• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

Miles Shipside, director of Rightmove, said: “It now seems certain that we will have continuing political uncertainty, which the housing market traditionally dislikes, and with the first fall in June prices for eight years there is no doubt that the lack of stability is a factor.

Where is Shipsides evidence that its linked to the election? Or is he just linking general political/economic uncertainty?  Do these guys even look at the prices and think OMFG!! 

This is from nationwide a few weeks ago. 

Robert Gardner, says: “If history is any guide, the slowdown is unlikely to be linked to election-related uncertainty. Housing market trends have not traditionally been impacted around the time of general elections.

“Rightly or wrongly, for most homebuyers, elections are not foremost in their mind while buying or selling their home.”

HOLA445
HOLA446

I particularly like that asking prices fell by 2.4% this month. Can't see Jeremy Corbyn's comments regarding confiscating empty homes going down well as he appears currently in acendency and might form the next government.

HOLA447
13 minutes ago, Blod said:

I particularly like that asking prices fell by 2.4% this month. Can't see Jeremy Corbyn's comments regarding confiscating empty homes going down well as he appears currently in acendency and might form the next government.

I like your thinking on this.  Empty homes, Investment homes and even holiday homes are hard to justify when we have such a problem with housing in the UK.  I would like to see a One Home policy - you are only allowed to own one property or you are taxed mercilessly.

HOLA448
13 minutes ago, dougless said:

I like your thinking on this.  Empty homes, Investment homes and even holiday homes are hard to justify when we have such a problem with housing in the UK.  I would like to see a One Home policy - you are only allowed to own one property or you are taxed mercilessly.

Me too. Never gonna happen :D

HOLA449
9 minutes ago, LC1 said:

Me too. Never gonna happen :D

Markets move at the edges. Sentiment is becoming more and more toxic. It's highly unlikely to go ahead but highlights the ideological position of potentially the next government. We can also throw into that delightful mix the increasing pressure on interest rates. Overall buying any property currently is either an act of bravery or folly.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
3 hours ago, dougless said:

Pathetic. Let's also have a 2 kid policy - shoot the 3rd 4th 5th etc. 

HOLA4412
9 minutes ago, Gribble said:
3 hours ago, Blod said:

Pathetic. Let's also have a 2 kid policy - shoot the 3rd 4th 5th etc. 

Pathetic why? Because it stops those with massive amounts of disposable wealth accumulating even more at the expense of those who can least afford it and can't even afford one property to call home, let alone multiple...?

Tbh obviously a one property limit is a bit extreme given that there will always be a legitimate demand for people who rent by choice, however I think 2nd properties should be taxed handsomely (massively if they're intended as largely unoccupied, holiday homes) and anything more than this should be taxed so hard that it makes it completely financially nonviable. 

Of course there's no chance of this happening with the current bunch of self-serving muppets in power, but something I'd like to think Corbyn might consider when he becomes Prime Minister :D

HOLA4413
Just now, ftb_fml said:

Pathetic why? Because it stops those with massive amounts of disposable wealth accumulating even more at the expense of those who can least afford it and can't even afford one property to call home, let alone multiple...?

Tbh obviously a one property limit is a bit extreme given that there will always be a legitimate demand for people who rent by choice, however I think 2nd properties should be taxed handsomely (massively if they're intended as largely unoccupied, holiday homes) and anything more than this should be taxed so hard that it makes it completely financially nonviable. 

Of course there's no chance of this happening with the current bunch of self-serving muppets in power, but something I'd like to think Corbyn might consider when he becomes Prime Minister :D

Your suggestion is that housing is a limited resource. Lets accept this assumption.  But as everything else is then why should people be allowed to have more than 1 car, or 2 kids, etc. Each of the latter takes up resources of the planet (fuel food pollution congestion etc_ at the expense of people so there is no difference according to the assumption. So if you decide only one house then you cannot argue against only 1 car 2 kids etc. Plus are you suggesting all civil servants have their pensions stripped away from them. Some people do not have any pension provision other than a BTL.  You are advocating theft - thou shall not covet.

Don't get me wrong I do not own a second property in the UK, but one in Germany as I have NO pension. I would not touch UK property as it is a overpriced mega-bubble. I also think that like Germany,rents should be tightly controlled, people should never be thrown out under any circumstances if they pay rent, you can withhold or reduce rental payments  if there is any problem/maintenence issues. 

But to advocate effectively seizing any property or possession (e.g. via punitive taxation) smack of jealousy and envy and supports theft.

If you want to sort the problem I suggest you look at the party you support who flooded the country with millions may of whom are fast breeding parasites

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
1 hour ago, Gribble said:

Some people do not have any pension provision other than a BTL.  You are advocating theft - thou shall not covet.

Don't get me wrong I do not own a second property in the UK, but one in Germany as I have NO pension

If you want to sort the problem I suggest you look at the party you support who flooded the country with millions may of whom are fast breeding parasites

Wow. Just wow.

You can always rely on a leech like (my apologies to leeches) BTL landlord who doesn't do diversification - either financial or social - to be a pot calling a kettle black.

HOLA4419
1 hour ago, Gribble said:

Don't get me wrong I do not own a second property in the UK, but one in Germany as I have NO pension. I would not touch UK property as it is a overpriced mega-bubble. I also think that like Germany,rents should be tightly controlled, people should never be thrown out under any circumstances if they pay rent, you can withhold or reduce rental payments  if there is any problem/maintenence issues. 

But to advocate effectively seizing any property or possession (e.g. via punitive taxation) smack of jealousy and envy and supports theft.

Hee Hee.  Nice try.

Edited by blackhole

HOLA4420

can the mods not remove such racist comments? i mean calling immigrants 'fast breeding parasites' surely crosses an acceptable line? i mean we are talking about people here not buy to let landlords.

I'm happy that prices are falling, its very similar to 2007 right now, next year could be a mild HPC by the looks of it.

HOLA4421
10 minutes ago, jiltedjen said:

can the mods not remove such racist comments? i mean calling immigrants 'fast breeding parasites' surely crosses an acceptable line? i mean we are talking about people here not buy to let landlords.

I'm happy that prices are falling, its very similar to 2007 right now, next year could be a mild HPC by the looks of it.

Leave it there - free speech and all.  Let them show their true colours.  Just yet another example of Venger et el being correct - they're starting to lash out.  

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
5 hours ago, dougless said:

good way too drive away money to different shores, hey, lets make everybody poorer :D no mate, its the planning law thats the problem, let rich people build so they can sell cheap

HOLA4424
HOLA4425
2 minutes ago, blackhole said:

Leave it there - free speech and all.  Let them show their true colours.  Just yet another example of Venger et el being correct - they're starting to lash out.  

Is anyone surprised people are lashing out ?

I was in Northampton on Friday, OMG, I am truly appalled at what the place looks like.

This "immigration is good" propaganda is clearly self serving bulls**t.

What do people really thing is going to happen when the government ignore the popular vote and [pander to bankers, corporations and foreigners ?

Anyways, racism:

racism
ˈreɪsɪz(ə)m/
noun

1. prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

I'd say trying to breed out an indigenous population is pretty lever, it's the Brits that are pretty thick to allow it.

Am I an Anti British Racist now ?