House Price Crash Forum

Explosion in Manchester

HOLA441
24 minutes ago, Errol said:

ISIS officially claiming responsibility now. So Muslim extremist fanatics it is then.

Yes.

But, apparently, in light of recent commands by the moderators we are not allowed to discuss this aspect? After all we might cause offence to others who hold a different opinion. And that is such a no no these days.

We can, so I understand it, discuss anything else related to the incident, such a the technical details (e.g. what type of explosive used, how much, what the bomber wore, what their gender was, what their age was, where they lived, etc) BUT not the underlying motive??

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
1 hour ago, F-sake said:

Sure, it's a lot easier and more cost efficient to do nothing, just as it was yesterday.

The path of having the government control every single detail right down to how much sugar we can buy is equally as scary as the one we are on, imho. There has to be another way.

HOLA443
22 minutes ago, Errol said:

The searches are for weapons/bombs. 

People will be insisting on it when a bomb goes off at march (probably some time soon the way things are going).

My point was that if someone is kicking you in the head, asking for a different person to kick you in the balls instead is not a solution.

Turning the UK into a police state is not a solution to the pack of 'lone wolves' currently stalking the UK.

HOLA444
3 minutes ago, Northern Welsh Midlander said:

The path of having the government control every single detail right down to how much sugar we can buy is equally as scary as the one we are on, imho. There has to be another way.

The only way I can see is a large scale rejection of globalism. We will continue to store up problems if entire populations of people from totally different cultures, millions of them, are simply imported into and transported around continents as chattels in order to provide cheap labour and a salve to liberal ideology, with no regard for those already living and working in those places.

However, I see little hope of this changing: France had the option to do so with Le Pen but decided it did not want to. We will have to face the consequences in the coming years, and it will not be pretty. 

HOLA445
7 minutes ago, Northern Welsh Midlander said:

Totally agree, but as much as I hate the idea I do understand that another way is yet to be discovered. Perhaps a time machine will save us all.

HOLA446
43 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

The only way I can see is a large scale rejection of globalism. We will continue to store up problems if entire populations of people from totally different cultures, millions of them, are simply imported into and transported around continents as chattels in order to provide cheap labour and a salve to liberal ideology, with no regard for those already living and working in those places.

However, I see little hope of this changing: France had the option to do so with Le Pen but decided it did not want to. We will have to face the consequences in the coming years, and it will not be pretty. 

You're equating globalism with international travel - they are not the same thing

HOLA447
HOLA448
59 minutes ago, Errol said:

It's only a matter of time before a public march/rally in this country has a bomb going off in it. I'd rather that searches were done before the march/rally. It seems to be eminently sensible to me - or would you rather be blown up mid-march?

July or August would be my preference. March is a little chilly.

HOLA449
21 minutes ago, knock out johnny said:

You're equating globalism with international travel - they are not the same thing

The two are connected though. The immigration policies of European countries are based on the mindset of the Cold War era, when international travel was too expensive for most people from developing countries, and the Soviet bloc strictly controlled movement. Now it costs relatively little for people to travel en masse from the near east and north Africa to Europe through porous borders.

Globalism exploits this for cheap labour, tax revenue and a malleable voter base, and anyone who objects is a racist, Little Englander etc. As long as this mentality continues, we will continue to build enclaves of extremists who will not integrate with their host country, even to the second or third generation, which is why we get 'home grown' terrorism. 

HOLA4410
3 hours ago, willie said:

From the GMP statement they seem to be saying a suicide bomber.  Lone wolf.

As they've arrested someone else already I doubt that. As an ex-counter terrorism policeman said on the BBC News this idea of the lone wolf that is being perpetuated is ridiculous. As he said, building a bomb of this complexity is actually a skilled undertaking that not many could do, obtaining the materials (hard to do in the UK), building it without it exploding, having go off when required. He was quite scathing of this lone wolf narrative pushed by the media and certain politicians.  

