Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bossybabe

Things I wish I knew before buying a new washing machine.

40 minutes ago, 200p said:

If you don't tell people they will do it.

74c3bbe4e2a22095e87102453c6cbcf5.jpg

It's the same with Karvol capsules - I assume you can't get them now because people were swallowing them....or giving them to their kids/babies :o

You can still get them in the USA and India - maybe they are cleverer than us?

Never heard of it before but I'd assume that a capsule was for swallowing, although the weird nibby bit at one end would give me pause.

winkie   
1 hour ago, 200p said:

If you don't tell people they will do it.

74c3bbe4e2a22095e87102453c6cbcf5.jpg

It's the same with Karvol capsules - I assume you can't get them now because people were swallowing them....or giving them to their kids/babies :o

You can still get them in the USA and India - maybe they are cleverer than us?

Can't be very nice swallowing one of those.....cut the tip off and put few drops on hanky or pillowcase....who reads instructions it seems?

Some of the washing capsules both clothes and dishes must be very attractive to children if they come across them.....wash your mouth out with soap literally...not nice.;)

pic_1656_2.jpg

2 hours ago, LiveinHope said:

They are very well engineered and, importantly well put together and so are very easy to work upon. I've taken mine to bits twice and was very impressed with the build quality.

I found that mine can occasionally eat socks and the sock can get stuck between the inner and outer drum, which is a pain, hence the dismantling. I now put socks in a net bag.

But because they are well put together they are easy to take to bits this will help should you have to.

The drive might as well have a lifetime guarantee - nothing to go wrong with it. The weak spot will be the PCB and that is user serviceable, but because there is much less vibration as it's direct drive the PCB should last longer.

Thank you. Have bookmarked the link for future reference. 

4 hours ago, Reebo said:

My washing machine stopped turning the other day. I fixed it with the help of YouTube and some brushes for £7. I got many man points for this, and it feels awesome :P

Hopefully we will get another 8 years out of it now.

Absolutely fine - but I have limitations due to having a stroke. I'll PM you if I need help. 😜

7 hours ago, Bossybabe said:

Have just had my new (LG) washer dryer delivered. As there's been no working washing machine here for a week I'm eager to get it working. So, uncharacteristically, I read the instructions before I put a load in. 

I'm disappointed to find that I can't use it to wash my vegetables. :o Should I return it and choose one that does wash my lettuce and cabbage?

IMG_3239.JPG

I think its OK if you wash the fruit & veg separately.

1 hour ago, This time said:

Never heard of it before but I'd assume that a capsule was for swallowing, although the weird nibby bit at one end would give me pause.

I thought thst bit was to help ease it up your bottom.

MrPin   
3 minutes ago, whitevanman said:

The manufacturers confuse matters by having a heavy soil setting. They should really call it the shit and piss setting.

Use a burning bin, not a washing machine.

200p   
10 hours ago, happy_renting said:

I thought that bit was to help ease it up your bottom.

ouch, can you imagine a Karvol capsule releasing it's contents in your rectum! It'll be the opposite to a curry!

I demand a freedom request of information from A&E departments identifying cases of these capsules put up there.

They mystery of the Karvol capsule discontinuation is closed.

---

Well maybe not.

Maybe people were putting them in their ears (decongest ears?)

In their nose (direct effect huh)

Anywhere else... you decide.

1 hour ago, 200p said:

ouch, can you imagine a Karvol capsule releasing it's contents in your rectum! It'll be the opposite to a curry!

I demand a freedom request of information from A&E departments identifying cases of these capsules put up there.

---

Well maybe not.

The IQ of the proletariat has definitely fallen. 

14 hours ago, winkie said:

Can't be very nice swallowing one of those.....cut the tip off and put few drops on hanky or pillowcase....who reads instructions it seems?

Some of the washing capsules both clothes and dishes must be very attractive to children if they come across them.....wash your mouth out with soap literally...not nice.;)

pic_1656_2.jpg

Far worse than washing your mouth out with soap! Some of the laundry gel capsules are severely corrosive and there were reports of young children being hospitalised after thinking that they were sweets.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2394908/One-year-old-dies-eating-laundry-detergent-pod-shelter-abused-women-staying-mother.html

Reebo   
14 hours ago, Bossybabe said:

Absolutely fine - but I have limitations due to having a stroke. I'll PM you if I need help. 😜

Sorry if I implied that you should be fixing your own stuff, it wasn't aimed at your OP.

I just saw an opportunity to tell the internet that I fixed a washing machine, and took it ;)

My mum was impressed :)

John51   

Guy I bought my current washing machine from said that the manufacturers try to outdo each wrt spin speed. Seems 800rpm is adequate and prolongs the life of the bearings compared to 1200rpm or higher.

8 hours ago, 200p said:

---

Well maybe not.

Amazon has them
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Karvol-Capsules-Pack-of-12-x/dp/B001WT5LJ8

5 hours ago, John The Pessimist said:

Far worse than washing your mouth out with soap! Some of the laundry gel capsules are severely corrosive and there were reports of young children being hospitalised after thinking that they were sweets.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2394908/One-year-old-dies-eating-laundry-detergent-pod-shelter-abused-women-staying-mother.html

If you get some in your eye you'll believe that. Awful stuff.

8 hours ago, Reebo said:

Sorry if I implied that you should be fixing your own stuff, it wasn't aimed at your OP.

I just saw an opportunity to tell the internet that I fixed a washing machine, and took it ;)

My mum was impressed :)

No problem. Once upon a time I did manage to fix my own dishwasher but physical limitations preclude and my son is the most useless with anything but computers. 

I'm also impressed, BTW. 😊