Oliver Sutton

SJW meltdown

oracle   
7 hours ago, newbonic said:

Regressive leftism has acquired most of the characteristics of a cult. And this guy committed heresy.

BINGO!!!!!!!

You truly recognise it for what it is, a cult like religeon every bit as dangerous as the inquisition was about 600 years ago.

Millaise   
6 hours ago, Habeas Domus said:

The first thing he did wrong was completely misunderstand/misrepresent the data,

Like you do? 

Of the sexes, it is men who have the longer tails in the intelligence/talent distribution, top and bottom, so there are men who are unbelievably dim, and men who are outrageously able.

Here's the response to what Damore wrote from experts. They don't seem to disagree with the thrust of his memo.

https://web.archive.org/web/20170808013732/http://quillette.com/2017/08/07/google-memo-four-scientists-respond/

Riedquat   
14 hours ago, Millaise said:

Like you do? 

Of the sexes, it is men who have the longer tails in the intelligence/talent distribution, top and bottom, so there are men who are unbelievably dim, and men who are outrageously able.

Here's the response to what Damore wrote from experts. They don't seem to disagree with the thrust of his memo.

https://web.archive.org/web/20170808013732/http://quillette.com/2017/08/07/google-memo-four-scientists-respond/

Shhh, you're not allowed to even think about, let alone investigate, anything that could possibly contradict the article of dogma that says that other in the completely unavoidable physical differences, which don't actually mean anything, everyone is 100% identical in every way.

Byron   
1 hour ago, Riedquat said:

Shhh, you're not allowed to even think about, let alone investigate, anything that could possibly contradict the article of dogma that says that other in the completely unavoidable physical differences, which don't actually mean anything, everyone is 100% identical in every way.

You mean we are all 100% Homo Sapiens?

17 hours ago, Millaise said:

Like you do? 

Wow, thank you for that link. On balance, they seem to support him. Not totally, not each as much as each other, but on balance they very clearly support him. I have not checked into their qualifications yet to make sure they are not alt-right pseudo-scientists, but the bios given make it unlikely.

This will not hurt Google at all though. The most "politically" active and vocal are angrily against even discussing this and they seek to economically and socially murder anybody who dares to question. Ironically, they would burn this guy at the stake if they could get away with it.

Errol   
2 hours ago, Byron said:

You mean we are all 100% Homo Sapiens?

You have deeply offended me. I identify as a lizard and totally reject any association with Homo Sapiens.

Byron   
5 hours ago, Errol said:

You have deeply offended me. I identify as a lizard and totally reject any association with Homo Sapiens.

Offended

I wonder if there is a word like Onended, or gusted.

And just why is disappointed not the opposite of appointed?

Which catches fire  Flammable or Inflammable?

Can you become disemployed?

Anyway, are lizards sapient?

Although a BBC show I found it off putting I was subjected to a mini-tantrum by a young student when I mentioned Sherlock for supposedly being racist with its 2nd episode of its first season, "The Blind Banker" (for its depiction of Chinese circus troupe and some certain Chinese cultural trappings, and how it was demonising ALL Chinese like it was The Eternal Jew propaganda film, and elsewhere on line a blog threw a paddy when the Triad gang cell used yellow graffiti for passing codes). If some modern audiences could not cope with mild depictions of fictional Triad crooks and Chinese theatrics in a modern setting in Sherlock, they wouldn't last thirty seconds with One Of Our Dinosaurs Is Missing!

Edited by Big Orange

John51   
17 hours ago, Big Orange said:

Although a BBC show I found it off putting I was subjected to a mini-tantrum by a young student when I mentioned Sherlock for supposedly being racist with its 2nd episode of its first season, "The Blind Banker" (for its depiction of Chinese circus troupe and some certain Chinese cultural trappings, and how it was demonising ALL Chinese like it was The Eternal Jew propaganda film, and elsewhere on line a blog threw a paddy when the Triad gang cell used yellow graffiti for passing codes). If some modern audiences could not cope with mild depictions of fictional Triad crooks and Chinese theatrics in a modern setting in Sherlock, they wouldn't last thirty seconds with One Of Our Dinosaurs Is Missing!

We could have a law that makes 'Stolen Outrage' illegal. Then, only Chinese people could claim racism over that episode of Sherlock.  

Orsino   

That Michael Jackson popcorn gif that's quite popular on HPC might be an example of 'Digital Blackface' apparently:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-40931479/is-it-ok-to-use-black-emojis-and-gifs

And white people with dreadlocks may be guilty of 'cultural appropriation... says black woman with straightened hair.

It's August. It's the BBC. Well, what did you expect?

Errol   
1 hour ago, Orsino said:

That Michael Jackson popcorn gif that's quite popular on HPC might be an example of 'Digital Blackface' apparently:

There's an almost identical one (or at least of picture) of Putin eating popcorn. Is that 'whiteface'? Will it be banned as well?

PopGun   
On 13/08/2017 at 6:16 PM, Errol said:

I've now moved to using DuckDuckGo exclusively now as well. Good riddance to Google.

That el show em

Errol   
14 minutes ago, PopGun said:

That el show em

I'm not the only one. 50%+ of the US population voted for Trump. If Google pisses off even only 10-20% of those sufficiently, they will notice a difference in their figures.