Nico

Most overpriced Sh*thole

Recommended Posts

MattW   

The overpriced sh!thole thread in the 'Classics' subforum has been locked since August so I think a new one is required.

Here's my contibution: a doer upper 3 bedroom terraced house OIEO £170k! Just over 10 x what I earn a year. :blink: It needs to priced at under £100k in that state. :rolleyes:3 br house in NR2

Kitchen and bathroom look OK to be fair. Just those ceiling tiles need sorting & if I could afford it I would insist on the box room being turned into a bathroom.

Edited by MattW
Adding a link might help other members wonder what I'm on about!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hughjass   

What a hole needs about £20000 spending on it. Know nothing about Norwich is that the norm? We are totally shafted if is the norm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Parkwell   

Always a fun game.


We’re not sure if the refurb is done yet or not, but don’t worry, it’s your tenants that have to live in it.
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-63499583.html


Your new neighbours were really taking the piss when they sold you this extension. Best not look inside this spacious new home they sacrificed their extra parking for.
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-63144152.html


Someone died.
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-64221107.html


It may say it’s a 4 bed house but the old landlord had at least eight Latvian fellas in there. Took it’s toll on the bathroom.
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-55843669.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bear Hug   
1 hour ago, sideysid said:

You guys aren't even trying...

Check these beauties near me, surprised they haven't been snapped up yet.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-57163867.html

If I had to guess what that building is from looking on the outside, I'd guess a mortuary or an abandoned hospital.  

So it is a pleasant surprise to discover when looking at the internal photos that it's just an overpriced run down flat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, sideysid said:

You guys aren't even trying...

Check these beauties near me, surprised they haven't been snapped up yet.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-57163867.html

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-46794858.html

Wow................I love the moss on the balcony.

Also,I like the view of the defensive earthworks to the front of the building.Broad firing arcs with an excellent panoramic view of the hordes coming your way should the social melt down occur.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sideysid   
2 hours ago, Sancho Panza said:

Wow................I love the moss on the balcony.

Also,I like the view of the defensive earthworks to the front of the building.Broad firing arcs with an excellent panoramic view of the hordes coming your way should the social melt down occur.

A noble plan indeed....alas tis flawed.

You see knowing the area I do, the zombie apocalypse would have a high probability of spawning in that estate. You wouldn't stand a chance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sancho Panza said:

Wow................I love the moss on the balcony.

Also,I like the view of the defensive earthworks to the front of the building.Broad firing arcs with an excellent panoramic view of the hordes coming your way should the social melt down occur.

hahaha, theyve changed it, i cant see the balcony today in the photos, was definately there yesterday, you have to be careful what you say, someones obviously reading here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MattW   
14 hours ago, hughjass said:

What a hole needs about £20000 spending on it. Know nothing about Norwich is that the norm? We are totally shafted if is the norm

Kite flying asking prices are certainly the norm in Norwich. Any serious buyer of that house will hopefully insist on a £30k discount on the asking price at least!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Smiley George said:

You're a hard one to please :).

Okay, try this one on for size £550k, down from £600k! http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-63921077.html

Or this little beauty for £875k!!!! http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-46797753.html

Well done you have found more overpriced rubbish, the one for £875k looks nice - if you forget how much you need to earn to pay that.  Most people in the UK would struggle to pay the stamp duty on that one £31k!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Smiley George said:

£0.5 million please for my ex-council mid-terrace....what no takers?! c'mon I've already knocked £50k off.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-64691276.html

What have they been smoking?

2 hours ago, Smiley George said:

You're a hard one to please :).

Okay, try this one on for size £550k, down from £600k! http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-63921077.html

Or this little beauty for £875k!!!! http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-46797753.html

And people wonder why this site needs to exist?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Barrat has just thrown up these in Wembley. 700k, that's £750 per square ft. 

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/s6p/47054115

This article from a couple of years ago states that this is what you'd expect to pay in Canary Wharfe or Putney!

http://www.homesandproperty.co.uk/property-news/for-the-real-value-of-london-property-know-your-price-per-square-foot-33734.html

Whilst I'm in the area, these are the kind or properties that will never ever sell, and Rightmove is flooded with. Zone 5 £million+ semis. This owner will probably have a rock on for around 2 days after pushing this to Rightmove thinking he's on track to become a 'self-made' millionaire and then 12mths of cold, hard reality with zero offers. 

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/s6p/46026243

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
worried1   
19 hours ago, MattW said:

Good grief that is awful at that asking price. Who would ever think 'The Good Life' would be so expensive. :blink:

They will struggle to get much more than £650k for that. That type of house goes for over a million a few roads over, but that is once they have been extended and refurbished properly.

That one needs a lot spent on it, and it isn't worth it as it is in a relatively poor road.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, AvoidDebt said:

Barrat has just thrown up these in Wembley. 700k, that's £750 per square ft. 

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/s6p/47054115

This article from a couple of years ago states that this is what you'd expect to pay in Canary Wharfe or Putney!

http://www.homesandproperty.co.uk/property-news/for-the-real-value-of-london-property-know-your-price-per-square-foot-33734.html

Whilst I'm in the area, these are the kind or properties that will never ever sell, and Rightmove is flooded with. Zone 5 £million+ semis. This owner will probably have a rock on for around 2 days after pushing this to Rightmove thinking he's on track to become a 'self-made' millionaire and then 12mths of cold, hard reality with zero offers. 

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/s6p/46026243

The last one looks like a cross between a nightclub and an airport lounge. There really is no accounting for taste. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MattW   

Edwardian 3 br house for £200k. Looks like it needs a ton of cash spent on it. The internal pics are worth viewing, seems like it hasn't been updated in 60 years!  Norwich NR1

I only noticed this house a few days ago yet Property Bee says that it's been on the market since August '16! :o A kite flying offer at £270k, then cut to £250k at the end of September. A further drop of £50k but probably still overpriced.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-64321247.html

I guess the mantra location location doesn't apply to the South anymore. Having the most notorious address in the country (Blackbird Leys) is now worth 325k for a 3 bed semi, about the same as well heeled Harrogate.

 

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-56718658.html

Edited by crashmonitor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Phil321   
40 minutes ago, crashmonitor said:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-64321247.html

I guess the mantra location location doesn't apply to the South anymore. Having the most notorious address in the country (Blackbird Leys) is now worth 325k for a 3 bed semi, about the same as well heeled Harrogate.

 

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-56718658.html

Harrogate varies. No real poor areas but a decent paint job at the moment seems to have sent some prices soaring. Lots if kite flying at the moment.  More reflective example is £225k (but as I say...a mixed bag). 

Elm Tree Avenue, Harrogate, North Yorkshire
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-65022464.htm

Mighy have a look later for most over priced in Harrogate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.