HOLA4411
1 hour ago, Errol said:

It's only a matter of time before a public march/rally in this country has a bomb going off in it. I'd rather that searches were done before the march/rally. It seems to be eminently sensible to me - or would you rather be blown up mid-march?

I'd rather take the risk than be constantly treated like a potential criminal who needs to be watched all the time. Sledgehammer to crack a walnut approaches rarely achieve anything other than to cow the general population.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
3 minutes ago, Riedquat said:

I'd rather take the risk than be constantly treated like a potential criminal who needs to be watched all the time. Sledgehammer to crack a walnut approaches rarely achieve anything other than to cow the general population.

I suppose the situation is slightly different in Russia given that they have home-grown islamic terrorists and a much longer history of trying to fight them. Essentially they have much more of a problem in that area.

HOLA4414
3 minutes ago, Errol said:

I suppose the situation is slightly different in Russia given that they have home-grown islamic terrorists and a much longer history of trying to fight them. Essentially they have much more of a problem in that area.

What I'm seeing wrt calls for greater security is another aspect of a British society that's so scared of absolutely everything that they'd rather sacrifice everything than face any hint of risk (except when it comes to financial matters, where you can be as stupidly risky as possible).

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
3 hours ago, winkie said:

I would agree, security unfortunately at high density events does have to be improved, a necessary evil.....more freedoms lost, but the way of the world nowadays, always being on alert, aware, checking environment, exit routes etc....something like the high security when people board an aeroplane.....if it saves lives it has to be implemented....but nothing or nowhere is 100% safe...life is a risk.;)

It's the way of the world that Western elites have made, certainly.

You may note a lack of Islamic terror in Japan.

HOLA4417
1 hour ago, Errol said:

The searches are for weapons/bombs. 

People will be insisting on it when a bomb goes off at march (probably some time soon the way things are going).

That's where multiculturalism without assimilation seems to ultimately end up - like Yugoslavia.  Peace between communities will be maintained by a heavy security presence which maintains order through force rather than through ... sense of kinship?  Social cohesion?  Common decency?  Whatever you want to call it.

If one day the boot was lifted off the neck of the population you'd have instant civil war.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

Seems the chances of these atrocities happening rises during elections. We had St Jo murdered by a far right extremist and now this by a lone wolf. Surely elections should be banned.

HOLA4420

As these events start becoming more prevalent I think it'll start bringing our young out of the bubble wrapped world they're used to and quite frankly have taken for granted for far too long.  

The safe society you require to go and view concerts in safety takes a good bit of defending.

Twitter Hash tags don't defend society kids.  Practical, tough and hard decisions do. Sorry for the reality check but it's also the bloody truth and a way of the world you've been sheltered from.    

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

According to a US source the attacker was  Salman Abedi, the UK government new who it was already, but we're happy to keep it from the public for as long as possible, no doubt for 'cohesion'.

You have to ask yourself if you were a victim of a terror attack, would the authorities actually care less about you or just see you as a detail of a situation that had to be 'controlled'

HOLA4423
6 minutes ago, fru-gal said:

They could put lithium or magnesium in the water. Would make a lot of these angry ******* a bit calmer (in the west we are lacking certain vital minerals which ensure normal functioning). The main problem is lack of sleep. In several religions adherents need to pray 3-5 times in a 24 hour period. Imagine what that lack of sleep does to you (both on a physical and a neurological level). No wonder there are so many angry psychopaths about. Also in terms of de-programming, mass hypnosis is done every day via subliminal messages in adverts, tv, politics etc. Why can't there just be subliminal messages encouraging peace and calmness (of course this would be abused by tptb and we would end up as Orwellian 1984 type hopeless zombies eventually but perhaps it wouldn't be any worse than the current mess of a society).

Can you guarantee that your behavioural manipulation won't affect anyone not intending to go on a murderous spree, no matter what else they'll do? And I'm not even requiring a 100% guarantee (in the same way that I accept that occasionally there will be a miscarriage of justice in any criminal system). It's certainly not something I'd ever want to condone using on anyone who hasn't been found deserving of it by a court (or more reliable system, if you can find one).

HOLA4424

Archived