Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

One-percent

Zuckerberg concerned about globalisation

3 minutes ago, Bloo Loo said:

I think they think they can sell the information to people who think its useful.

Yet, with all this information, the information purchasers still go bust, get the polls wrong, get caught off guard when the new meme slaughters them, and the "cried wolf" shoves their targets to their competition.

Wankers the lot of them.

Exploited to the hilt by the zuckerbergs of this world.

Well, I'm just starting a targetted Facebook advertising campaign for my business so I hope your wrong :P

You're probably not wrong.

Zuckerberg aside,  the biggest concern with complete globalisation would be the fact that if the single emerging ruling elite decide to go down a path of totalitarianism there would be nobody left to stop them.

I would suggest you always need at least three world leaders chosen by 3 different electorates to mitigate at least some of the risk.

That probably wouldn't help if all populations form their opinions from the same information / social groups though..  which seems to be the path we are moving down.   Both Britain and the US voted the "wrong way" recently hence the sudden interest in "fake news" to clear platforms like Facebook of information that might make people believe the "wrong" thing.  The problem is the more you censor the media, the more people feel they are being mislead..  leading to a lack of confidence in "the system" and an increase in votes for candidates who offer to "drain the swamp".

4 hours ago, richc said:

Thanks for reading it so I don't have to visit his website and help them earn more money.

Facebook has simply used the infrastructure paid for by other Americans and then pulled up the ladder behind them by refusing to pay taxes to sustain that infrastructure.

I know several people who work at very senior levels in Silicon Valley and get to hear their inside stories.  I wouldn't call Zuckerberg stupid, but people like him can be shockingly childish.

Zuckerberg is a bit of of a childish wnker.

I use FB for posting pciies + chatting to people.

I dont read news off it.

16 hours ago, hotairmail said:

I think if you are Jewish,  you are probably deeply sceptical of anything that smacks of nationalism.

How do you explain that Breitbart is Jewish-run and almost entirely staffed by Jews then?

2 hours ago, spyguy said:

Zuckerberg is a bit of of a childish wnker.

I use FB for posting pciies + chatting to people.

I dont read news off it.

memes are news for some people...indeed, many people...MSM gets some of its "news" from these memes...Fake News.

" He said people had been left behind by global growth, sparking demands to "withdraw" from the "connected world". "

I don't mind being connected to the bits of it I want to connect to... but only so I can send fluffy kitten photos to people.

3 hours ago, libspero said:

Zuckerberg aside,  the biggest concern with complete globalisation would be the fact that if the single emerging ruling elite decide to go down a path of totalitarianism there would be nobody left to stop them.

I would suggest you always need at least three world leaders chosen by 3 different electorates to mitigate at least some of the risk.

That probably wouldn't help if all populations form their opinions from the same information / social groups though..  which seems to be the path we are moving down.   Both Britain and the US voted the "wrong way" recently hence the sudden interest in "fake news" to clear platforms like Facebook of information that might make people believe the "wrong" thing.  The problem is the more you censor the media, the more people feel they are being mislead..  leading to a lack of confidence in "the system" and an increase in votes for candidates who offer to "drain the swamp".

Oceania, Eurasia and Eastasia?

Just now, Hail the Tripod said:

Oceania, Eurasia and Eastasia?

I had to google the reference..   Orwell thought of everything :unsure: