House Price Crash Forum

Most overpriced Sh*thole

Nico

HOLA441

Saw this -

Desirable Location

Utterly ridiculous. It's worth half the asking price.

WHY are people stupid enough to buy at anywhere near these prices?! I've just checked the rental prices in Dundee - £700 pcm gets you a decent 2-bed apartment/small house. So why would you fork out £200k for the same "privilege"?!

Edited by Chuffy Chuffnell

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

An ugly duckling or a tired old hag?

I admit that there are some nice houses on the street but "You a'nt one of 'em luvvi!"

Link

£250k+ for a nasty ex council prefab semi in need of modernisation.

In need of demolition more like.

Ames

HOLA443

I admit that there are some nice houses on the street but "You a'nt one of 'em luvvi!"

Link

Ames

Nice one Ames,

Plenty of these house types in W-O-T and Stoke Bishop with ludicrous asking prices.

I have to bring a favourite of ours from the Bristol thread on to MOSH. I note there is no photo to the rear of the first floor. Where is the width for a bedroom and a Bathroom? Regretfully, even Bristol is falling victim to the "Developers" of Bijou Broom cupboards.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-34001011.html

HOLA444

Link

Ames

Plenty of cups though! Including what looks like a walk in pantry but only half the usual width.

HOLA445

Nice one Ames,

Plenty of these house types in W-O-T and Stoke Bishop with ludicrous asking prices.

I have to bring a favourite of ours from the Bristol thread on to MOSH. I note there is no photo to the rear of the first floor. Where is the width for a bedroom and a Bathroom? Regretfully, even Bristol is falling victim to the "Developers" of Bijou Broom cupboards.

WTF is that meant to be.

Not sure why they bothered with the floor plan that doesn't include measurements.

HOLA446

Nice one Ames,

Astonishing.

14 May 2012

Brief Description changed: Realistically priced with No Chain. A wonderful and unique end terrace house which was previously a sweet shop within Bishopston. The property is a great alternative to a flat.

Somebody, please, plug me back into the matrix.

HOLA447
HOLA448

Yes, but they have knocked 6 grand off the asking price. Only £159,000 English pounds now. 7.5 times the average Bristolian salary.

:lol:

Indeed.

This is what you get for the average price of a UK house. To be fair, it is probably slightly larger than the average slave box in the UK... :unsure:

HOLA449
HOLA4410

Nice concrete 'garden'

Why do the interior pictures show a stairwell????

What a waste of a perfectly good place to park your car. Get rid of those kitchen units and you've got yourself a decent garage.

(house? FFS)

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Check out this beauty in Streatham with an outstanding view of HMP Brixton, playing host to part of its security apparatus apparently!

A steal at 364k

http://r.yhd.net/1333461059/chpk0266758-ss_web.pdf

Are Foxton's employing midgets now ? The kitchen worktops and sofa are at eye-level in the photos. Unless of course this is some dastardly photographic trick to make the place look bigger.

I never understand the point of blatant lies in the estate agent details; after all they'll become glaringly obvious on a viewing or a survey.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
  • 2 weeks later...
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

It's basically a brick shed round the back of a terrace in semi-rural north England. And if you look at the satellite photo you'll see that the area is, um, a bit of an industrial mess.

48636_1958927_IMG_68_0000_max_620x414.jpg

YOURS for a mere sixty-nine thousand pounds Sterling. Or about 3-4 times the average salary in this part of England. Ridiculous.

Edited by Chuffy Chuffnell

HOLA4417

YOURS for a mere sixty-nine thousand pounds Sterling. Or about 3-4 times the average salary in this part of England. Ridiculous.

PRICED TO SELL AT OFFERS OVER £69,950 Swift Residential offers properties that are PRICED TO SELL to buyers who are in a position to buy swiftly. All of our Properties are PRICED LOW to create interest day one and encourage a faster than normal sale.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

If that one advert doesn't scream "Housing Crisis in Britain, Do Something About It!" then nothiing will. Is that really a third of a bungalow for a quarter of a million? A third for a quarter!

It's in Woyal Berkshire! Screams out for a savvy investor.... Loadashite

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

I had not sceen this one trawling through, well thats because when I am looking at the 1 bed flat type properties I never get as far as the 6 figure priced ones, but 1 bedders are about 80k for the nicer ones, maybe you could go to 90k because its not a shithole inside, least 40k overpriced, looks quite well maintained so prob a yearly service charge there also.

I think this is set for a "special reduced price" in a few months time.

The vendor of this flat must still think that it is 2007...

80426_53_IMG_00_0000_max_620x414.jpg

1 bedroomed flat, Norwich City Centre

Good location, nice architecture, not a s**thole inside - but £130k for this small ex council flat?:blink: Aside the restricted parking, you should check Google Streetview to see what is located in front of this crescent of 1930s flats...

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Re: that house in W2 - I like how the Estate Agent puts the picture of the house itself at the very end. Even they think it's a s**thole - at least from the outside.:lol:

I stayed in W2 for a night and watched Pearl Jam & and a few other bands at Hyde Park a couple of years back. I wasn't too impressed with the area, plus I inhaled a lot of Co2 from the traffic, etc. :(