Fairyland

Middle-class pensioners to lose benefits under Tory plan to fund social care

8 minutes ago, RentingForever said:

Care costs have never been part of what's covered by National Insurance. They're paid (if at all) out of local council budgets.

We're taxed to pay  the NHS a forune to keep people alive.

I see a solution here.

1 minute ago, Bruce Banner said:

You can't trust anything they say or do!

But people put up with it.

We're being robbed blind by the establishment and still people can't see it.

2 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

You can't trust anything they say or do!

I trust May on this much more than Labour who are either going to get the young to pay or use the magic money tree.

A tax on wealth that Labour age against, preferring to tax workers. Hypocritical terrorist supporters.

2 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

But people put up with it.

We're being robbed blind by the establishment and still people can't see it.

No we're being robbed by Labour to pay for wealthy folks private care that their kids dont want to do.

Westminster taxes us....Westminster lines the rich peoples pockets....Westminster bought the old peoples votes....

The con is people think it's either labour or tory when it's all of them

1 hour ago, CunningPlan said:

They are not middle / high earners. In many cases they will have been low earners who got lucky with a house.

What's the betting this cap doesn't cover non house assets?

I am in two minds with this a) we pay for the NHS and this a type of care but b') why should people who have not got lucky with a house pay for others' care when they can't afford a house.

Of course HPI will always be divisive.

26 minutes ago, TulipsFromThreadneedle said:

No we're being robbed by Labour to pay for wealthy folks private care that their kids dont want to do.

Labour haven't robbed us since 2010, for the last seven years the robbing has been done by the Conservatives.

The elephant in the room is that we have managed to fix so many physical health problems people are now outliving their brain life.

Yes, the old have worked and paid in all their lives - to a scheme where the deal was they would get a few years retirement and shuffle off in good time.

No one has paid in for 40 years pension entitlement and 5+ years of intensive health care.

Someone needed to face up to this and May had the best opportunity. Sadly, we will need to revert to short termism and 'hang the future' politics again.

4 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

Labour haven't robbed us since 2010, for the last seven years the robbing has been done by the Conservatives.

Agreed, i should have said Labour are wanting to rob renters so asset owners kids can keep all their unearned loot.

Odds are coming in for Corbyn to be next Prime Minister.

https://www.oddschecker.com/politics/british-politics/next-uk-general-election/prime-minister-after-general-election

Edited by TulipsFromThreadneedle

4 minutes ago, CunningPlan said:

The elephant in the room is that we have managed to fix so many physical health problems people are now outliving their brain life.

Yes, the old have worked and paid in all their lives - to a scheme where the deal was they would get a few years retirement and shuffle off in good time.

No one has paid in for 40 years pension entitlement and 5+ years of intensive health care.

Someone needed to face up to this and May had the best opportunity. Sadly, we will need to revert to short termism and 'hang the future' politics again.

+1

3 minutes ago, TulipsFromThreadneedle said:

Agreed, i should have said Labour are wanting to rob renters so asset owners kids can keep all their unearned loot.

Odds are coming in for Corbyn to be next Prime Minister.

https://www.oddschecker.com/politics/british-politics/next-uk-general-election/prime-minister-after-general-election

I hope that Corbyn gets in because things must get worse before they can get better. 

Just now, Bruce Banner said:

I hope that Corbyn gets in because things must get worse before they can get better. 

I thought that in 2010. Thing are much worse now and dont look like getting better.

Corbyn will destroy the economy of that we can be sure, far more than has been done already.

Quicken   
9 minutes ago, olliegog said:

ah yes the BBC that beacon of impartial reporting run by the leftie liberals :huh:

Pick your source. How about the leftie liberal Telegraph :rolleyes::

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05/22/theresa-may-expected-announce-dementia-tax-u-turn/

Theresa May has announced a dramatic U-turn on the Conservative's controversial plans for social care dubbed by critics as a "dementia tax".

olliegog   

there are 850,000 people with dementia in the UK, with numbers set to rise to over 1 million by 2025. This will soar to 2 million by 2051. 225,000 will develop dementia this year, that's one every three minutes. 1 in 6 people over the age of 80 have dementia.

so it is not inevitable that all the 'olds' will need 20 years of 'dementia care' - most have a few declining years for which they require care^_^

I find it heartening that 5 out of 6 over 80 year olds do not have 'dementia'

I see nothing wrong with either proposal (turned or not) but the indebted 'young' snowflakes are obviously worried about their property financed inheritance to appreciate that someone has to pay (good old tax-payer again)

1 minute ago, TulipsFromThreadneedle said:

I thought that in 2010. Thing are much worse now and dont look like getting better.

Corbyn will destroy the economy of that we can be sure, far more than has been done already.

I voted for Cameron and was delighted when he got in but he proved himself to be the true heir to Blair. The Conservatives had every opportunity to turn the economy around, they even said "you can't base the economy on a housing bubble", but they chose the short term easy way out..... more HPI.

6 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

Mmm not sure if that bad is a good idea.  Have you read about Venezuela - and Corbyn wants us to learn from them.

I voted for Cameron and was delighted when he got in but he proved himself to be the true heir to Blair. The Conservatives had every opportunity to turn the economy around, they even said "you can't base the economy on a housing bubble", but they chose the short term easy way out..... more HPI.

I agree with you but I still think Corbyn could be kill rather than cure.

I remember the quote well was perfect timing as my kid had just been born and they were going to press the reset button. My kids now 7 and hasnt had a settled home due to that pair of ####s.

As May is the first to go after boomers it does tell me she may have the balls to tackle HPI. Corbyn will tackle it by crashing the entire economy with his commie friends.

3 minutes ago, iamnumerate said:

I agree with you but I still think Corbyn could be kill rather than cure.

Total chaos...... Vote of no confidence...... Farage..... Job jobbed....... :D

UKIP appear to have picked up at least 1% since the U-turn.  May is not trusted by conservatives (small "c") and a huge majority would give her carte blanche for a Norwegian half-a** BREXIT settlement.  Just what Mutti would like.  

3 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

Total chaos...... Vote of no confidence...... Farage..... Job jobbed....... :D

Well I have put my name on a waiting list for an allotment in case Corbyn wins.  I will spending my holidays growing my own food.

2 hours ago, olliegog said:

ah yes the BBC that beacon of impartial reporting run by the leftie liberals :huh:

They are horrendous...I go there for a glance at the headlines, then elsewhere very quickly as they wind me up too much. Anything by Kunsburg would give me an aneurysm.

Edited by HovelinHove

reddog   

So that is the second major U-turn in about a month.  Absolutely unbelievable.  This is like going back to the Conservatives of the 1970s.  It is hardly surprising they turned to Margaret Thatcher.