense of entitlement, mis-placed self-righteousness and lack of empathy is quite frankly breathtaking.

Ftb_FML, this is the best, most passionate post I've read in my four years reading 2+ hours a day of HPCrash. Bravo. Sincerely. 

7 hours ago, ftb_fml said:

Envious that your generation could buy properties at half the price (with respect to wages) than I can now? Envious that your generation has seen the lion's share of growth in quality of life and mine is now the first in recent history to be worse off than their parents? Envious that many of your generation can retire at 65 on fat final salary pensions that are still being paid for by those of my generation, who face the very real prospect of having to work until death? Angry that while not content with what they already have, your generation are seeking to further profit from our misery?

Absolutely.. and you consider feeling this way is somehow illegitimate, unfair or shameful?

At half your age I can already see that the unsustainable debt-fuelled Thatherism that's slowly brought us to this mess over the past 40 years is hardly an appealing alternative to the "communism" you're apparently so willing to label any doctrine that contains any shred of fairness or social responsibility .. although since the disastrous policy of the past decades clearly worked for you, evidently you're quite willing to ignore its destructive effects on those less fortunate.

Your sense of entitlement, mis-placed self-righteousness and lack of empathy is quite frankly breathtaking.

Not quite. Thatcher left office 27 years ago. Thatcherism ran its course by 1989, with the 90s recession.

Look at the PE for housing. Its Brownism, blowing a massive credit bubble to generate tax to give away to his voter base.