House Price Crash Forum

Bad Booze thread

spyguy

HOLA441

Avoiding stuff like antifreeze specials, invented by our now blind Russian friends.

Blended whisky. Most

Caramel flavoured industrial alcohol advertised as Canadian whisky. My mum bought me a bottle. It was discounted to 5£ a bottle 30% Even the tramps avoided it.

Coloured wine. An offy in Dundee used to sort its wine by colour - blue, green, red , yellow (left to right), and by proof ( top to bottom)

Alchi/scratters/Neds fortified wine.

Tetleys. Great for hydrating down a mine. Sh1t for drinking.

Gin, when drunk by a woman. Turns then nuts.

Absinthe, when drunk by my brother. Turns him mental, then pukes everywhere.

Vodka, when drunk by my. Ive only drunk vodka once, half a bottle at 17 in 30m. I puked for 4h. Dessicated.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443

Australian beers, universally shite.

Jeagerbombs - Phase one of the projectile vomit.

Jack Daniels - Alcoholic syrup.

Aftershock et al. - Medical waste.

The hipster competition to see who can over-hop a beer the most is getting tedious now, a bit of hops is ok but the trend of piling it in is rendering some beers virtually undrinkable.

HOLA444

So, there is not a lot left to drink.  

My drink of choice is gin :huh:  me and libsero discussed the merits of gin on another thread at length with some very derogatory comments thrown in for good measure by xyy. My gin of choice, if anyone would like to gift it is :

http://adnams.co.uk/spirits/our-spirits/distilled-gin/

ill set up a just giving web thingy if anyone is interested in sponsoring my habit 

HOLA445
HOLA446
Just now, Sgt Hartman said:

I like a gin, especially on a hot day.

Currently working my way through a bottle of this, it's stonking. 

glenfarclas-15-year-old-whisky.jpg

That's not gin, you need your eyesight testing before you reach for the bottle. :lol:

looks a bit niche, can you give us more information on it 

HOLA447
3 minutes ago, One-percent said:

So, there is not a lot left to drink.  

My drink of choice is gin :huh:  me and libsero discussed the merits of gin on another thread at length with some very derogatory comments thrown in for good measure by xyy. My gin of choice, if anyone would like to gift it is :

http://adnams.co.uk/spirits/our-spirits/distilled-gin/

ill set up a just giving web thingy if anyone is interested in sponsoring my habit 

I knew I'd get a mention within 5 posts of this thread starting...! :)

Just because I try to have a rock-star lifestyle on a working-man's salary. It's just jealousy you know..! ;)

Cheap drink is your friend when in your head you're Keith Richards, but in reality you are playing in a tribute-band on what's left of the Northern club circuit..

XYY

The dog's kennel is not the place to keep a sausage - Danish proverb

HOLA448
1 minute ago, The XYY Man said:

Just because I try to have a rock-star lifestyle on a working-man's salary. It's just jealousy you know..! ;)

Cheap drink is your friend when in your head you're Keith Richards, but in reality you are playing in a tribute-band on what's left of the Northern club circuit..

XYY

What, you think you look like a walking corpse in you mind's eye?  Mind, he does sport a good syrup. :lol:

HOLA449
Just now, The XYY Man said:

XYY

Dose see that David Coverdale?

Used to buy our tight jeans from the same shop in boro. Hed do his routine, then mop the toilets after closing.

Hes living in a mansion in LA now...

(Thats xyy,not me. Im not that old)

Theres similar chats about drinking with he Jake of My brother Jake.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
Just now, One-percent said:

What, you think you look like a walking corpse in you mind's eye?  Mind, he does sport a good syrup. :lol:

We're all walking corpses mate - but few of us care to admit it...

XYY

HOLA4412

Ha! 

Sorry should have made the distinction. I'd be a bit worried if my gin looked like that!

Not a huge amount to add, I visited the distillery years ago in the highlands and picked up a bottle to keep me company as I travelled round Scotland. I may have got through a few.

The younger ones are relatively ubiquitous but a bottle of it holds the record for the most expensive I've seen. 60 years old and I think it was around 15k or something. 

An expensive tipple!

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
1 minute ago, Sgt Hartman said:

Ha! 

Sorry should have made the distinction. I'd be a bit worried if my gin looked like that!

Not a huge amount to add, I visited the distillery years ago in the highlands and picked up a bottle to keep me company as I travelled round Scotland. I may have got through a few.

The younger ones are relatively ubiquitous but a bottle of it holds the record for the most expensive I've seen. 60 years old and I think it was around 15k or something. 

An expensive tipple!

:o the drink of the elite.  It has no place on the cheap booze thread. :D

HOLA4415
2 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Stick to a babycham or a snowball, either with a cherry in it, and you will not go far wrong. Might even make some new friends at the bar.

Surely you daffodil and leak chompers are also allowed the odd Cherry B and lemonade if you are feeling a bit frisky...?

XYY

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
4 minutes ago, Wahoo said:

I'm drinking Scapa at the moment....really decent real ale for Scotland....as most beer is like Watney Red.

Orkney is well worth a visit...especially if you have a love for archaeology..

I've had two bottles of McEwan's "Champion" so-far tonight.

At 7.3% abv - and four 500ml bottles for a fiver at ASDA - this is almost Buckfast in a beer..!

XYY

HOLA4419
1 minute ago, Sgt Hartman said:

Here it is:

https://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/p/25894/glenfarclas-60-year-old

My tastes don't quite reach those heady heights. Mine was 20 quid from an offie in London! ^_^

Feck me, that's 20k a litre. Even with a lottery win, I'm not sure I could justify that. Mind, London is full of entitled special snowflakes, so I guess there are some who feel they are worth it 

HOLA4420
2 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

At 7.3% abv - and four for a fiver at ASDA - this is almost Buckfast in a beer..!

XYY

I've got a g&t in front of me.  Don't tell Spy, he seems to think it is mother's ruin 

edit to add, we are getting the virtual pub going now. 

HOLA4421
2 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

At 7.3% abv - and four 500ml bottles for a fiver at ASDA - this is almost Buckfast in a beer..!

XYY

Aahhh yes...the old McEwan's. And a damn fine beer it is too. :)

HOLA4422
5 minutes ago, One-percent said:

Feck me, that's 20k a litre. Even with a lottery win, I'm not sure I could justify that. Mind, London is full of entitled special snowflakes, so I guess there are some who feel they are worth it 

Try a wee drop of this...

Macallan 1946 .....$480.000 / bottle

HOLA4423
4 minutes ago, One-percent said:

I've got a g&t in front of me.  Don't tell Spy, he seems to think it is mother's ruin 

edit to add, we are getting the virtual pub going now. 

Oh i buy my mum bottles. She just gets p1ssed and pulls out her false teeth.

Its women under 40 it drives mental.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Archived