Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SarahBell

Get thin. arm and a leg

ccc   
1 hour ago, gilf said:

I'm sure you have exaggerated for effect, but I'd say it's way less than that. Only takes 51%/49% to tip things in the balance one way or the other. 

Ultimately calories in / calories in is all that matters, but it really isn't that simple from a practical life point of view. Read some Jason Fung material, calories in/out relies on a 1 state system, but at the very least we are a two state and possibly many more system. For example 1 state is a car, fuel tank and engine, our bodies simply don't work that way. 

Seriously can't believe Joe Davloa's argument you can't get fat from complex carbs, actually read the studies quoted (the actual studies not the blog post about the headline, from another magazine) and they say under or at TDEE you won't get fat accumulation from de novo lipogenesis. Over TDEE all bets are off. Happy to accept one is better than the other, but passed TDEE then won't make a lot of difference, eat too much and it's putting on weight. 

Devils advocate (genuine) : 

Carrots and celery taste like shit (to most people), and you can't easily by them from a corner shop. 

That's the answer you would get from a majority from most people. 

I'm sure we maybe are a slightly more complex system than simple in and out. But we are close enough to that for living your life with this simple plan should be enough for nearly everyone.

If you stick with it of course. Which is the thing many find difficult.

28 minutes ago, developer said:

As opposed to what, building muscle?

I don't think you need to worry about either individually; instead just find forms of exercise that you enjoy and pursue them for the enjoyment. If you're doing that and eating clean you'll be in better shape than most of the population.

7 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

I don't think you need to worry about either individually; instead just find forms of exercise that you enjoy and pursue them for the enjoyment. If you're doing that and eating clean you'll be in better shape than most of the population.

After I move to Japan I'm going to join an all girls volleyball club.

3 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

I've always regretted not becoming a professional aerobics instructor.

Can't you just join the class as a student or are these women only classes with a male instructor? :P

I was actually being serious except for the all girls part, they will have mixed clubs with hawt women ;)

1 minute ago, Hail the Tripod said:

I've always regretted not becoming a professional aerobics instructor.

As a youngster I always thought ballet was utterly pointless, then as a grown up man I caught a documentary about it and was amazed just how stunningly attractive all the ballarinas were. 

There's a career. Male ballet dancer, fit as ******, and surrounded by beauty. What's not to like?

2 minutes ago, SpectrumFX said:

There's a career. Male ballet dancer, fit as ******, and surrounded by beauty. What's not to like?

Prancing around in a pair of tights...?

XYY

The dog's kennel is not the place to keep a sausage - Danish proverb

10 minutes ago, developer said:

Can't you just join the class as a student or are these women only classes with a male instructor? :P

I was actually being serious except for the all girls part, they will have mixed clubs with hawt women ;)

Hot ladies?

Climbing walls, seriously. 

I do a bit of ice-climbing and the last time I was at an indoor one I was seriously considering changing over to the climbing wall. The ice wall seems to mainly attract hairy arsed blokes like me.

The eye candy over there however, was quite spectacular. :blink: :wub:

5 minutes ago, SpectrumFX said:

As a youngster I always thought ballet was utterly pointless, then as a grown up man I caught a documentary about it and was amazed just how stunningly attractive all the ballarinas were. 

But you can get 'fit as fu.ck' without having to be a ballet dancer and still be surrounded by beauty. It's being fit that gives the male dancer the chances with those women, not his vicinity too them although that helps.

5 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

XYY

There is that, but i think i could've got over it :)

7 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

XYY

You'd have to have incredible self control, especially when hoisting some toned hottie skywards as part of the routine.

I'm pretty sure the Bolshoi would take a dim view of their top dancers nursing a lazy lob-on halfway through the Nutcracker.

12 minutes ago, SpectrumFX said:

There is that, but i think i could've got over it :)

You've been watching Billy Elliott too much Speccy - go and have a cold shower...!

;)

XYY

13 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

You'd have to have incredible self control, especially when hoisting some toned hottie skywards as part of the routine.

I'm pretty sure the Bolshoi would take a dim view of their top dancers nursing a lazy lob-on halfway through the Nutcracker.

You've given me a semi-on just thinking about it sar'nt - I'm off to join Speccy in that cold shower of his...

;)

XYY

spyguy   
33 minutes ago, SpectrumFX said:

Yeah theres a flaw in your thinking. Name one hetero sexual ballet bloke.

Best hang around stage doors. Ballerinas are great gf. Very flexible and eat fckall - Just a starter for poshbird.

MrPin   
8 minutes ago, spyguy said:

Best hang around stage doors. Ballerinas are great gf. Very flexible and eat fckall - Just a starter for poshbird.

They have legs like footballers! City or Rovers? Don't get me wrong, I like smashing legs!

30 minutes ago, SpectrumFX said:

Or the cirus ...

aerialist_001.jpg

2f7282cbcc743afc1f76ef8e9487afa5.jpg

you get the idea:

spyguy   

Girlies dont lift.

They have well developed thighs and buttocks that make a great sound doggy style.

5 minutes ago, spyguy said:

Girlies dont lift.

They have well developed thighs and buttocks that make a great sound doggy style.

Really...?

I rather thought that delicious sound was my balls slapping against "Biffin Bridge" ..!

Still, you live and learn...

XYY

1 hour ago, spyguy said:

That's not the flaw, that's the massive open goal that we all missed. All the other blokes they know don't give them a second glance. :)

ccc   

Darcy Bussell is 47 and hot as ******. 

MrPin   

I don't get obsessed by women like you guys!

Arpeggio   

I used to do high intensity training to the point I would start to lose conscious and couldn't walk afterwards. I was super hungry later in the day. I've never had a reaction to pollen, but after doing HIIT outdoors I got hay fever for the first time in my life from breathing so hard being anaerobic. After that I wore a respro mask when outside for normal jogging. I won't do HIIT outdoors now. Don't have hayfever anymore, or sensitive to pollen.

I didn't lose any fat until I started intermittent fasting 16/8. Skipping breakfast works best to synchronize with other people's lunch eating time its more like 15/9 for me but a fasted state occurs 8-12 hours after last meal, so I get a few hours in a fasted state. It's not easy at first the ghrelin hormone makes you hungry because if you eat at a regular time your body expects it, so it takes some getting used to. Calorie counting and micromanaging is more effort and doesn't work that well in my opinion.

BMI is 24.5 with 12% to 15% Body fat want to get to BMI 25 with 10% BF and Fat Free mass Index of 22.5 then consider if I want to go further or not. I don't mess around with protein supplements or anything like that, just eggs and tuna to top me up over a healthy diet. Sometimes nuts.

fat-vs-muscle.jpg

At first I feared intermittent fasting would lose muscle, but since doubling my workout I've lost fat but not weight. I'd seriously recommend intermittent fasting, I've seen it work on others too. You may eat more in the feasting phase but it's less  than you would have throughout the whole day overall.

21 hours ago, developer said:

Hey Neon Tetra I'm your old friend. You were doing Cisco networking certificates last time we spoke many years ago. Are you working in IT now? :)

Different Neon Tetra, perhaps...? Never worked with Cisco.