HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
15 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Exactly what was expected....These liars have see the price of oil shoot up, they know what is coming, but still they sit on their hands.

The UK £££ is worthless now.

The rate of inflation nearly doubled in the euro area last month.  This is being driven by oil prices more than the pound.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
1 hour ago, InlikeFlynn said:

CPI up 10 1.6% (from 1.2% last month).

Feels like inflation is coming.  Diesel has gone up over the past fortnight, food prices too.

Where I fill up, Super Unleaded petrol has steadily gone up from 117 ppl at the end of November to 125ppl the other day.  It was around 112 ppl in July.

The question is how fast and how much inflation goes up.  In the past we've seen energy price rises but due to the way inflation figures are gamed we see relatively gradual rises which eventually 'drop out', ignoring the fact that the rise in the cost of living has been 'baked in'.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
7 hours ago, Sour Mash said:

Where I fill up, Super Unleaded petrol has steadily gone up from 117 ppl at the end of November to 125ppl the other day.  It was around 112 ppl in July.

The question is how fast and how much inflation goes up.  In the past we've seen energy price rises but due to the way inflation figures are gamed we see relatively gradual rises which eventually 'drop out', ignoring the fact that the rise in the cost of living has been 'baked in'.

Thank f**k I bought a bunch of RDSB last January. The capital growth and that sweet dividend stream is covering these rises for me. Just goes to show who this 'economy' really works for and how you've got to play the game. 

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
2 hours ago, Frugal Git said:

Thank f**k I bought a bunch of RDSB last January. The capital growth and that sweet dividend stream is covering these rises for me. Just goes to show who this 'economy' really works for and how you've got to play the game. 

I have some of them also via my HYP (so hold directly) and also in my VUKE ETF.

HOLA4422
2 hours ago, interestrateripoff said:

70s stagflation?

That's been my expectation for some time.

Keynesian assumptions were short-circuited in the 70s when OPEC started sequestering oil as a store of wealth after Nixon closed the gold window, and again I believe in 2008-10, when traders began using oil as a source of liquidity after the Crash and we witnessed the so-called $140bbl Goldman's spike, even as global demand was devastated by recession.

The world is once again experiencing an acute dollar shortage. WTI and Brent were up about 50% over the course of 2016, the biggest gains since 2009. Hard to believe that demand or the miniscule production cuts that OPEC have promised but not yet delivered are responsible for all of that rise.

The Physiocrats were the only school of economists to discuss the role of energy in production functions, some two and half centuries ago.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425