House Price Crash Forum

Celebrity Death Sweepstake 2017

blobloblob

HOLA441
11 hours ago, Bossybabe said:

I've been celebrating ??since the news broke. Never could stand the bloke. ?

RIP, Brucie. 

Edmontons most famous son gone . His family used to own/run a petrol station and before that a bike shop. Went to same school as my dad who's still around.

Despite local connections not my cup of tea and if he was on tv ,off it went. Prefer chas n dave, maybe ones to watch ?

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
  • 1 month later...
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
  • 2 weeks later...
HOLA448
HOLA449
2 hours ago, reddog said:

Sean Hughes dead, quite scary actually.  I don't watch much TV anymore, when I was a regular watcher (which in my head wasn't that long ago), he was still young.

He was a self-professed hedonist. Drink, drugs, fags.

Cause of death is reported as heart attack after a flare-up of cirrhosis. Said he didn't want to grow old. I get the feeling if you knew him well, it might not have come as such a shock ... nevertheless, RIP. Youngest guy to win a Perrier ward, so clearly a talent.

HOLA4410
2 hours ago, reddog said:

Sean Hughes dead, quite scary actually.  I don't watch much TV anymore, when I was a regular watcher (which in my head wasn't that long ago), he was still young.

Cr4p. That was exactly my thought, too. Seeing the recent pictures was a bit of a shock too, but I haven't watched TV for more than 10 years.

• 4 weeks later...
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
49 minutes ago, Does Commute Abit said:

La fine for Antonio at a decent innings of 80. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41920229

His spirit shall live on forever through his overpriced franchised restaurant chain.  Just like Colonel Sanders. 

God those places are awful! It's amazing the premium people in mundane provincial towns will pay for Pizza Express minus the screaming kids. The biggest brand sell-out since Pierre Cardin.

• 2 weeks later...
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
On 11/19/2017 at 12:06 AM, dances with sheeple said:

Malcolm Young, only 64. RIP.

Damn shame. Check out this vid of Malcom and the lads only 8 years ago at the River Plate. If you wanna see people enjoying themselves at live music, this is the epitome.

And don't miss the girl on her friend's shoulders at 2:02-2:05 ; tell me anyone could have that much fun at a Beiber concert!

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
16 hours ago, jay67 said:

Angus and Malcolm's brother, George Young, died on 23rd October, aged 70. He was a member of the Aussie band The Easybeats. Not sure how many people recall them, but their single Friday On My Mind was a cracker.

Crikey.

I'm not into the morbid prediction that this thread supposedly revolves around , but Angus can't be feeling too optimistic ... :(

HOLA4420
On 20/11/2017 at 9:49 AM, ubuntu said:

Jana Novotna RIP, only 49!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/42049507

Cancer was the cause (and I read up that the Czech Republic has crazy high cancer rates that match up or even exceed with Scotland's not modest rates). I also read about another female tennis player from Ukraine (but assimilated into Britain) who died from liver cancer some years earlier at the even more shockingly young age of 30!

Stress related drinking or drugs from high pressure training and competition? Steroid induced side effects?

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
3 hours ago, Big Orange said:

Cancer was the cause (and I read up that the Czech Republic has crazy high cancer rates that match up or even exceed with Scotland's not modest rates). I also read about another female tennis player from Ukraine (but assimilated into Britain) who died from liver cancer some years earlier at the even more shockingly young age of 30!

Stress related drinking or drugs from high pressure training and competition? Steroid induced side effects?

Ah yes I remember Elena Baltacha

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elena_Baltacha

Chernobyl effect?

HOLA4425
4 hours ago, juvenal said:

RIP: Rodney Bewes at 79. He played wimp Bob Ferris  in What Ever Happened to the Likely Lads?

Here's a prophetic scene from ~1973 for all the Brexiteers. What great social commentary. Clement and Le Frenais nailing it.

Archived