brexitishope

Alok Sharma New Housing Minister

33 posts in this topic

The labour MP is a twit too - Housing is unaffordable so give a tax break to the young to help them into more debt.

3 minutes ago, Maynardgravy said:

The labour MP is a twit too - Housing is unaffordable so give a tax break to the young to help them into more debt.

Sadly the other parties spokesmen probably are too.:(

His wife has one house, so they are not driven by portfolio size, over leverage and all that stupid stuff. I'd still give him benefit of the doubt

anyone know what his wife's name is? Apparently Swedish.

just doing a bit of private research.

On 6/14/2017 at 10:39 AM, RentingForever said:

He campaigned against new housing in an area near my parents. Locally popular with the aged boomer nimbys in that part of Reading, but no good for the bigger picture.

Also, he might have a science background but his career since then is the usual finance industry nonsense: "Sharma subsequently qualified as a chartered accountant, training with Deloitte Haskins & Sells in Manchester before moving into corporate finance advisory with Nikko Securities and then Skandinaviska Enskilda Banken, where he held senior roles based out of London, Stockholm and Frankfurt. Alok advised corporates and private equity firms on cross border mergers and acquisitions, listings and restructurings"

+1

Just another of the usual VI servers and serf servers.  Next he'll be saying that ever tinier, more expensive and more fire prone homes is "innovative".

Mind you he's someone who has not been taken in by the government's constant blagging about there being a shortage of science and technology people.  He went straight into the money - the financial sector and politics.  

Too clever by half.  Trust him - NO!

Edited by billybong

7 hours ago, Dyson Fury said:

Alok Sharma has now announced in Parliament that his wife is a private landlord.

http://www.propertyindustryeye.com/housing-ministers-wife-is-a-private-landlord-declared-as-interest-by-alok-sharma/

+1

He'll so be on the side of tenants and young people wanting to buy a home - NOT.

Sharma made it clear: “May I start by declaring an interest, in that my wife is the owner of a property that is rented out.”

Do tell us - is that one small flat or a large block of flats.

Edited by billybong

I'm surprised these MP jobs cannot be outsourced to India... imagine the cost savings on wages and expenses.... then the House of Lords could be converted into flats 😉

On ‎13‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 11:44 PM, brexitishope said:

Maybe in his wife's name. Call me an old cynic.

On ‎17‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 2:08 PM, Dyson Fury said:

Alok Sharma has now announced in Parliament that his wife is a private landlord.

http://www.propertyindustryeye.com/housing-ministers-wife-is-a-private-landlord-declared-as-interest-by-alok-sharma/

although I found that he did declare an interest in Sept 2010 whereby he was receiving income from a London based flat.

https://www.theyworkforyou.com/regmem/?d=2011-06-06#24902