House Price Crash Forum

The emperor has no clothes

TheCountOfNowhere

HOLA441

I voted BrExit for a few reasons, the main one being though that I felt it was the only way for the 99% to register a protest with the 1% over how they are running the country.

There is no oppoisiton, it's tory lite or tory, all banker supporting, all throwing everything at keeping (their own) asset prices sky high.

There is no way to vote these people out and the country is clearly being run by a small minority, for a smally minority.

Today I see a state appointed central banker show utter and total contempt for the Prime Minister and one of the propertied elite saying that Carney ( who's done such a good job for the rich, him included ) should stay on.

Pre-BrExit there was the pretyence that these people were working for the good of the UK/the people but now I think it's clear/evident that they are not.

The emperor has no clothes.

Much trouble to follow me thinks.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
9 minutes ago, Errol said:

He's quite clearly hated by the establishment, who are trying to destroy him. That's good enough for me.

He's far too exposed - you get the impression that the stuff that has already come about about groping, etc are the thin end of the wedge.

Personally I can't stand the guy (born with a silver spoon in his mouth and tells you what big deal he is all the time) but I can't stand Clinton either (slippery, power hungry member of the 1%).

In the event of a freak Trump victory I would imagine the USA will fall back on it's long and illustrious history of Presidential assassinations.

HOLA449

Its pretty obvious they are happy to destroy everything to keep house prices up alongside zombie companies with far too much debt.The economy cant  re-balance because "the invisible hand" is being stopped from working by printing and interest rate policy.

This will end badly.The crash will be huge when it comes of course.The BOE needs to increase rates,but wont.It seems to me they want to blame Brexit to hide the fact that massive deficits are the problem,mostly aimed at keeping the rich,rich (housing benefit,tax credits,farming subs etc)

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
36 minutes ago, Errol said:

Indeed, but for the time being Trump will have to do. 

He's quite clearly hated by the establishment, who are trying to destroy him. That's good enough for me.

An anti-establishment billionaire and 3rd generation land parasite!? 

Lol. 

Its as if prince Edward was running for prime-minister.

Edit: I watched the last debate live, expecting to see a slick talking radical.  What I actually saw was a sad old man rambling incoherently while he struggled to remember his lines.

Edited by BuyToLeech

HOLA4412
37 minutes ago, Errol said:

Indeed, but for the time being Trump will have to do. 

Trump's number one policy is to drop taxes on companies and high-net individuals so that they can increase their wealth and some of this will 'trickle down' and hopefully benefit the 99% - he is the establishment, and this trickle-down economies has been pretty comprehensively shown to not work over the last 3 decades.

Crashing the system will not make things better - it will simply leave a hole where things might get better or might get a lot worse.

Change takes real leadership and thought about how to make things different - and that's not Trump - he is the very definition of a vested interest.

HOLA4413

The whole idea of central banks + leaving the gold standard + keeping up stability is to make sure that free market can be abused in a way that they are able to extract more money than they otherwise could with free market forces working.

That is what they call stability, stability for the money making machine, free market forces are not allowed to correct markets and do their job. They try to avoid all the recessions (=when banks and people living on unearned money are losing wealth) which would hit their little money making machine.

Policymakers shouldn't be able to devalue money, introduce inflation and they should not allow banks infecting everyone's life with their debt. Debt should be kept for its original purpose - should be used only when there is a huge project serving the public, that couldn't have been financed otherwise.

HOLA4414
3 minutes ago, london_thirtythree said:

Crashing the system will not make things better - it will simply leave a hole where things might get better or might get a lot worse.

Change takes real leadership and thought about how to make things different - and that's not Trump - he is the very definition of a vested interest.

Anything well-established never changes until it's forced to (for good or ill), a crash and hoping what comes out of it is an improvement is the only chance of getting an improvement. A really strong, competent leader may be able to introduce reform instead of revolution but how likely is any such person not wedded to the current system will be able to get to a leadership position?

HOLA4415
Just now, jo_gian said:

The whole idea of central banks + leaving the gold standard + keeping up stability is to make sure that free market can be abused in a way that they are able to extract more money than they otherwise could with free market forces working.

That is what they call stability, stability for the money making machine, free market forces are not allowed to correct markets and do their job. They try to avoid all the recessions (=when banks and people living on unearned money are losing wealth) which would hit their little money making machine.

Policymakers shouldn't be able to devalue money, introduce inflation and they should not allow banks infecting everyone's life with their debt. Debt should be kept for its original purpose - should be used only when there is a huge project serving the public, that couldn't have been financed otherwise.

This is my point, this describes a policy that we should be discussing as part of who we elect and what kind of society we want - was leaving the gold standard a good idea?

(I am not sure of the answer to that one, but seems like Fiat is a bad idea when looked at over time)

But that kind of considered debate is not what Trump is about

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
52 minutes ago, london_thirtythree said:

The choice is Hillary or Trump. In effect only one option - Trump.

I'm not saying Trump is perfect or the best person to lead, but if the choice is only Hillary or Trump then it's Trump every time.

Edited by Errol

HOLA4418
16 minutes ago, london_thirtythree said:

This is my point, this describes a policy that we should be discussing as part of who we elect and what kind of society we want - was leaving the gold standard a good idea?

(I am not sure of the answer to that one, but seems like Fiat is a bad idea when looked at over time)

But that kind of considered debate is not what Trump is about

That is the reason that cryptocurrencies are derided. They work in the opposite way to fiat and to an extent any metals standard as they wouldn't devalue over time.

Trump is the "let it burn" candidate, a vote for him is seen as a vote against the establishment. Stories about him only fuel that image. He should be tackled calmly on policy but unfortunately there are few who are able to rise above his inflammatory rhetoric. Instead they are instantly triggered and shown as easily led. All critics focus on issues which only go to reinforce the image that somehow he's no part of the establishment.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
3 hours ago, Futuroid said:

In the event of a freak Trump victory I would imagine the USA will fall back on it's long and illustrious history of Presidential assassinations.

I'm guessing the 'elite' are well aware that they'd be swinging from lamp-posts the next morning if that happened.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
3 hours ago, Errol said:

The choice is Hillary or Trump. In effect only one option - Trump.

I'm not saying Trump is perfect or the best person to lead, but if the choice is only Hillary or Trump then it's Trump every time.

A very good analysis from Sam Harris: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yBGE80covk

"I would vote for Hillary if she were on life support."
"I would vote for her if I new she would die in office the first week."

"If you gave me a choice, to randomly pick an American citizen, or take Trump, I would roll the dice."
"As long as she doesn't turn up at a rally and kill and eat a baby, she's got my vote."

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Choosing who to vote for is like trying to choose which sexually transmitted disease you want to catch, Corbyn V May is like choosing between herpes & gonorrhea whereas Clinton V Trump is like choosing between Syphilis & AIDS.....its just a choice between the rich get richer or having a complete idiot in charge (potentially both....).