jiltedjen

2017 predictions

On 23/12/2016 at 3:35 AM, canbuywontbuy said:
  • The UK's population will grow by 500,000
  • Brexit will be kicked into the long grass - stuck in some legal limbo
  • House prices will stall
  • UK base rate will be cut to 0.0%.
  • New migrant crisis - Turkey will open its borders and unleash millions of people into the EU
  • Strong speculation that Twitter will fold (no buyers, never makes a profit) through the year - 2018 it will be folded into Instagram in some way
  • Much talk about Facebook on the decline - we will come to realise that 2016 was Peak Facebook in years ahead
  • Google will suffer a huge technical failure
  • Gold will fall down to $800-$900 (investors have lost faith in PMs)
  • FTSE 7600 to 7700 at end of year
  • Oil at $65
  • pound at $1.13

Nice try

6 hours ago, Ah-so said:

Nice try

I just tried Facebook but it didn't work, something about nonexistent user, this is clear proof that the prediction came true

11 hours ago, zugzwang said:

There's still a month left! Anything could happen...

November and December 2016 increases which account for nearly half the headline annual increase yet to wash out the stats. Could well be down to +2%  or below by early January on Halifax index.

On 27 December 2016 at 8:12 AM, Pop321 said:

My predictions last year included a rate rise in Oct 2016, HPI slowing in London, Fergus selling all his houses (again), Cherie Blair getting richer...

However, I did predict some great posts by the veterans on this site and that I would lose weight only to put it back on again.....those were fairly spot on. 

2017 - best stick to what I know. 

Star Wars 8 - will not be dark enough but the kids will love it. 

I will lose weight 

118 will begin to see the impact of S24 but blame the banks, the government, tenants, HPC and start a campaign without really getting to the root cause of the problem...their debt. 

Interest rates....static

FTSE.....static

EU.....begins to wobble, Germany needs to continue to lead and fund (until collapse which is in future years predictions). Greece borrows some money. 

House Price Crash.....like a slowly turning screw, begins. Proportionate to rises seen, so geographically mixed. 

Malta deports expat for inciting violence when buying up local property. 

Poor effort on my part  

On 22 December 2016 at 7:02 PM, doomed said:

Bitcoin $5000

Interesting and accurate.....let me know there bitcoin¬†will be next year. I might get some, do I buy them at the post officeūüėČ?¬†

1 hour ago, crashmonitor said:

November and December 2016 increases which account for nearly half the headline annual increase yet to wash out the stats. Could well be down to +2%  or below by early January on Halifax index.

I said it in another thread but if the 0.25% interest rate hike can tamper the demand for large mortgages and take just £4k off  of the average mortgage by December then we are game on for YoY falls on the Halifax index for December.

2 hours ago, Pop321 said:

Poor effort on my part  

Interesting and accurate.....let me know there bitcoin¬†will be next year. I might get some, do I buy them at the post officeūüėČ?¬†

My 2018 prediction is that Bitcoin Cash will overtake Bitcoin and be in the 8-10k range.

On 23/12/2016 at 11:54 AM, crashmonitor said:

FTSE 100 7250

Gold $1100 (maybe sub $1000 during the year)

CPI 2.2% (slow growth will keep a lid on it imo)

GDP 1.4%

HPI 2.0% (held up by the north, London may fall)

Base Rates 0.25%

Pound $1.30

Brent $60

Just a message for Mr  Banks following your kite flying thread...I sometimes think you confuse anti hpi rhetoric with poor forecasting on this forum. I think on the latter we have done quite well over the years. Still hoping for 100% on hpi, Ftse 100, Cpi, pound, GDP and  Brent come the January 18 outcome. Ok gold and interest rates looking decidedly dodgy.

On ‚Äé23‚Äé/‚Äé12‚Äé/‚Äé2016 at 5:21 AM, sideysid said:

More celebrities will die. Bruce Forsyth will be a 2017 casualty. 

Well that prediction at least was accurate.... 

8 hours ago, crashmonitor said:

Just a message for Mr  Banks following your kite flying thread...I sometimes think you confuse anti hpi rhetoric with poor forecasting on this forum. I think on the latter we have done quite well over the years. Still hoping for 100% on hpi, Ftse 100, Cpi, pound, GDP and  Brent come the January 18 outcome. Ok gold and interest rates looking decidedly dodgy.

You're being too modest, cm. You've probably outperformed 99% of professional forecasters again this year! Sterling's persistent weakness was the only thing you didn't factor. Remarkable.

gold_medal_1st_place_winner_sticker-r996